By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Graphics Cards Review Roundup

https://videocardz.com/171879/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4070-ti-super-graphics-cards-review-roundup

That MSI Ventus model seems to be underperforming to the extent where it's actually slower than the normal 4070 Ti in some games. Every other model seems to be more in line with the expected performance.

Intel Barlow Bridge Thunderbolt 5 controller for Arrow Lake-S CPUs detailed, enabling PCIe Gen4x4 for external GPUs

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-barlow-bridge-thunderbolt-5-controller-for-arrow-lake-s-cpus-detailed-enabling-pcie-gen4x4-for-external-gpus

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 GPU Supply To Normalize By Next Month But Strong Focus On SUPER Variants

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4070-gpu-supply-to-normalize-by-next-month-but-strong-focus-on-super-variants/

AMD Ryzen 7 8700G 8-Core & Ryzen 5 8600G 6-Core Desktop APU Benchmarks Leak, Up To 64% Faster Than Ryzen 5000G

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-8700g-8-core-ryzen-5-8600g-6-core-desktop-apu-benchmarks-leak-64-percent-faster/

AMD Strix Point Halo “GFX1151” & Strix Point “GFX1150” APUs Spotted In ROCm, RDNA 3.5 iGPU Confirmed

https://wccftech.com/amd-strix-point-halo-gfx1151-strix-point-gfx1150-apus-rocm-rdna-3-5-igpu-confirmed/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

The 4070Ti Super clearly shows that the 4080 12GB 4070Ti was starved in both memory capacity and bandwidth. In the end, the card is a bit pointless. The improvement over the 4070Ti only shows up at 4K, but at that point the cards are close enough that the Super doesn't provide better gameplay or the use higher settings, making it a "meh" refresh.

It's good that Nvidia give better performance at the same MSRP, but the card is still too expensive and the cards from its partners are even more overpriced.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Avowed going after Skyrim success I see. Really is just a console game like Skyrim, oh well. I will probably just skip it, Skyrim was a stripped back console game and it sucked.

JEMC said:

First Tomb Raider RTX Remix Path Tracing Mod Released
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/first-tomb-raider-rtx-remix-path-tracing-mod/
Tomb Raider fans, here is something for you today. Modder ‘Dominus Aureate’ has just released a vertical slice demo of his RTX Remix Path Tracing Mod for the first Tomb Raider game.
Open Lara: Reimagined Realms aims to bring you back to the classic world of the original Tomb Raider. This mod takes full advantage of Nvidia’s advanced RTX Remix tech. As such, it promises to overhaul the game’s graphics with full Ray Tracing/Path Tracing effects.
For those wondering, this is a completely different project from the one we shared earlier this month. In other words, there are two RTX Remix Mods in the works for Tomb Raider.
The Vertical Slice Demo of Open Lara: Reimagined Realms will give you a glimpse at what the modder aims to achieve. Dominus Aureate has been working on this for over 6 months. So no, this mod is not based on the Open Beta build of NVIDIA’s RTX Remix. Also, since this is a demo, it may have various bugs and glitches. From what I’ve seen, the first two levels appear to be fine. Or at least that’s the levels that the modder has showcased.
Anyway, you can go ahead and download this RTX Remix Path Tracing Mod from this link. To run it, you’ll need a copy of the original game. Both the Steam and GOG versions are compatible with it.
>> The article has two videos.

Awesome mod! I'm in Level 2 now... and of course I drowned the first time swimming.

You can't play Tomb Raider without drowning. It's the law.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Palworld has a Pokémon mod that lets you send beloved mascot Pikachu to the mines, and it's already in trouble
https://www.pcgamer.com/palworld-already-has-a-pokemon-mod-that-lets-you-send-beloved-mascot-pikachu-to-the-mines/
Update, January 23: This story was posted January 22. In it, I theorise about whether Nintendo will take legal action against this Palworld mod—as it has with similar projects in the past. It's been less than 24 hours, and surely enough there's been a copyright claim, according to Toasted Shoes' Twitter:
The extent of the legal action involved is unclear—but at the time of writing, the promised video has not yet been uploaded to YouTube. Original story follows.
>> Nintendo has been faster than I thought it would be but, given the success of the game, it shouldn't be a surprise.

What did they expect? Maybe they wanted the publicity.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 23 January 2024

Random_Matt said:

Avowed going after Skyrim success I see. Really is just a console game like Skyrim, oh well. I will probably just skip it, Skyrim was a stripped back console game and it sucked.

After the first trailer, 3 years ago, I was fairly excited about Avowed - it reminded me somewhat of A/AA RPGs from the past, made for RPG fans of that particular subgenre (open world/solo character/action combat).

Recent videos I've seen point to a more mass market direction of the game. But that just might be the way they're marketing it. At least, I really hope it is.

Honestly, I'm just waiting to see what will come out of The Wayward Realms (and hoping for the best, given the ambitious nature of it), since that should be "proper" RPG from that subgenre, made by the folks who created TES:Daggerfall, and in the meantime hoping that there will be some other titles worth playing (Avowed potentially being one of them).

HoloDust said:
Random_Matt said:

After the first trailer, 3 years ago, I was fairly excited about Avowed - it reminded me somewhat of A/AA RPGs from the past, made for RPG fans of that particular subgenre (open world/solo character/action combat).

Recent videos I've seen point to a more mass market direction of the game. But that just might be the way they're marketing it. At least, I really hope it is.

Honestly, I'm just waiting to see what will come out of The Wayward Realms (and hoping for the best, given the ambitious nature of it), since that should be "proper" RPG from that subgenre, made by the folks who created TES:Daggerfall, and in the meantime hoping that there will be some other titles worth playing (Avowed potentially being one of them).

That game looks interesting.