By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Part two:

TYRANNY SHORT STORY SERIES SHEDS LIGHT ON OBSIDIAN'S DARK NEW WORLD

http://www.pcgamer.com/tyranny-short-story-series-sheds-light-on-obsidians-dark-new-world/

Obsidian's recently-announced RPG Tyranny takes place in the aftermath of the world-shaping events that often form the basis for such games. Because of that, as we wrote in our GDC preview, it sometimes “feels like a sequel to a game we haven't played or a story we've never read.” To address that unusual gap in the fiction, Obsidian and publisher Paradox Interactive are releasing a series of short stories based on the game world, the first of which is available now.

CAPCOM TEASES BIG THINGS FOR RESIDENT EVIL LATER THIS YEAR

http://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-teases-big-things-for-resident-evil-later-this-year/

The third-person shooter Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps was delayed last month, from its planned release date in May to June 21. The extra wait obviously wasn't happy news for Resident Evil fans, but this might be: Capcom said in its consolidated financial results for FY2016 that big things are in store for the series in the near future.

>>Place you bets: new game or Remake? Shooter or Classic R.E.?

DISHONORED 2 POWERS REVEALED, ARKANE PROMISES MORE FOCUS ON NON-LETHAL OPTIONS

http://www.pcgamer.com/dishonored-2-powers-revealed-arkane-promises-more-focus-on-non-lethal-options/

Dishonored 2 will feature two separate and distinct protagonists—Corvo Attano, the hero of the original, and Emily Kaldwin, the now-grown daughter of the slain Empress—each with his or her own unique set of special powers. And this time around, Lead Designer Dinga Bakaba told Game Informer, the studio has embraced non-lethal play options to a much greater extent than it did with the original.

"MASSIVE" GTA ONLINE UPDATES ARE ON THE WAY

http://www.pcgamer.com/massive-gta-online-updates-are-on-the-way/

Rockstar says it has plans for “massive, feature-rich updates” to GTA Online over the coming months, including a follow-up to Executives and Other Criminals that will have your organization branching out into the world of contraband trafficking. You'll have the opportunity to buy and sell everything from hot jewelry to medical supplies and drugs—and I'm not talking about the over-the-counter stuff here, kids, I mean drugs—all of it housed in large new properties that can also double as your outfit's headquarters.

DEAD ISLAND RETRO REVENGE EXPLAINED BY YELLING CARTOON MAN

http://www.pcgamer.com/dead-island-retro-revenge-explained-by-yelling-cartoon-man/

Dead Island Definitive Edition will release later this month, bundling the original game with Dead Island: Riptide and another, more pixellated outing that we haven't heard much about, until now. Turns out Dead Island Retro Revenge is a 16-bit styled side-scrolling brawler with lots of flashing colours starring a very angry man, who is eager to get revenge against zombies for some reason.

>>Here's a gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0570XajAQ

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I'm surprised the HDD space is 40GB - thought it would be more considering its two games.

I wonder if they will be one entry in the library or separated as two games.

I find it too much, even for two games. They are PS2 remasters, after all.

About being one or two games... how did S-E did it with the PS4 release?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DOOM apparently isn't giving reviewer copies until launch day, you know what that means:

I won't be nabbing it until near the end of the year (if it gets reduced by then), though it is sad that Bethesda have no confidence in their product that they played this move.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DOOM apparently isn't giving reviewer copies until launch day, you know what that means:

I won't be nabbing it until near the end of the year (if it gets reduced by then), though it is sad that Bethesda have no confidence in their product that they played this move.

Hmm.. I have DOOM for the PS4, & yes, i beat it the game.

Chazore said:

Nice gif.

And yes, it doesn't inspire confidence.

*Edit*

Nvidia may have made some calls, as the article has removed any mention of the leaked benchmarks and the video has been deleted.

By the way, some GTX 1080 benchmarks have been leaked (big Ooops!), and it's much faster than a 980Ti at 4K

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 4K Game Performance, GP104-400 Confirmed

http://videocardz.com/59788/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-4k-game-performance-gp104-400-confirmed

Video was posted by someone named Uing07, who apparently is an overclocker sponsored by EVGA (just guessing). His video compares GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 980 Ti running four games in 4K resolution. Unfortunately performance was measured in different scenes, so it is not the best material for comparison (as always). However it should give you some impression about GTX 1080 performance compared to last gen GPU.

The GTX 1080 is most likely overclocked, or it simply boosts to high frequencies, which were not disclosed by the leaker. GTX 980 Ti performance seems to correspond to 4K Ultra benchmarks performed by GamerNexus (Witcher 3/GTA5).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuS6LI9Hlk (deleted)

Around the Network
zero129 said:
JEMC said:

Hey zero, how you're "teach me play"(it was something like that, right?) channel going? Maybe Chazore could learn a couple of things .

I didnt really update any of my lets plays/help me plays in awhile. Mostly been using my channel to show of Cemu and Citra (And other emulators as time goes on). So my channel is kinda switching to emulation.

However i was thinking of doing a Lets play of Stallaris once i get it.

But im not really sure my help me play would of been much use in this case anyways, since it was based around people helping me play CoD lol xD.

But maybe Chaz could try something like it for BF4?.

I see. At least now you know what to do with your channel . You could link some of those videos here every now and then.

And Basil, the same offer goes to you!

Well as long as that 1080 manages to give me quality on a new 1440p monitor then I'm sold.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Well as long as that 1080 manages to give me quality on a new 1440p monitor then I'm sold.

With the 1080 being almost 50% faster than the 980Ti, it gives me hope that the 1070 could be close, or even a bit faster, than the 980Ti.

JEMC said:
Chazore said:

With the 1080 being almost 50% faster than the 980Ti, it gives me hope that the 1070 could be close, or even a bit faster, than the 980Ti.

I'd hope it would be, I mean it is a new line of cards.

Hey JEMC, just remind you something.

I think 1080/1070 card is great, Nvidia improved 3x energy efficiency & 3x peformance better than heavy TDP Titan X/980Ti, sooooooo....yeah, it's great for enclosure GPU or monster mini-itx PC rig look like console on native 4K UHDTV.