Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.62%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.28%

it sucks 21 5.30%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.28%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.28%

Meh 31 7.83%

Total:335
Captain_Yuri said:

Here's something weird. According to one of the more reliable leakers...

XSX
Front-End:
RDNA 1
Render-Back-Ends:
RDNA 2
Compute Units:
RDNA1
RT:
RDNA2

Now DF did mention on their Hot Chips that RDNA 2 chip in the Series X did have some resemblance to RDNA 1 such as the Compute Units. I'll be interested to see whether or not the Ps5 has a similar configuration and more importantly... Whether or not Big Navi does. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Was to be expected that it had some mix of different architectures, The GPUs of PS4, XBO, X360 and PS3 all were built in such a way.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Here's something weird. According to one of the more reliable leakers...

XSX
Front-End:
RDNA 1
Render-Back-Ends:
RDNA 2
Compute Units:
RDNA1
RT:
RDNA2

Now DF did mention on their Hot Chips that RDNA 2 chip in the Series X did have some resemblance to RDNA 1 such as the Compute Units. I'll be interested to see whether or not the Ps5 has a similar configuration and more importantly... Whether or not Big Navi does. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Was to be expected that it had some mix of different architectures, The GPUs of PS4, XBO, X360 and PS3 all were built in such a way.

And the PS4 Pro has some features from the RDNA architecture as well, if I'm not mistaken.

But it's still a bit weird that they mixed both aechitectures instead of going with a full RDNA2 chip. We'll see if the rumor/leak is true or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hinch said:

Looking through the Steam SEGA sale and Yakuza 0 for £3.74. Nice! Cheers for the write-up.

Thanks. And don't forget about the free stuff: Sonic 2, the DLCs for SHOGUN 2 and Theme Hospital and the weird games like Golden Axed (still not yet available).

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Great deal on the Metro Redux games on GOG now, bought them both but I'm having some trouble with performance and low fps.

On a completely different matter; has anyone here had any experience with premium steering wheels for racing games? I'm looking to purchase something that can be used on all platforms since I'll probably go for both PS and Xbox again in the 9th gen and I drive a few games on the PC as well. It's kinda annoying that wheels are licensed for either PS+PC or Xbox+PC and you need a 3rd party USB fix or simply a much more costly and customizable wheelset with different modules to remove and attach. A friend of mine has gotten me a sweet deal on a racing rig/chair that I don't want to pass up, but I don't want to waste top dollar on stuff I won't be happy with (concerning the wheels). By my calculations, I can get a premium kit for about the same price that two much poorer kits for each platform would cost me.

Maybe I'm just in a spending mood as of late and this is all a terrible idea...

i wish I could help you, but I have no experience with those kinds of peripherals. I've never had enough space for one of those.

Around the Network

Same, last time I used a steering wheel on PC was in 1999...

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:

Impressive you manage to grab one before it sold out.  What time today did Newegg have them available?

Captain_Yuri said:

Holy crap gratz.

Cyran said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Impressive you manage to grab one before it sold out.  What time today did Newegg have them available?

At 4:58 PM PST. There's a trick to newegg that you can do to higher your chances. If you go on their mobile app, they have a wishlist function. You add all the cards that you want to their wishlist and it's very easy to refresh on the mobile app. As soon as one of the cards become available, there is a "Add All to Cart" button and then quick checkout via Paypal. And that's how I go this one loll.

The important thing are the bot discord servers, without them, you would have no idea when once of these cards would come into stock.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread