By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Alright bois! I am almost finished with my New PC upgrade. Here are the before and after specs:

CPU: Amd Phenom 2 1090T ------------- Ryzen 7 1700
Ram: 8Gb of DDR3 at 1333mhz -------- 16Gb of DDR4 at 3200mhz
GPU: Asus Strix 970 ----------------------- MSI Seahawk 1080 Liquid Cooled
Motherboard: Asrock Extreme 3 R2 -- Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Hard Drives: 3.5 TB WD/Seagate ---- - 500Gb Samsung 850 Evo + 4 TB Western Digital Black
PSU: 650 Watt Corsair TX Bronze ----- 750W Evga Supernova G3 Gold Fully Modular
Case: Antec 900 --------------------------- Coolermaster Master Case 5T
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 ---------------- Wraith Cooler (For now)

What do yall think? Yea I could have waited for Vega but they were having a zomg sale on the MSI Hybrid 1080 and really, I am just using it as a stepping stone for Volta.

Nice build! My PC is similarly specced.. bar the GPU.

You should give the CPU a mild overclock with the stock cooler. Bump that multiplier to 36-37 (in bios) and you should be running at 3.6-3.7Ghz with no issues depending on your temps. That should give you a nice bump in performance at no cost.. 

Thanks! I guess I will try since it does remain quite cool at 40C at 100% load on all 8 cores.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Now I'm going to try make Yuri sad,

#Snipz

Did I succeed?

T_T

It's gonna be even worse when I sell my old PC... I finally finished transferring all the data from my old hard drives to my new one so that was the last step :(

Time to say goodbye to my old friend which lasted me through the good times and bad, always being reliable! Sure it didn't have the best performance all the time but it certainly did it's best and I will always be greatful for it cause it was the first pc which I built myself. Hopefully it's next owner will take good care of it T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

Now I'm going to try make Yuri sad,

Did I succeed?

Yes, you did. And that's me how i borrowed a R9 Fury from my old PC to install my new Ryzen build.

I know the feeling. I used a lot of parts from my old PC for the one I currently have.

vivster said:

That's not sad at all. If anything the old PC should be slapped across the room for having outdated hardware. Piece of shit can't even go with the times.

Sir, you have no heart.

Captain_Yuri said:

T_T

It's gonna be even worse when I sell my old PC... I finally finished transferring all the data from my old hard drives to my new one so that was the last step :(

Time to say goodbye to my old friend which lasted me through the good times and bad, always being reliable! Sure it didn't have the best performance all the time but it certainly did it's best and I will always be greatful for it cause it was the first pc which I built myself. Hopefully it's next owner will take good care of it T_T

I couldn't sell my old hardware.

I still have my old mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU and GPU (despite the fact that I replaced it for its failing fan) just in case something happens and I need a back-up.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

In other News! Code Vein is coming to PC!

Why the fuck does ACO have to release this year? Only 10 days after Elex? That means I'm most likely not gonna be able to play it anytime soon.

The first AC since Rogue I'm excited about and it has such a shitty timing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Why the fuck does ACO have to release this year? Only 10 days after Elex? That means I'm most likely not gonna be able to play it anytime soon.

I've stopped being excited about AC after II (just didn't feel right for me after 1st), played a bit of Black Flag and didn't like it much, but given that this one is set in Egypt I might finally pick AC again.

HoloDust said:
vivster said:

I've stopped being excited about AC after II (just didn't feel right for me after 1st), played a bit of Black Flag and didn't like it much, but given that this one is set in Egypt I might finally pick AC again.

It's a nice setting that is not too much explored. AC3, 4, Unity and Syndicate were basically the same game. This is something fresh and it seems they changed the progression system again. The RPG elements in AC were rarely ever that rewarding. I'm gonna like this because it's in the desert, it's in Egypt and everyone is using freaking bows and arrows :)

Worst case scenario is that ACO will contest with FC5 because I had to push it back so far due to Elex.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Look at it from this way: Ubisoft is very aggressive with its price drops so you can get Elex and, once you no longer want to play it more, it's entirely possible that you could get the new AC at half its price.

About the game, it looks ok. There's no sign of the hidden blade in the trailer, so it's entirely possible that they're not using it, and looks to have a lot of action. I hope the game is more balanced and has a fair bit of stealth and exploration elements.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
vivster said:

Look at it from this way: Ubisoft is very aggressive with its price drops so you can get Elex and, once you no longer want to play it more, it's entirely possible that you could get the new AC at half its price.

About the game, it looks ok. There's no sign of the hidden blade in the trailer, so it's entirely possible that they're not using it, and looks to have a lot of action. I hope the game is more balanced and has a fair bit of stealth and exploration elements.

Yeah, tell the man who spends thousands on his gaming rig how exciting the prospect of saving 30 bucks will be.

From the trailer it will be as action and stealth heavy as always. I mean look at the enemies, they're completely blind and deaf, you'll be in stealth if you want to or not^^

As for exploration it's gonna be interesting to see. They were gonna go for a compass instead of mini map which might mean the map itself will be a bit less overwhelming with little collectible dots and will require a lot more exploring by yourself..

vivster said:
JEMC said:

Yeah, tell the man who spends thousands on his gaming rig how exciting the prospect of saving 30 bucks will be.

From the trailer it will be as action and stealth heavy as always. I mean look at the enemies, they're completely blind and deaf, you'll be in stealth if you want to or not^^

As for exploration it's gonna be interesting to see. They were gonna go for a compass instead of mini map which might mean the map itself will be a bit less overwhelming with little collectible dots and will require a lot more exploring by yourself..

But those 30 bucks you'll safe from the base game can be spend purchasing the mandatory DLCs the game will have. You'll spend the same money but you'll get more content. It's a perfect situation.