By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

A shame, and a mistake too. Knowing what had happened with Nvidia and the performance they're claiming, this was their best chance to strike a blow against Nvidia and took back some of their lost marketshare.

Oh, well, I'm sure some execs at Nvidia felt a lot better when they read that.

By the way... you scared me! At first I didn't realize that the article was talking about the availability of the cards and mistook it for its performance out of the box.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yea pretty much but it was bound to happen as it always does with every launch. People that legitly thought the stock issue was gonna be Nvidia exclusive were kidding themselves.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So for gamers this holiday season, they can expect no GPU's in stock, no PS5, perhaps a few Xbox. Merry Christmas! This is going to hurt me next year if things remain out of stock for long, I imagined prices being decent if there was actual competition on the market but if no one has goods to sell, prices will only remain high. At least memory and storage are likely to become cheaper by spring/summer.

NVIDIA official GeForce RTX 3060 Ti performance leaked - Faster than 2080 Super. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-official-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-performance-leaked

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The only ray of hope I see from AMD is that, unlike Nvidia, they don't try to sell their own cards and while they design coolers and such, it's hard to find stock cooler cards after launch.

So maybe, just maybe, they shifted more chips to AIBs that put them in their own aftermarket coolers that will arrive next week (25th if I'm not mistaken). I don't think this is the case, but it's the only hope I can see, other than the stock for Australia was smaller than usual to shift more cards to other markets.

Last edited by JEMC - on 16 November 2020

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

He, he. There's a store that's doing a pre-Black Friday sale, and they've put the Zotac RTX 390 Trinity for 1420 €... I don't know if it's a good price or not, but people are buying it.

Insane.

Your shares will go up more if they are out of stock

JEMC said:

He, he. There's a store that's doing a pre-Black Friday sale, and they've put the Zotac RTX 390 Trinity for 1420 €... I don't know if it's a good price or not, but people are buying it.

Insane.

It's "technically" a good deal for a 3090 but for a Zotac....... Wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Captain_Yuri said:

NVIDIA official GeForce RTX 3060 Ti performance leaked - Faster than 2080 Super. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-official-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-performance-leaked

Pretty good. Not bad at $399 either.

At this rate an RTX 3060 is going to equal 2070 Super xP

Last edited by hinch - on 16 November 2020