By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I think I'll sell my PS5 at this point. With the insane amount of games coming out on PC, I simply don't have time to play them all. And it's not like Playstation Exclusives games are on the top of my list other than maybe God of War and Final Fantasy which are far and few between.

Yeah I don't blame you. I bought a PS5 in the early part of 2022, my first PS console since the PS1, with the thought that the Marvel games wouldn't be ported due to licensing agreements.....then both Spider-Man games get announced to be heading to PC 1 month later I figured all the major PS exclusives would get ported to PC at some point then, and I don't mind gaming hardware consolidation lol. So it'll just be a PC/Nintendo system combo for me going forward. 

Still surprising older PS exclusives like TLOU Part II, Demon's Souls, and Ghost of Tsushima haven't been ported as of yet. But Sony did port 3 games last year between October and November, so there may be a game or two to be ported before the end of the year. 

Around the Network

RIP every other game on Steam for the foreseeable future

Really glad that FFVII Ever Crisis is coming on Steam. I don't want to play on mobile...

Finally. Lets go!

Well, now that Jim Ryan will stepping down from SIE, suddenly PlayStation's presence on PC going forward is a complete toss up.

I personally think they're at the point of no return having purchased the likes of Nixxes to do a 180 and stop porting to PC, but, with new leadership, literally anything can happen.

Around the Network

My opinion on Starfield so far. I am loving the game other users are loving the game, the Reviews are lower than i expected.
But its expected since they went exclusive they where going to get some kind of backlash on that.
However i feel looking at CP2077 and NMS they are going to patch this game to shit, and they are going to patch it some more and beyond.
Before they launch their first expansion for this game they are going to make sure imo by the time it launches and gets reviewed it becomes a 90+ game in all Reviewers eyes.
I already know its their most polished game to date but they can do more.
They no longer have to worry about running out of money, imo starting with this game i think they no longer want to be the studio who launch their games broken and let the fan fix them.
Some users want this game to be something its not. and i see users saying add landing on planets etc like No Mans Sky and stuff other Space Sims do.
And all i have to say is its not a "Space Sim" Its an "RPG with a space setting".
People didnt compare Mass Effect to other space sims at the time, and say how come mass effect cant allow you to travel where you want in the galaxy etc...
Why do they expect that now from an RPG not a Space sim??. This is an RPG with a Space setting and "IMO" one of the best RPG's with a space setting if not the best ever. And how much this game can grow and is going to grow just makes me excited everytime i think about it .

gtotheunit91 said:

Well, now that Jim Ryan will stepping down from SIE, suddenly PlayStation's presence on PC going forward is a complete toss up.

I personally think they're at the point of no return having purchased the likes of Nixxes to do a 180 and stop porting to PC, but, with new leadership, literally anything can happen.

I dont think they are going to step back that would be a big mistake. Not being funny but imo the future is PC hardware if you want to play locally installed games or streaming. consoles are going to die out but PC's imo can never as something has to run them servers etc.

gtotheunit91 said:

Well the person who's supposed to be replacing Ryan is Japanese, and well, I'd say it's 50/50, but I dunno since I know nothing of the upcoming guy. I would think that Sony have locked themselves into PC port commitment at this stage. It wouldn't make sense to port UC4, TLOU 1, and the other games, and then flat out stop porting to PC for many more years (it'd only make the re-commitment act that much harder and longer to nail down if they pulled the rug). 

Also like you said, they bought Nixxes, and it'd be such a colossal waste to not use them for their intended job (PC porting).

I do hope their new leader doesn't just fuck up all that PC commitment that they had building up the past 3-4yrs, because man that'd go down in history in a bad way (Would also make it harder to sell me jack shit from them in the future if they pull the rug from under me soon).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Honestly haven't fired up and played a game on Switch, Series X or Playstation 5 in months... Just haven't had the time, especially as we enter a potentially fucked summer due to El-Nino and the Indian Ocean dipole hot/dry influences.

I always jump on my PC first thing in the morning to catch up on "news"... So I usually fire up a game on there while I am at it. Just convenient.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

gtotheunit91 said:

I think the PC situation will stay so long as they get good ROI; though latest titles have flopped somewhat on Steam. They do still have Bungie and Nixxies for Marathon plus Destiny and ports of whichever PS titles. And I can't see there be much changes there.

Just hope the next guy isn't so much of a bean counter and someone who's passionate about bringing unique titles out there. We kind of lost that this generation. Its just been a boring, safe and predictable PS. With a load of remakes, sequels for big name and budget titles adn not much in between.

Tbh I'm kinda burned out on consoles this gen. Nothing really unique about them, with ports of games coming from Xbox and PS there's been less reasons to own one. And the games themselves fairly predictable and just mostly.. eh. Whoever they pick for the next CEO.. man fingers crossed they will bring the excitement back in SiE. And put Naughty Dog back on track on worthwhile project ffs and stop wasting time on nonsense.

Last edited by hinch - on 27 September 2023