By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

vivster said:
Anyone else find it weird that the CPUs with less cores have lower clock as well? Shouldn't they have higher clocks like Intel does it?

I found it weird since the very first leak. How can a 95W 6-core CPU not run faster than a 95W 8-core CPU? And the same goes to the 4-core ones, that have the same 65W TDP as the R7 1700 with its 8 cores.

Hopefully they'll overclock very well and past 4GHz, but I wouldn't bet on it right now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:

The Ryzen 5 1500X is kinda weird, as far as i know it's meant to be efficient, but couldn't they clock 4.1 GHz based clock, 4.3 GHz boost clock and TDP 95W for performance?

Edit: Oh yeah, L3 cache is 16 MB. o:

They probably *could*
But yields are probably not where AMD wants it right now. Maybe.

JEMC said:

I found it weird since the very first leak. How can a 95W 6-core CPU not run faster than a 95W 8-core CPU? And the same goes to the 4-core ones, that have the same 65W TDP as the R7 1700 with its 8 cores.

Hopefully they'll overclock very well and past 4GHz, but I wouldn't bet on it right now.

They should be able to undervolt well though, with some luck. But Ryzen is not a good clocker. I've had Phenom 2's overclock higher than Ryzen.

I was personally expecting quads to be around the 35-45w TDP mark, with the Hex chips around 65w. They would have made amazing HTPC chips if they managed to hit those powerlevels.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

They should be able to undervolt well though, with some luck. But Ryzen is not a good clocker. I've had Phenom 2's overclock higher than Ryzen.

I was personally expecting quads to be around the 35-45w TDP mark, with the Hex chips around 65w. They would have made amazing HTPC chips if they managed to hit those powerlevels.

You can get the octo 1700, that has a 65W TDP.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Lul. That's what I call innovation.

https://videocardz.com/67444/colorful-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-igame-features-lcd-display

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:

Just re-affirms the point that the quads shouldnt be 65w. :P

Also sources I have seen have said the Ryzen 5 1600 is 65w. Not 95w. The 1600X with it's 400mhz~ extra clock is 95w.

vivster said:

Lul. That's what I call innovation.

https://videocardz.com/67444/colorful-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-igame-features-lcd-display

Wut.
I was going to say who would waste their cash on such a gimmick... But I forget the demographics this is targeting. Haha
Would have looked ace in a Quad-SLI rig.
Shame that the LCD panel is useless if you wish to throw the cards under water though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

2h until Nier :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

@colorful card: I find that useless and kind of stupid, tbh.

First of all, it will only work for those use a test bench or a windowed case... and we'll have to see if those with an inverted layout can use this or the LCD won't show an inverted image.

And what's the point? To see the freq it runs at and the load (or temp?)? If you care about that, there's software that are be able to you that, and maybe even with more precision.

If they want to attrack more customers, they should ditch all those useless gimmicks and lower the price. That will make them sell far more than any LCD display could.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

Just re-affirms the point that the quads shouldnt be 65w. :P

Also sources I have seen have said the Ryzen 5 1600 is 65w. Not 95w. The 1600X with it's 400mhz~ extra clock is 95w.

Good catch.

I've looked for it and both TechPowerUp and Anandtech list all the R5 processors at 65W, except the 1600X

That makes a bit more sense.

Were the reviews for new AMD chips good? Well these Ryzen 5's are more in price range of what i'd pay.

green_sky said:
Were the reviews for new AMD chips good? Well these Ryzen 5's are more in price range of what i'd pay.

They launch on April 11th, so we'll most probably get them that day.