By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Well, I guess we can mark our calendars! I still hop on CS from time to time, so it'll be fun to see all the improvements made. Probably going to be a record setting launch lol.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 20 September 2023

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

While I agree with what you are saying, we all know developers won't take the time to properly optimize their games. Most of them will like just test it on few high end systems and call it a day. I myself always prefer native over upscaling even if I like DLSS but with gen on gen improvements slowing down and gpu prices going up, the situation will be that if you want to keep your gpu for a long time, you basically need upscaling.

I've been curious when it comes to upscaling tech these days. It seems like the absolute beefiest of rigs running a 4090 and top end CPU can barely run modern games at even 60fps at max graphical settings. Is this optimization related or are modern AAA games just that demanding that AI upscaling is essentially a requirement now?

Well it depends on the game. For majority of the new releases, 4090 will still give 70-90fps at 4k native. Some new titles like Lies of P that came out recently, 4090 is like 150fps at 4k Native. But there are certainly some games that are next gen that are really hammering modern GPUs down. Imo it's both optimization related and AAA games being demanding.

If we take say an unreal engine 5 game like Immortals of Aveum. That game runs around 720p on PS5/Series X render resolution while on a 4090 at 4k Native, it runs at around 40fps while at 1440p Native, 80fps. So on a game like that where it's universally bad regardless of consoles or PC, it's very demanding. But the problem is that the game itself doesn't really look remarkable either, just looks like any other modern game. So I think it's a mix of both.

The problem is that with an engine like Unreal Engine 5, the engine itself scales abnormally as you up the render resolution compared to previous generation engines and this is intended due to the interviews from Epic developers. It is so that the game doesn't exhibit any pop-ins, geometry looks high quality at all resolutions and a few other reasons. But the problem is that by doing this, it puts a huge strain on GPUs but that is why Epic themselves says "Unreal Engine 5 is made with upscaling in mind" because their intention with the engine was never to use it at Native resolution to being with.

So it is becoming a "requirement" as we head further into the future. Even the next gen xbox slides shows that companies like MS will be investing heavily into upscaling solutions.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:

Looks like Cyperpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is doing well in reviews - 90 so far in OpenCritic

Wait i thought CDPRed was dead after CP2077? i mean i thought that was the thing for all devs now?, you dont launch to high scores and user reviews your finished!!... Are you really telling me a dev can bounce back from a bad launch as long as they support the game?.

gtotheunit91 said:

While I agree with what you are saying, we all know developers won't take the time to properly optimize their games. Most of them will like just test it on few high end systems and call it a day. I myself always prefer native over upscaling even if I like DLSS but with gen on gen improvements slowing down and gpu prices going up, the situation will be that if you want to keep your gpu for a long time, you basically need upscaling.

I've been curious when it comes to upscaling tech these days. It seems like the absolute beefiest of rigs running a 4090 and top end CPU can barely run modern games at even 60fps at max graphical settings. Is this optimization related or are modern AAA games just that demanding that AI upscaling is essentially a requirement now?

Its all shit to push High end GPU's and AI upscaling. Bunch of bollox. At the end of the day the is no game out right now that doesnt look like it could run on last gen hardware with lower res and textures etc. Upscaling and this whole shit is bullshit marketing. Dont get me wrong i like DLSS. But it shouldnt be needed for high end cards that shit was made for cards like my 3060ti to run high end games. Not to help a 4090 run the game in 4k and in a few more years at 1440..

hinch said:

Looks like Cyperpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is doing well in reviews - 90 so far in OpenCritic

Yea I looked at the reviews and hit that pre-order button. Shame this will be the last content DLC for Cyberpunk. The game had quite the redemption arc where it launched at a pretty bad state in every platform to one of the must play games. It's unfortunate that they are getting rid of the Red engine in favor of Unreal Engine 5 cause everything I have seen from UE5 thus far just makes me want to cringe.

Nice. Skimmed a few of them and sounds like if you liked or loved the origional, you're going to like this one too.

Recalling back.. I was one of those people who played the game near launch and enjoyed it a lot (my personal GOTY in 2020) so preordered a while back. But its nice to see it getting good reception. And for sure, a great comeback for the series. Lots of updates later, a Netflix series, small DLC and now a big expansion which looks amazing. Plus excited to see all the stuff being added in 2.0 which should bring some of the features; that tbf really should've been in the game in the first place and more. Also a bit sad that this will be the last expansion as there's a lot they could do with the series but I guess they are moving over to Witcher 4 and UE5. Which means we probably won't be seeing much from the franchise for a while after this launches.

Also idd, more game developers putting their eggs in the basket for one engine isn't great. Hopefully it doesn't end up like being during the seventh gen era of  consoles where everyone and their gran was using UE3, to now UE5. Where a lot of games felt very samey from not only a visual standpoint, but also on a techical level too. Not to mention how awful the engine runs on most hardware.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Wait i thought CDPRed was dead after CP2077? i mean i thought that was the thing for all devs now?, you dont launch to high scores and user reviews your finished!!... Are you really telling me a dev can bounce back from a bad launch as long as they support the game?.

What is your problem? Don't quote me if you have nothing to say.

gtotheunit91 said:

Well, I guess we can mark our calendars! I still hop on CS from time to time, so it'll be fun to see all the improvements made. Probably going to be a record setting launch lol.

Imo this could be one of the biggest launches in PC history. The numbers are going to be huge!!.

hinch said:
zero129 said:

What is your problem? Don't quote me if you have nothing to say.

I did have something to say you can read it in my original reply to you so what is your problem by saying i have nothing to say?.

Is it that you dont want to admit how games can be fixed??. get better? what??.

Dat X3D efficiency

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

The news!

GAMING NEWS

Assassin’s Creed Mirage gets PC requirements & PC features trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-mirage-gets-pc-requirements-pc-features-trailer/
Ubisoft has revealed the official PC system requirements for Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and shared a PC features trailer for it. And, from the looks of it, this new Assassin’s Creed game will only support Intel’s XeSS, and not AMD FSR 2.0 or NVIDIA DLSS 2.
>> I find it amusing that it lists the Intel, Nvidia and AMD recommended GPUs for each target until it reaches the 4K Ultra preset, where there's no Intel card X-D.

Hopefully this doesn't become it's own trend after all the drama with Starfield. Not that I'll ever buy another ubisoft game until they get rid of Uplay.

It's already too late. I've seen this happening across youtube vids with Mirage PC mentions and even on reddit: "is this gonna be like with Starfield and FSR again?"...

All it took was for one big game not to get DLSS to spawn this mindset. I told you dawg, I fuckin told you mindshare was hella powerful. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"