By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

zero129 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I did hence why I am whining about the performance. I didn't use the mod because based on what I read from people that have been using it, it is prone to crashes and it did corrupt their save file which is something I don't want to happen with me. I don't use DLSS all the time but if the game is demanding enough, I do turn it on. It is good to hear that you are having a good experience with the mod though so maybe I'll give it a go.

You should give it a go. And how your not getting over 60FPS@4k is beyond me since im having no problem getting 50fps @1440P on a 3060ti.

For me the game is running great so far and im happy, i have been waiting a long time for this game and the is no way am i going to let MS owning them get in the way of that, I have played all beth games at the start from morrowind. This for me is their most polished game to date without mods. The amount of choices is like Morrowind in space never mind oblivion. Yes it has bugs but nothing near what Beth games has have before. And yes mods are going to fix things players would like but isnt that how its always been with beth games and why us pc gamers love them?, since their engine is so open to modding?.

For you i fully understand your opinion on this. But when it comes to Adonis just look at his comments in the starfield articles, and Chazor shouldnt be holding a grudge from a few down votes and trying to make it look like anyone who enjoys the game is an Ms fan or something.

It's not so much that I am not getting it, it's more so that I am not getting it in the main cities. When I am out in space or in random planets, it runs well over 100fps but as soon as it gets to say New Atlantis, the drop is very noticeable and that's one of the main hub areas. I did say it in one of the past posts but I do prefer Starfields "optimization" over say Jedi and such with their stutter fests because while Starfield might not have DLSS and I am seeing drops at 4k, it's not enough to be a deal breaker unlike those other games. My rant was more so the issues with AMDs/Bethesdas handling of their sponsorship which likely lead to DLSS being missing and Nvidia GPUs under performing comparatively to their Radeon counterparts.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
zero129 said:

Well its Optimized well enough for my 3060ti to be running it at 1440P @50FPS with the DLLS mod set at 80%, and i only have a 3600XT cpu . So yeah compared to some of the games i have played lately and for a beth game i think its running great and is clearly going to improve.

Considering it's 'only' 1440p and you have to use DLSS to get 50 FPS, I'm not sure that counts at well optimized. It's not terrible, but it seems like it should perhaps run better.

Indeed, but compared to some of the games we been getting lately i think for a first go this is pretty good. I imagine it will be more optimized over time but for me thats 50 FPs in the citys like new Atlantis. Heck with the way people was talking i thought i was going to be lucky to get that at 1080P. Like i said i been using the DLLS mod from the start so that could be whats helping a lot.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
zero129 said:

You should give it a go. And how your not getting over 60FPS@4k is beyond me since im having no problem getting 50fps @1440P on a 3060ti.

For me the game is running great so far and im happy, i have been waiting a long time for this game and the is no way am i going to let MS owning them get in the way of that, I have played all beth games at the start from morrowind. This for me is their most polished game to date without mods. The amount of choices is like Morrowind in space never mind oblivion. Yes it has bugs but nothing near what Beth games has have before. And yes mods are going to fix things players would like but isnt that how its always been with beth games and why us pc gamers love them?, since their engine is so open to modding?.

For you i fully understand your opinion on this. But when it comes to Adonis just look at his comments in the starfield articles, and Chazor shouldnt be holding a grudge from a few down votes and trying to make it look like anyone who enjoys the game is an Ms fan or something.

It's not so much that I am not getting it, it's more so that I am not getting it in the main cities. When I am out in space or in random planets, it runs well over 100fps but as soon as it gets to say New Atlantis, the drop is very noticeable and that's one of the main hub areas. I did say it in one of the past posts but I do prefer Starfields "optimization" over say Jedi and such with their stutter fests because while Starfield might not have DLSS and I am seeing drops at 4k, it's not enough to be a deal breaker unlike those other games. My rant was more so the issues with AMDs/Bethesdas handling of their sponsorship which likely lead to DLSS being missing and Nvidia GPUs under performing comparatively to their Radeon counterparts.

Yeah thats why i said i fully understand your points. your not just saying something for the sake of saying it. your points are all valid, but people like Adonis are just shitting on the game for the sake of it. I know Chaz is not like this but he upset me by replying to my comment with pretty much "Dont do this Zero dont become an Ms fan", like wtf?, can i not enjoy a game that i been waiting years for?. but please try the DLSS mod i promise you wont be disappointed. I hear people are getting better fps with the dlls mod even with res set at 100%.

zero129 said:
Zkuq said:

Considering it's 'only' 1440p and you have to use DLSS to get 50 FPS, I'm not sure that counts at well optimized. It's not terrible, but it seems like it should perhaps run better.

