By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

QUAKECore89 said:
*hovering mouse cursor then buys Shadow Warrior 2 anyway via GOG*

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
QUAKECore89 said:
*hovering mouse cursor then buys Shadow Warrior 2 anyway via GOG*

QUAKECore89 said:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Hey Yuri, I know you have that build you linked in Ruler's thread and how Basil made his Potato masher one, but I found one from Jackfrags that seems appealing for it's cost and performance:

In total it costs £869.99.

Thats pretty good pricing. Yea the config I did with rulers thread was just a quick setup. If I tried, I probably could have stripped more such as going with a non K cpu. Oh well!

I am surprised I was managed to even make a PC under a $1000 with an i7 + 1070 + Bluray drive tbh. US is soo lucky T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Thats pretty good pricing. Yea the config I did with rulers thread was just a quick setup. If I tried, I probably could have stripped more such as going with a non K cpu. Oh well!

I am surprised I was managed to even make a PC under a $1000 with an i7 + 1070 + Bluray drive tbh. US is soo lucky T_T

Yeah I never got why you had to add a BR player in there, I mean isn't streaming meant to be the future? (according to those that aren't for 4k physical media =P).

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah I never got why you had to add a BR player in there, I mean isn't streaming meant to be the future? (according to those that aren't for 4k physical media =P).

Its cause Ruler wanted a Bluray player. I was like fine fine. He said that 1TB hard drive + Bluray player would cost $200 more while it only costed $60 more and the hard drive was 7200RPM vs ps4 pro's 5400 and the Bluray player could play UHD Blurays while the ps4 pro can't lmao. It ended up costing the same cause I went for a cheaper hard drive than the one I initally chose and lowered the PSU from 650W to 550W.

It just goes to show he has no clue about PC gaming or the prices.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Its cause Ruler wanted a Bluray player. I was like fine fine. He said that 1TB hard drive + Bluray player would cost $200 more while it only costed $60 more and the hard drive was 7200RPM vs ps4 pro's 5400 and the Bluray player could play UHD Blurays while the ps4 pro can't lmao. It ended up costing the same cause I went for a cheaper hard drive than the one I initally chose and lowered the PSU from 650W to 550W.

Honestly though, we hardly even have a need for such a drive, especially with how we get more streaming services. I mean I still get BR discs for my BR player, but I've never felt a need to shell out for one to slap into my PC.

At the end of the day though, you were able to show that we've got different options of hardware to shoot for price/perf wise, with the pro you have that single samey drive with the same R/W speed, same goes for the other parts of it's kit. That JF vid I linked even comes up with a build that performs better than the Pro, and it costs about £150 less than mine (that mine used to cost back in 2015).

I still think it's stupid to compare a £400 box to a 1-2k machine though. The point of the thread on trying to say cheap/some good perf>expensive but superb performance just ended up going to shit. For me I'll always want to shoot for the higher end experience, the lower end is a non factor to me though, but that's just me (there are peeps out there who love their small form factors with mid range hw for example).

Captain_Yuri said:

You could have ended the sentence there and it would still be true .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So in other news, I gambled with black Friday and tell me if you guys think I made the right choice.

So I saw a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB for $150 CAD, normally $210. So I bought it asap, and then a deal came for the Crucial MX300 750GB for $140 CAD. So I thought about it and went with the 850 cause while I am getting 250GBs less, the performance is way better.

So what do u guys think?