By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

First RX 7800XT reviews are out, just minimally faster than the 6800XT, though slightly faster in RT. It's enough to match and even slightly beat the 4070 in raster, too, but of course gets trounced by the latter in RT.

Around the Network

AMD Radeon RX 7800XT & RX 7700XT Graphics Cards Review Roundup

https://videocardz.com/162361/amd-radeon-rx-7800xt-rx-7700xt-graphics-cards-review-roundup

I will post techpowerups 7700XT review as that has both 7700XT and 7800XT numbers

'

'

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-7700-xt-tuf/32.html

While gen on gen uplift is very minor, they are certainly competitive against Nvidia's offerings where 7800XT is $100 cheaper and slightly faster than a 4070 and 7700XT is $50 cheaper than 4060 Ti 16GB while being faster. AIBs are discounting 4060 Tis to match 7700XT but 4060 Ti 16GB needs to be less than $400 imo and 4070 needs to be $500 or less.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD HYPR-RX & Radeon Anti-Lag+ Technologies Are Now Available For All RDNA 3 GPUs In Latest Drivers

https://wccftech.com/amd-hypr-rx-radeon-anti-lag-technologies-now-available-all-rdna-3-gpus-latest-drivers/

• AMD Radeon Anti-Lag+ - Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing per-game profiling to intelligently pace frames further reducing input lag on RDNA 3-based Radeon GPUs.
  • AMD Radeon Anti-Lag+ - Initially supporting 12 games, new game support for AMD Radeon Anti-Lag+ will be released through AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition updates in the coming months.

Anti-Lag+ really does sound like a Reflex alternative which is great. Too bad it's exclusive to RDNA 3 while Reflex works all the way back to Maxwell. The comparisons should be interesting but better late than never.

Intel Core Ultra “Meteor Lake” lineup leaks out, Core Ultra 9 185H with 16 cores and 5.1GHz clock

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-ultra-meteor-lake-lineup-leaks-out-core-ultra-9-185h-with-16-cores-and-5-1ghz-clock

The naming scheme gets worse lol.

MSI fixes “Unsupported_Processor” BSOD issue on Intel 600/700 motherboards

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-fixes-unsupported_processor-bsod-issue-on-intel-600-700-motherboards

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Intel Core Ultra “Meteor Lake” lineup leaks out, Core Ultra 9 185H with 16 cores and 5.1GHz clock

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-ultra-meteor-lake-lineup-leaks-out-core-ultra-9-185h-with-16-cores-and-5-1ghz-clock

The naming scheme gets worse lol.

AMD: We make a confusing 7000 naming scheme

Intel: Hold my fab

So, performance wise, the 7800XT is around the same level as the 6800XT and usually beats the 4070... in raster. With raytracing, the Nvidia card trumphs it as expected.

When it comes to the price, it's a better proposition than the 4070 unless you're heavily invested in RT and the extra features of the Nvidia cards. Comnpared to the 6800XT, it's a matter of which one you can find cheaper and go for it.

It's a shame AMD hasn't called (and priced) it as 7800, because that would have made it a much better card.

One thing's for sure, tho, this card destroys the 4060Ti 16GB, and the 7700XT obliterates it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

GPU stagnation in effect. But at least its priced like the previous 6800 and performs like a 6800XT and a little faster in some games. Not really all that impressive gen on gen but its the best GPU so far (not that thats saying much) in the higher end at launch, thats not flagship. And essentially replaces the 6800XT. Arguably for the money if RT isn't of an large importance this is the once to get at around $500. Though imho really is a skip generation if you already have a last generation card.

Also someone tested out Hyper-RX with CP2077. Some impressive gains. Not sure on the latency side...

Last edited by hinch - on 06 September 2023

JEMC said:

So, performance wise, the 7800XT is around the same level as the 6800XT and usually beats the 4070... in raster. With raytracing, the Nvidia card trumphs it as expected.

When it comes to the price, it's a better proposition than the 4070 unless you're heavily invested in RT and the extra features of the Nvidia cards. Comnpared to the 6800XT, it's a matter of which one you can find cheaper and go for it.

It's a shame AMD hasn't called (and priced) it as 7800, because that would have made it a much better card.

One thing's for sure, tho, this card destroys the 4060Ti 16GB, and the 7700XT obliterates it.

Doubly so as AMD themselves considers the card actually as a successor to the 6800 and not the 6800XT

hinch said:

GPU stagnation in effect. But at least its priced like the previous 6800 and performs like a 6800XT and a little faster in some games. Not really all that impressive gen on gen but its the best GPU so far (not that thats saying much) in the higher end at launch, thats not flagship. And essentially replaces the 6800XT. Arguably for the money if RT isn't of an large importance this is the once to get at around $500. Though imho really is a skip generation if you already have a last generation card.

Also someone tested out Hyper-RX with CP2077 and Forza. Some impressive gains. Not sure on the latency side...

Hypr-RX basically just enables Anti-LAG + Radeon Boost and RSR/FSR so it makes sense why it's getting higher fps since it's rendering the game at a lower resolution via RSR (yikes) if FSR isn't implemented in the game and enabling Radeon Boost which uses VRS (also yikes). Personally I'd go into Hypr-RX toggle and disable both RSR and Boost to make sure the image doesn't look horrid. Not sure why Hypr-RX is exclusive to RDNA 3 though but I suppose both Nvidia and Radeon are now selling exclusive software features to try and get people to upgrade over gen on gen uplifts outside of the high end.

Almost feels like GPU DRM lol. Gotta sell them new shiny GPU's somehow. But yeah turning off RSR would be a wise choice if FSR isn't implemented. Didn't realise that it also uses VRS, ew. I guess its fine if you tune it though as its bit less hassle messing with in option game menus.

Yea Hyper-RX is basically just a one click button to enable a setting preset/ a name for all of AMD's GPU tech and right next to it you have a Quality preset that disables everything except Anti-Lag and Anti-Lag+ if you want everything in full quality and native.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 06 September 2023