Indeed, but compared to some of the games we been getting lately i think for a first go this is pretty good. I imagine it will be more optimized over time but for me thats 50 FPs in the citys like new Atlantis. Heck with the way people was talking i thought i was going to be lucky to get that at 1080P. Like i said i been using the DLLS mod from the start so that could be whats helping a lot.

I haven't played a lot of 'modern' games so I don't really have much experience, but this really doesn't seem like the worst offender. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I had a lower-end GPU though.

zero129 said:

WTF are you on about? dont be getting sad over a few down votes. i enjoy the game its nothing to do with MS, the game is good very good so whats your problem?. your shitting on the game and you have not even played it. I done nothing to Yuri, he passed a comment joking i pointed out how his 4090 would run the game great, he never replyed back as he knows it would run it great.

You however are shitting on this game for the simple fact you got a few down votes and now Ms own them.

This has zero to do with that article...

I gave up on commenting in articles because it's an easy grounds for back and forth with downvote silencing (which I believe disrupts the flow of conversation), but besides that point, this has nothing to do with that.

This was to do with Arkane losing it's staff, because you said:

"Did Ms do that to them?. I mean Redfall was in development before Ms even owned them."

And I explained what happened.

So i understand Beth, but what has MS done so far that no other company is doing thats driving away devs?, how are they forcing live service or cash shops down people's faces when pretty much all their biggest games in development atm is single player games?. Is the a reason for why you are singling out Ms instead of say Sony or Nintendo or someone else?.

I even explained the rest in my other response as well (I even gave you two channels I watch where those two aren't singling out MS, and even the channel I originally linked about Arkane, which also wasn't singling out MS).

I don't know where you're getting this idea that I'm singling out MS or something, because when I say "I wish publishers" or "publishers like X company", I'm talking about the vast majority of them.

Yuri knows what it runs like, and it's not all smooth sailing, especially by their rant from before. I'm still seeing people on Reddit with varying degrees of hardware that are still having issues, some even resorting to modding the game to reach the performance the game should have been at from day 1.

I honestly don't know why you're acting like this... it's a game, not a person, but you're willing to have a go at a person who only wants things to improve, vs a game that isn't alive, doesn't have a soul and can only improve if those in charge cared enough to improve it.

Like I get it, you like it, that's really great and all, but just because you like it doesn't mean it's all rainbows and sunshine, perfect and thus cannot be criticised.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
zero129 said:

WTF are you on about? dont be getting sad over a few down votes. i enjoy the game its nothing to do with MS, the game is good very good so whats your problem?. your shitting on the game and you have not even played it. I done nothing to Yuri, he passed a comment joking i pointed out how his 4090 would run the game great, he never replyed back as he knows it would run it great.

You however are shitting on this game for the simple fact you got a few down votes and now Ms own them.

This has zero to do with that article...

I gave up on commenting in articles because it's an easy grounds for back and forth with downvote silencing (which I believe disrupts the flow of conversation), but besides that point, this has nothing to do with that.

This was to do with Arkane losing it's staff, because you said:

"Did Ms do that to them?. I mean Redfall was in development before Ms even owned them."

And I explained what happened.

So i understand Beth, but what has MS done so far that no other company is doing thats driving away devs?, how are they forcing live service or cash shops down people's faces when pretty much all their biggest games in development atm is single player games?. Is the a reason for why you are singling out Ms instead of say Sony or Nintendo or someone else?.

I even explained the rest in my other response as well (I even gave you two channels I watch where those two aren't singling out MS, and even the channel I originally linked about Arkane, which also wasn't singling out MS).

I don't know where you're getting this idea that I'm singling out MS or something, because when I say "I wish publishers" or "publishers like X company", I'm talking about the vast majority of them.

Yuri knows what it runs like, and it's not all smooth sailing, especially by their rant from before. I'm still seeing people on Reddit with varying degrees of hardware that are still having issues, some even resorting to modding the game to reach the performance the game should have been at from day 1.

I honestly don't know why you're acting like this... it's a game, not a person, but you're willing to have a go at a person who only wants things to improve, vs a game that isn't alive, doesn't have a soul and can only improve if those in charge cared enough to improve it.

Like I get it, you like it, that's really great and all, but just because you like it doesn't mean it's all rainbows and sunshine, perfect and thus cannot be criticised.

No, no and no.

This has nothing to do with Arkane. our original talk was about how this game will run great on a 4090. Our original talk is how i was saying this game is pretty well optimized. Your whole arkane argument came into it after that. Why is it only now your singling out them beth issuues that have been issues from the start?.

Like i said the game runs great for me on low end hardware now, my 3060ti is old shit now and it runs great even on my shitty old cpu thats only a 3600xt.

