By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Europe putting the hammer down. This means all those companies have 6 months to compy with EUs changes which includes things such as sideloading apps, allowing alternative app stores, allowing the chances of default web browsers, etc. This might finally allow me to switch from Android to iOS. While I like certain things about the iphone such as long battery life, performance and their app integration, I absolutely dislike the fact that I can't have any firefox extensions such as ublock, or have emulators or sideload open source apps like Tachiyomi. Hopefully this brings much needed changes.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I absolutely dislike the fact that I can't have any firefox extensions such as ublock

Yeah, well, that's probably not going to change any time soon. As far as I know, all browsers on iOS must use WebKit, so they're all more or less Safari. I'm not sure how much Firefox on iOS builds on top of that, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Other than that, I like what I'm hearing about the decision though.

Well, well, well.

MSoft already made Edge optional, without trying to sneak it for some Window tasks (as far as I know), but I'm sure it still has more to do. We'll see what the other companies do and how they try do comply without really doing it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Zkuq said:

I absolutely dislike the fact that I can't have any firefox extensions such as ublock

Yeah, well, that's probably not going to change any time soon. As far as I know, all browsers on iOS must use WebKit, so they're all more or less Safari. I'm not sure how much Firefox on iOS builds on top of that, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Other than that, I like what I'm hearing about the decision though.

Well being allowed to sideload apps and allowing alternative app stores should circumvent that restriction since iphones can run non Webkit apps just fine. There are a ton of ways to jailbreak your iphone and run emulation and such already but that would void apples warranty and along with other issues.

JEMC said:

Well, well, well.

MSoft already made Edge optional, without trying to sneak it for some Window tasks (as far as I know), but I'm sure it still has more to do. We'll see what the other companies do and how they try do comply without really doing it.

I think it may be to do with the fact that while you can change your default browser on Windows, it doesn't change it for all services. Like my default browser is firefox but if I say do a search in windows and click on a web result, it will open up Edge. Not that I do it much but once in a while it happens.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

Well, well, well.

I think it may be to do with the fact that while you can change your default browser on Windows, it doesn't change it for all services. Like my default browser is firefox but if I say do a search in windows and click on a web result, it will open up Edge. Not that I do it much but once in a while it happens.

It's probably that. To be honest, I didn't pay too atention to that piece of news when I read it, so I can't confirm or deny it. In any case, I'm sure there are other things MSoft has to do change, just like the others.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I do hope the new switch contains 512GB ssd. Feels like anything less would be lame

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 10 September 2023

If I had to make a range of storage possibilities for the Switch 2, it would go from 64GB up to 512GB, with both extrems being unlikely.

But well, whatever it is, we know it will be soldered and not upgradeable, with SDs as the only other option for extra storage.

Zkuq said:

Well being allowed to sideload apps and allowing alternative app stores should circumvent that restriction since iphones can run non Webkit apps just fine. There are a ton of ways to jailbreak your iphone and run emulation and such already but that would void apples warranty and along with other issues.

Sure, but I'm also sure Mozilla wants to keep offering Firefox via App Store. Either way, it takes time for things to change.

can someone here keep me informed when then warhammer 40k battleship upper buildlimits are active in starfield? i'll give it a go at that point in time.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

No, no and no.

This has nothing to do with Arkane. our original talk was about how this game will run great on a 4090. Our original talk is how i was saying this game is pretty well optimized. Your whole arkane argument came into it after that. Why is it only now your singling out them beth issuues that have been issues from the start?.

Like i said the game runs great for me on low end hardware now, my 3060ti is old shit now and it runs great even on my shitty old cpu thats only a 3600xt.

Everything else you say with this game i noticed came after your down votes for saying "How it does nothing new" or something like that. Heck after it you made a post in here about how your done with the articles or something like that cos of the down votes.

Chaz the game is doing something new for a lot of people, a New IP is taking a risk now matter how you look at it. so dont hold them down votes as a problem, people are going to disagree with that comment.

The game runs great for me like i said, i been waiting for this game for years..

Its the first new proper single player IP from one of my fav devs since skyrim.

Anyone who is a beth fan and not excited for this game or dont think its one of their best i dont honestly know what to say.

Zero, your first quote to me was my post about Arkane and the video I posted.

My other post was about Todd running his mouth off about "upgrade your PC's", which also had nothing to do with the article on the site itself.

Others in this thread have been pointing out to you that the game is not "very well optimised", that is wishful thinking, and the "works fine for me" doesn't fly, because not everyone holds your level of standards, I know I don't. 

See you're just mentioning the article to make this an emotionally charged debate, when it really isn't.

I made that post about the article comments, because the two people I talked to were just not getting the point and then I realised there was just no point in talking to them ever again (because believe it or not, there are people that just don't like other people and will shoot down anything thrown at them regardless).

It's not really doing anything brand new, never seen/done before. That is your bias and "wonderment"  taking control over being able to stand back and looking at the game for what it is. 

Zero, I'm a fucking Beth fan. I've been playing their games since god damn Daggerfall. Thing is, people change over time, people's standards also happen to change over time. What you are happy with and comfortable with is not the same to me, and that is what you do not seem to understand.

I want better from Bethesda, not the same, not "good enough".

Now I will ask you this one time, and last. Don't bring up the article ever again, because that's a bad faith argument and one that is emotionally driven. Do not use the "only true fans" argument either, because that's just insulting.

My reply to you was to your post about "My other post was about Todd running his mouth off about "upgrade your PC's" like i said Jizz was clearly exaggerating about needing to upgrade beyond a 4090 but you took it  and ran with it. Heck by your reply you didnt even read the article you where commenting on only jizz post.

Also Chaz, go look at your only buddy here that agreed with you and you agreed with about me.. he is banned. He was a clear troll. So how many other people in this thread disagreed with me exactly?. Yeah i guess most people here are waiting to play the game themselves.

And clearly not everyone holds my level of standards. And sorry im going to be harsh here. But you have been so bitter against PC gaming for ages now, its no ones fault if you still not been able to upgrade your pc, you dont need to keep trying to ruin things for the rest of us by being so bitter.

Its like you always have something bad to say about DLSS or Ray tacing etc etc.

Also in that article i disagreed with you as i believe Beth was taking a risk with this game, being a new ip that alone is risk. Never mind the rest of the stuff this game is doing. Like i said i think this game is the most RPG game they have done since Daggerfall or Morrowind.

You have no reason to be shitting on the game like you are even more so when you have not even played it.

Also im done after this, dont care what you reply back, im loving the game, its nothing to do with MS, i have loved Beth games for years and this game is no different. They have bettered themselves, the game looks and plays better than any game they released before, and they have returned to their proper RPG roots. Its their most polished game to date and their biggest. I honestly dont understand your point about how you can be a beth fan and think this game should be what exactly?, how much more could they better themselves?.. Anyway im done.

Last edited by zero129 - on 10 September 2023