By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Found the hottest take so far:

Dude is basically making this out to being a device for nobody, worse than the Switch and not of much use. Like he even went so far as to go directly to PCGamer's twitter account to toss in his vid and throw up a shitty "guess you won't be playing X/Y Ninty games then" as if that's all gaming is.

Now granted the article title is clearly clickbait, but at the same time, that site and account are for PC gaming, so why is a fanboy coming directly to a PCgaming's twitter account if not to look for a fight?. I've been noticing over time that some console only's are showing up in their threads the past year, and it's almost always got to do with some stupid scrap fight. The dude above is a prime example, especially when you watch vid video and hear the take. 

This is kinda why I end up rolling my eyes whenever PC gets some new kit of hw or device, because we always see this happening (we've already got a few on this site who are like "lol it's ded, it dun has Ninty games!), and it's why I wish some peeps would stick their nose out of this (I've got Sony threads entirely muted on this site for example, because I don't feel the need to show up on those threads as an example). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 16 July 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Found the hottest take so far:

Dude is basically making this out to being a device for nobody, worse than the Switch and not of much use. Like he even went so far as to go directly to PCGamer's twitter account to toss in his vid and throw up a shitty "guess you won't be playing X/Y Ninty games then" as if that's all gaming is.

Now granted the article title is clearly clickbait, but at the same time, that site and account are for PC gaming, so why is a fanboy coming directly to a PCgaming's twitter account if not to look for a fight?. I've been noticing over time that some console only's are showing up in their threads the past year, and it's almost always got to do with some stupid scrap fight. The dude above is a prime example, especially when you watch vid video and hear the take. 

Yea, it feels like there's a good number of people, especially in the Nintendo camp completely missing the point of this. They think that this is supposed to be a Vita replacement and thus feel threatened by it for some reason.

In reality, what this does is bring something completely unique to the table.

It's a portable gaming PC that costs $529. Nintendo never did anything like that, Sony never did anything like that, MS didn't either. Console people always harp on the fact that PCs are super expensive and you know what, because of the chip shortages and what not, yes, at least with this generation, PCs gaming has been super expensive to the point where if you are on a budget... It would be very hard to get a good gaming PC.

This on the other hand, it does quite a lot. Because of it's 800p resolution and specs, it will be able to play a ton of games even on the go. And then if you want to use this as a normal PC by attaching it to a monitor for light gaming, office work or just surfing the internet, it will work there to! It significantly lowers the barrier to entry for PC gaming and that's what's so good about it. It has some flaws but this is the type of device that I always wanted and compared to something like a GPD Win 3 which starts at $800 USD for weaker components, it's a steal!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Big news in the semiconductor industry: Apparently Intel wants to buy Golbalfoundries, the old Fabs of AMD that they split off after buying ATi

https://www.reuters.com/business/intel-talks-buy-globalfoundries-about-30-billion-wsj-2021-07-15/

Bofferbrauer2 said:

JEMC said:

It's Steam. Their store crashes every damn sale. What did you expect would happen?!

Is Steam really crashing so much on you guys? It never even once crashed on me.

To be honest, I always wait an hour or so before launching Steam when there0s going to be a sale, to avoid problems. Still, sometimes I still find it falling on the second day, like if people still thought that the deals would change every day.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Big news in the semiconductor industry: Apparently Intel wants to buy Golbalfoundries, the old Fabs of AMD that they split off after buying ATi

https://www.reuters.com/business/intel-talks-buy-globalfoundries-about-30-billion-wsj-2021-07-15/

Read it this morning. If true, it would be quite a journey for GloFO, from AMD to Intel.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Seems that Steam Deck could indeed have user replaceable SSDs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/olp7er/steam_deck_will_have_a_user_replaceable_ssd/

If true and if it's relatively easy to get into, then one could buy the base model and replace the storage

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/olp7er/steam_deck_will_have_a_user_replaceable_ssd/

If true and if it's relatively easy to get into, then one could buy the base model and replace the storage

Holy shit, if that's true I'd easily go for the base model, provided the replacement is an easy procedure. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

The only thing you have to be careful with is that it a M.2 2230.  Finding a M.2 2230 Pcie 3x4 lanes is actually not easy.  Quick google only thing I found at 512GB was a SanDisk PC SN520 512GB m.2 2230 which was pcie 3x2 and $200.  if the most expensive model 3x4 the extra $50 might not be so horrible and not having to deal with doing the replacement.

I did not look too hard so might be other options out there but 2230 is defiantly way way rarer then the typical 2280 people buy.

Then again we don't know the specs of what it comes with.  It possible they both PCIE 3X2 or maybe the 256gb is and the 512GB is PCIE 3x4 or maybe the slot it self limited to PICE 3X2 so it don't really matter.

unfortunately I think we going to have to wait awhile till they give out dev units and get some good reviews before we know.

Cyran said:
Captain_Yuri said:

The only thing you have to be careful with is that it a M.2 2230.  Finding a M.2 2230 Pcie 3x4 lanes is actually not easy.  Quick google only thing I found at 512GB was a SanDisk PC SN520 512GB m.2 2230 which was pcie 3x2 and $200.  if the most expensive model 3x4 the extra $50 might not be so horrible and not having to deal with doing the replacement.

I did not look too hard so might be other options out there but 2230 is defiantly way way rarer then the typical 2280 people buy.

Then again we don't know the specs of what it comes with.  It possible they both PCIE 3X2 or maybe the 256gb is and the 512GB is PCIE 3x4 or maybe the slot it self limited to PICE 3X2 so it don't really matter.

unfortunately I think we going to have to wait awhile till they give out dev units and get some good reviews before we know.

Yea, we know somethings but it's hard to tell what the slot supports in the base model. I would imagine the slot in the base model has support for PCIE 3x4 as everything else is the same between the 3. And yea, those ones are certainly pricer than your average SSDs.

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/tech

Captain_Yuri said:
Cyran said:

Yea, we know somethings but it's hard to tell what the slot supports in the base model. I would imagine the slot in the base model has support for PCIE 3x4 as everything else is the same between the 3. And yea, those ones are certainly pricer than your average SSDs.

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/tech

Cool, Then the question is can you find a 512GB M.2 2230 PCIE 3x4 for much less then $250?  I guess if a lot of steam deck sell a market will pop up for them so someone will come in to offer them but at least right now not so sure that something you can just go buy easily.

A quick Amazon (Spain) search resulted in a Kioxia 256 GB, M.2 2230, PCI Express 3.0 x4 for 82 €, but there aren't many drives with the 2230 size limit. Hopefully the Deck can hold at least 2242 units, of which there are more models available.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.