Everything else you say with this game i noticed came after your down votes for saying "How it does nothing new" or something like that. Heck after it you made a post in here about how your done with the articles or something like that cos of the down votes.

Chaz the game is doing something new for a lot of people, a New IP is taking a risk now matter how you look at it. so dont hold them down votes as a problem, people are going to disagree with that comment.

The game runs great for me like i said, i been waiting for this game for years..

Its the first new proper single player IP from one of my fav devs since skyrim.

Anyone who is a beth fan and not excited for this game or dont think its one of their best i dont honestly know what to say.

Last edited by zero129 - on 09 September 2023

I know people talk about BG3, but fuck me i would love to see another company try build Starfield. The detail that has gone into this game is huge. So so many small details in everything its amazing .

Honestly near the start its pretty overwhelming the amount of places to go and see, and here i was thinking other then a few planets everything else was going to be empty O_O ..

This is really going to be a game thats going to be having people finding things years and years later. Just look at skyrim now imagine that 100Xor 1000x. im still not too far in but this game is HUGE!! <-- But in a good way for anyone that loves morrowind or imo even Daggerfall. i know i played that later but choices everywhere feeling overwhelming something games doesnt do much today and it feels good knowing your making the choices.

Last edited by zero129 - on 09 September 2023

zero129 said:

No, no and no.

This has nothing to do with Arkane. our original talk was about how this game will run great on a 4090. Our original talk is how i was saying this game is pretty well optimized. Your whole arkane argument came into it after that. Why is it only now your singling out them beth issuues that have been issues from the start?.

Like i said the game runs great for me on low end hardware now, my 3060ti is old shit now and it runs great even on my shitty old cpu thats only a 3600xt.

Everything else you say with this game i noticed came after your down votes for saying "How it does nothing new" or something like that. Heck after it you made a post in here about how your done with the articles or something like that cos of the down votes.

Chaz the game is doing something new for a lot of people, a New IP is taking a risk now matter how you look at it. so dont hold them down votes as a problem, people are going to disagree with that comment.

The game runs great for me like i said, i been waiting for this game for years..

Its the first new proper single player IP from one of my fav devs since skyrim.

Anyone who is a beth fan and not excited for this game or dont think its one of their best i dont honestly know what to say.

Zero, your first quote to me was my post about Arkane and the video I posted.

My other post was about Todd running his mouth off about "upgrade your PC's", which also had nothing to do with the article on the site itself.

Others in this thread have been pointing out to you that the game is not "very well optimised", that is wishful thinking, and the "works fine for me" doesn't fly, because not everyone holds your level of standards, I know I don't. 

See you're just mentioning the article to make this an emotionally charged debate, when it really isn't.

I made that post about the article comments, because the two people I talked to were just not getting the point and then I realised there was just no point in talking to them ever again (because believe it or not, there are people that just don't like other people and will shoot down anything thrown at them regardless).

It's not really doing anything brand new, never seen/done before. That is your bias and "wonderment"  taking control over being able to stand back and looking at the game for what it is. 

Zero, I'm a fucking Beth fan. I've been playing their games since god damn Daggerfall. Thing is, people change over time, people's standards also happen to change over time. What you are happy with and comfortable with is not the same to me, and that is what you do not seem to understand.

I want better from Bethesda, not the same, not "good enough".

Now I will ask you this one time, and last. Don't bring up the article ever again, because that's a bad faith argument and one that is emotionally driven. Do not use the "only true fans" argument either, because that's just insulting.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zero129 said:
-Adonis- said:

Nah please don't do this. Some people are really blinded when it's comes to the rich corporation they love. No way I will buy a Bugthesda's game again.

-----------------------

Gears 5 deserves to have a way better metacritic than "this". But it still could happen since Starfield's meta is going down.

Best 9,99€ I have ever spent :

You are showing bugs, the same can be done for any game. How does that have anything to do with how well it runs on a 4090?.

Like i said the game is very well optimized, i have played the game but yeah its clear your only shitting on the game since "MS" .

I put the game up to 1440P and at @80 DLSS res i still get 50 fps on a 3060ti with pretty much everything maxed out.

Edit: i seen your replys now in the articles making it even more clear why you are shitting on this game.

Also when did Gears becoming a massive open world game??.

Nah the problem is simple, I'm not a brand fanboy. Or even AMD or Nvidia's one. You on the other hand lick Microsoft's boots no matter what they do, that's a real problem. So you'll never admit that this game is finished in piss. The other problem is that this site is also run by a fanboy. So I think it's pointless wasting my time with corporate slaves any longer.

By the way I can't reply to the game article because you and your buddy are snitches who'll go crying to the mod. Poor baby...

"But but but he said the game is unfinished !!"

You are such a joke seriously. lol