By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I thought the fans would daisy-chain with each other to get rid of some cables. That's a big design flaw, in my opinion.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Build has everything but GPU in it now. Power on test shows all fans spinning and all RGB up. Just gonna run some last benchmarks on my old rig to have a direct comparison. And then it's time to kill the old girl by ripping out her brain.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Noice! *Looks at last sentence* I think...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

I thought the fans would daisy-chain with each other to get rid of some cables. That's a big design flaw, in my opinion.

Yeah, that's a really stupid design decision. If all AIO CPU Water coolers are like this, I'll stick to aircooling for my next PC.

I know the Phanteks one that I am getting has Daisy Chain.

Not sure why NZXTs one doesn't

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Build is officially done.

Backside

I know it sucks but trust me, it wasn't possible to do anything you see differently. Because AIOs suck.

Fans are running fine and I already turned off all the RGB. For now I'm going for the quiet solution with a closed top. It's absolutely terrible for airflow, but for now it's fine.

Ran 3DMark on my old rig and then on the new one. Graphics score still the exact same. CPU score increased from 6300 to 13500. Score seems to be in line with reviews. There is probably lots of headroom for overclocking, but I doubt I'll need to overclock anytime soon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Noice! Congrats on a successful build! Should perform like a beast when you get your new GPU.

vivster said:

Build is officially done.

Fans are running fine and I already turned off all the RGB. For now I'm going for the quiet solution with a closed top. It's absolutely terrible for airflow, but for now it's fine.

Ran 3DMark on my old rig and then on the new one. Graphics score still the exact same. CPU score increased from 6300 to 13500. Score seems to be in line with reviews. There is probably lots of headroom for overclocking, but I doubt I'll need to overclock anytime soon.

Yes! That's the first thing I do to any component I buy.  Gotta remove them disco lights before I do anything else.

It looks great, viv. Congratulations for your new PC.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Intel 11th Gen Core “Rocket Lake-S” CPUs prices listed by multiple retailers

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-11th-gen-core-rocket-lake-s-cpus-prices-listed-by-multiple-retailers

11th gen:

10th gen:

Who knew that 10th gen would be such good value compared to both Intel and AMD offerings, especially as you could have got a 10 core on sale for $400!

Intel Kills Off All Optane-Only SSDs for Consumers, No Replacements Planned

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-kills-off-all-optane-only-ssds-for-consumers-no-replacements-planned