By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

How far we have come

Meanwhile we're left wondering when R* is actually going to do a decent job on their remasters.

Any day now...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

How far we have come

Meanwhile we're left wondering when R* is actually going to do a decent job on their remasters.

Any day now...

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an RTX Remix version of GTA SA before R* actually gives us a proper remaster lul

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an RTX Remix version of GTA SA before R* actually gives us a proper remaster lul

And they'll still find a way to fuck that up somehow lol, like have the shadows bleed through buildings, or have NPC's look completely transparent/reflective. 

if R* really wants to take on making a new sequel (let's face it, they are a RDR/GTA studio and have been for years now, they ain't making a brand new game in a genre they've not touched before), and also remastering an old game, they are going to need to really get their shit in gear for who does what (Grove street games can go out to the trash though).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

And they'll still find a way to fuck that up somehow lol, like have the shadows bleed through buildings, or have NPC's look completely transparent/reflective. 

if R* really wants to take on making a new sequel (let's face it, they are a RDR/GTA studio and have been for years now, they ain't making a brand new game in a genre they've not touched before), and also remastering an old game, they are going to need to really get their shit in gear for who does what (Grove street games can go out to the trash though).

Modern gaming is so annoying in that sense. PS3 days we have 2 GTA games + DLC, 1 Read Dead Redemption game and also games like Midnight club, Now it's like hurr durr, one "big" title per generation. Two if we are really lucky. And each generation is like 8 years. Least I am glad I grew up in the era when gaming was at it's golden age before the big cuckism of 8th gen. These days, not only are gaming taking forever to come out but a lot of them just don't feel quite as fun. That may be nostalgia talking but man, I basically lost all hype for 99% of the games coming out.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Per the internet wisdom:

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Modern gaming is so annoying in that sense. PS3 days we have 2 GTA games + DLC, 1 Read Dead Redemption game and also games like Midnight club, Now it's like hurr durr, one "big" title per generation. Two if we are really lucky. And each generation is like 8 years. Least I am glad I grew up in the era when gaming was at it's golden age before the big cuckism of 8th gen. These days, not only are gaming taking forever to come out but a lot of them just don't feel quite as fun. That may be nostalgia talking but man, I basically lost all hype for 99% of the games coming out.

After GTA VI, you and some of us in here will be fucking lucky if we live to see the next RDR, or hell, a brand new game that's not 3rd eprson and isn't about cowboys or robbing banks with miniguns. 

Aye, we grew up during the days when we'd see sequels or new games for days, but with the current era it's a routine of:

Will X game print us money?

No: cancel it

Yes: make it barebones and fill with MT's

Will X game be king of a trending genre?

No: cancel/throw it out the door anyway

Yes: shove as many MT's and season passes in as you can

That's basically how I see modern gaming these days, outside of the few that are made brand new, trying new things, not wanting to be king of a trend, or making the most money. I know we've seen tropes like that in the past, but current era feels like that's all it is, tossed in with the typical "game dev is expensive" (Followed by dumping truckloads of cash into marketing/psychological suggestion studies).

This year so far all I've been playing is Core Keeper, Cult of the Lamb, and PZ, and like, one of those is old as hell (2013 old). Core keeper is still in ea, but came out last yr like Cult did, but it feels like the spiritual successor to Terraria, and I'm all for that. Meanwhile I've got games like AC 6 on my wishlist because it's too high priced for my tastes and I know what to expect from From Soft.

I'm mostly playing older games within my library, because those to me are still fun, compared to the ones these days where it's play once and never pick up again, or play halfway through, drop it and never pick it up again, and I know what the main issue is, it's a mix of bad gameplay pacing, season passes, BP's, or in cases like what Epic is doing, fucking over my games so I can't play them offline, which then gets me to straight up uninstall them, so there's that I have to consider with even my old games now. 

Normally ppl will say "sounds like you're burnt out", and I'm like "nah, I know what I like in gaming, and I get very little of it, which is why I'm left playing games from the past, instead of the present, where I am not be catered/welcomed". 

I remember the days I was in highschool. I didn't have much money since my parents wanted me to be frugal. So I didn't really buy pc components, consoles or games at launch apart from a very few selection. I was always like "When I grow up, I am gonna have money and buy all that stuff at launch so I can enjoy them day 1!"

Well now I am grown up. I have money. I bought a 4090 PC, PS5 and Series X at launch. I sold my series X basically within the first year cause I was bored of it but I wasn't the target audience anyway. My PS5 barely got used outside of like Final Fantasy. And my PC, well it gets used everyday but the games are just meh. Once in a while I play great games like Guardians of the Galaxy or Cyberpunk that really ends up being a great experience. But most of the time, it's "Lets play this esports title with my friends like overwatch 2" cause there's basically nothing else to play that interests me.

There are games that I am looking forward to but man, they take forever to come out. And when they do, most of the time they launch with problems and need to wait 2-3 months before they get their shit fixed and that's not exclusive to PC either as console versions have their own sets of issues... Like FFXVI launching with forced motion blur + 720p + FSR 1.0. Then you have to increased prices for games too and it's like, oh cool, games are more expensive than ever, they take forever to come out and yet they launch at a broken or unoptimized state. Like wtf.

Get fucked lul

Good riddance. He won't be missed.

Next stop, Epic Games

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Guys help me which laptop to get.  Narrowed it down to these two somewhat similar ones. 

1) ASUS ZenBook 14X OLED Laptop, 14” 2.8K 16:10 Display, Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

https://shop.asus.com/ca-en/90nb0wm5-m00al0-zenbook-14x-oled-ux5401-12th-gen-intel.html

Better processor, DDR5 ram, Faster ssd. But worse battery life and thermals.

2) ASUS ZenBook 14 OLED Laptop 14” 2.8K OLED Display, AMD Ryzen 7 7730U CPU, Radeon Graphics, 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/laptops/for-home/zenbook/zenbook-14-oled-um3402/

DDD4, PCIe 3 SSD, allegedly better battery. 

Would be non gaming laptop. Work, media consumption and very light gaming. Coz both such for gaming. 

Thanks.

Was considering Macbook air too as it has great battery but i would have to learn everything and such bad ports and connectivity. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 09 October 2023