By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Guru3D 2023 Christmas Day 1 Competition: Win a Palit RTX 4060 Ti StormX 8GB
https://www.guru3d.com/story/guru3d-2023-christmas-day-1-competition-win-a-palit-geforce-rtx-4060/

The contest is GLOBAL and will end on December, 30th.

I know that the 4060Ti has been a very disappointing card, sometimes being beaten by its predecessor but, if it's free, it can still be a good upgrade to some of us.

Good luck!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Merry Christmas to all!

Since I'm the one in charge of all the cooking (and most cleaning) I won't be able to play until night, if I'm in the mood. My brother will probably play some Age of Empires II in my PC after lunch, like he usually does.

By the way, I second Mr. Clean's message, don't drink or eat in front of your PC. It's messy and can cause unwanted troubles.

I don't eat meals at my PC, but snacks occasionally.

Coffee constantly.

White keyboard does get grime quickly, but I clean it frequently.

Merry Christmas, may all your games be good ones.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

mjk45 said:

How far through are you?

Sequence 9 - 33 hours in.

There are 12 sequences from what I looked up.

So close to the end lol.

JEMC said:

Merry Christmas to all!

Since I'm the one in charge of all the cooking (and most cleaning) I won't be able to play until night, if I'm in the mood. My brother will probably play some Age of Empires II in my PC after lunch, like he usually does.

By the way, I second Mr. Clean's message, don't drink or eat in front of your PC. It's messy and can cause unwanted troubles.

Merry Christmas.

And yes, I dont eat or drink around computers anymore - I use to years ago but not anymore.

Merry Christmas guys!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Here's today's free game at the Epic Store:The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-outer-worlds-spacers-choice-edition

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Bit of a late one but Merry Christmas! Happy gaming and good tidings.

BasilZero said:

Tell me why...when I was playing AC4 Black Flag today, I was trying to board a Man O War ship and all of a sudden the game glitches and places me like 900m from my ship and the enemy ship while it was storming.

Took me literally 5-10 minutes just to get back to my ship swimming the whole way to try to board it again while reading the text at the bottom "You are TOO FAR from your ship" - thanks.

mjk45 said:

It's Christmas day here in Australia so have a happy Christmas day with plenty of gaming.

Now for mjk45's Christmas Message*: Remember Christmas food and drink belongs in your tummy not on your keyboard.

* (message sponsored by Mr Clean.)

A new sponsored message  since our last sponsor ran away upon his unexpected arrival we would like to introduce our new sponsor Mr Messy whose message is :   to all of those messy gamers out there and yes that means all you  VGchartz slobs Merry Christmess.

Christmas question will you have time to play on Christmas day either solo or with the family and if so what game I will be playing Ascent.

Merry Christmas.

I'm going to be doing a combination of spending time with my family and playing games.

Gonna try to finish ACIV Black Flag.

We all know the truth there was no glitch you fell overboard 😊

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

The Callisto Protocol is a heavy game on max settings (hard to lock to 120 fps at 1440p!) but it looks good.

(Just checking Rivatuner there, not a particularly good shot)

So far the game seems... OK? Linear-ish but OK. Definitely not a 69 on Meta. Recently played U2 which was a 96 Meta and man, that was rougher than this, IMO. Sure, 13 years apart and different standards, but still.

Well, I'd imagine that it's hard to make a game like The Callisto Protocol with an open world setting. Too many variables that go against making a suspense heavy game where you don't know what will happen in the next corner.

Your experience with U2 reminds me of mine with the first Uncharted. Mind you, I played it very late, when the third game was already out, and after playing the Tomb Raider reboot, but I was very disappointed by it. Not because of its graphics, they were still good, but because of the gameplay. The camera left a lot to be desired, I died several times during the few platforming sections because of it, and placing the button to shoot on R1 instead of R2 felt very odd (and the inability to remap the controls didn't help either). I found the game to be overrated or, at the very least, that the score was inflated more because of the studio's reputation rather than the qualities of the game. A bit like GTA IV.