By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

AMD GETS STACKED ? 192 MB of L3 Cache on Ryzen, Coming 2022?

I think Intel is ded boys but we will see.

Next Exynos Chip will Feature AMD RDNA 2 with Ray Tracing, Variable Shading and More

https://wccftech.com/next-exynos-chip-will-feature-amd-rdna-2-with-ray-tracing-variable-shading-and-more/

Galaxy devices with RDNA 2 will be nuts!

Linus reviews 6800 Mobile

TLDR: Loses to the 3080 mobile in every way... AMD also claimed that the 6000 series might perform better on just battery but that was false as well.

But the one thing the review didn't mention is the price!

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16715/the-asus-rog-strix-g15-g513qy-review-amd-advantage

If you look at laptop prices, the price of a 3070 laptop is very similar to the price of the 6800M equipped laptop! And considering it can get close to a 3080 Laptop... That's quite the good deal.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea pretty much. I remember with the Tis were exciting refreshes but these days, it's just to fill in the price gaps which is very lame. The only good Ti that's out there is the 3060 Ti. Curse you mining craze! These companies ain't gonna care about anything if all their GPUs sell out regardless of price and performance...

1080ti really was that lightning in a bottle, the "chosen one", that's to fade in time as a legendary GPU. I haven't seen one as good of value and power as it was. 2080ti doesn't even have my interest, mostly because it's cut back in some places but massively expensive, which imo, does away with any of it's pros, making it meh worthy. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Loll thanks! Lessons for next time:

Pre-order every where day 1
Get on the Evga Queue list day 1
Don't worry about the model unless it's a Zotac

Remember the problem there was with Ampere's power delivery at launch because AIBs decided to skimp on the type/quality of the capacitators? And it was something that affected all the AIBs, not just one or two.

Pre-order and day 1 may get you the card you wanted, but you could end regretting it.

Captain_Yuri said:

Anandtech does have the Raw stills provided to them by AMD. Hopefully the game we will see in June 22nd will look better than that.

(Left 1440p Native, Right FSR Qualty Mode)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16723/amd-formally-unveils-fidelityfx-super-resolution-open-source-game-upscaling

I think the colums are a better example of the loss in quality:

It's not pretty, but we'll see if it's distracting while playing.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Remember the problem there was with Ampere's power delivery at launch because AIBs decided to skimp on the type/quality of the capacitators? And it was something that affected all the AIBs, not just one or two.

Pre-order and day 1 may get you the card you wanted, but you could end regretting it.

Captain_Yuri said:

Anandtech does have the Raw stills provided to them by AMD. Hopefully the game we will see in June 22nd will look better than that.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16723/amd-formally-unveils-fidelityfx-super-resolution-open-source-game-upscaling

Yeah, it looks worse, but not nearly DLSS 1.0 bad.

Also, those are stills, the question is if it's also visible or noticeable in movement and if yes, how much so.

Considering FSR doesn't take into account any motion vectors according to Anandtech's article and Motion is generally harder to do than Stills... I get the feeling it's gonna look much worse in motion. June 22nd can't come soon enough!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but at that point, you can RMA or exchange. At least you will have options.

And yea, it literally looks like as though they decreased the render resolution and added in FXAA. We will see what happens though cause the point of upscaling technology is to make it look close to native instead of being blurry and image looking like it's coming from a lower rez.

My theory as this produces very similar issues as with other modern upscaling technologies when it comes to 1440p (except DLSS.) So... At 4k + Ultra Quality/Quality mode, it will look fine. But anything less, it will look terrible. We will wait and see though!

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 June 2021

The games for Humble Choice June have been revealed.

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI : Platinum Edition (one key for this)
  • Secret Neighbor
  • Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
  • Worms Rumble + Worms Rumble - Legends Pack
  • Going Under
  • Panzer Paladin
  • Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star
  • Desolate
  • Ikenfell
  • Paw Paw Paw
  • Effie
  • Disjunction (GOG key)

Looks like Zen 3 could be getting a refresh with AMD's V-caching technology!

"Update June 1st:

In a call with AMD, we have confirmed the following:

• This technology will be productized with 7nm Zen 3-based Ryzen processors. Nothing was said about EPYC.
  • Those processors will start production at the end of the year. No comment on availability, although Q1 2022 would fit into AMD's regular cadence.
  • This V-Cache chiplet is 64 MB of additional L3, with no stepped penalty on latency. The V-Cache is address striped with the normal L3 and can be powered down when not in use. The V-Cache sits on the same power plane as the regular L3.
  • The processor with V-Cache is the same z-height as current Zen 3 products - both the core chiplet and the V-Cache are thinned to have an equal z-height as the IOD die for seamless integration
  • As the V-Cache is built over the L3 cache on the main CCX, it doesn't sit over any of the hotspots created by the cores and so thermal considerations are less of an issue. The support silicon above the cores is designed to be thermally efficient.
  • The V-Cache is a single 64 MB die, and is relatively denser than the normal L3 because it uses SRAM-optimized libraries of TSMC's 7nm process, AMD knows that TSMC can do multiple stacked dies, however AMD is only talking about a 1-High stack at this time which it will bring to market."

Also AMD pulled an Intel during their Laptop GPU portion

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 June 2021

Because Zen4 won't be ready to counter Alder Lake, AMD may use these Zen3 V-Cache processors instead. After all, the extra cache is specially useful in games.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Here's the usual review round-up from Videocardz, this time for the 3080Ti:

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-review-roundup