By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Sapphire so far the only company to launch AMD reference Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU

https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-so-far-the-only-company-to-launch-amd-reference-radeon-rx-7800-xt-gpu

Not that it's a bad thing since Radeons reference design has been quite bad this generation.

MSI Z790 MAX motherboards come with 10% price hike, Z790 GODLIKE MAX to retail at $1,299

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-z790-max-motherboards-come-with-10-price-hike-z790-godlike-max-to-retail-at-1299

Feels like spending so much on a EoL platform is a waste

Well, the cooler of the 7900 cards wasn't great but, other than the ones with the broken vapor chambers, it was "just fine". The reference cooler for the 7600 was also enough, so maybe this one will also be just ok.
If it makes the card cheaper, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's able to keep the card cool and it's not too loud.

That MSI motherboard is stupidly expensive, even more so one that's nothing more than an updated design.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

By the way, the handheld PC war will get hotter soon, literally:

The Ayaneo Kun has a mode that delivers near twice the power of the ROG Ally handheld gaming PC
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-ayaneo-kun-has-a-mode-that-delivers-near-twice-the-power-of-the-rog-ally-handheld-gaming-pc/
When the Ayaneo Kun was first revealed, it was the trackpads that initially drew me to it, but just ahead of the Indiegogo campaign launch tomorrow, September 5, it's the extreme gaming mode that's catching my eye.

The 54W mode is way beyond what we've seen from any gaming handheld before, launching the AMD Ryzen 7 7840U chip into uncharted territory. Especially given that AMD itself is only reporting a configurable TDP of up to 30W itself. That 30W limit is the furthest we've seen the Ryzen silicon pushed in a system like the ROG Ally, Lenovo Legion Go, or OneXFly, and should make it the most powerful handheld gaming PC around.

It's not just a mode you can only pick while docked and plugged into the mains, either. Ayaneo has told me that "yes, 54W is a lot, and can even be used unplugged, but it is more suitable for plugged use."

It has even provided an expected uptime for the 54W mode when you're running it on the battery and is predicting around 49 mins of game time. That's not a long time, admittedly, but still shows what that 75Wh battery can do. Yeah, 75Wh—it's a battery that wouldn't look out of place in a gaming laptop, and takes up almost 30% of the entire volume of the Kun device.

I can't imagine how hot will that thing get, or how hard it will be to hold it in your hands if you try that in handheld mode.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pemalite said:

Getting 40fps with FSR2 + Ultra settings, 100% scaling, 1440P with Starfield. Variable Refresh Rate makes it silky smooth.

Not bad for a piece of crap Radeon RX 6600XT with an overclock.

Guess the CPU and Ram is doing the heavy lifting on my rig.

Are you actually gaining anything using FSR2 at 100% scaling? Accord to the HUB video they lost 6% performance and recommended to turn it off or use CAS if at 100% scaling.

The one thing I'm impressed with is how good this runs on my Linux build it runs with no issues at all straight ootb with performance about 10% lower than on Windows but it's using 20% less power on my Linux build so maybe I could get the performance back with some tweaks.

JEMC said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Sapphire so far the only company to launch AMD reference Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU

https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-so-far-the-only-company-to-launch-amd-reference-radeon-rx-7800-xt-gpu

Not that it's a bad thing since Radeons reference design has been quite bad this generation.

MSI Z790 MAX motherboards come with 10% price hike, Z790 GODLIKE MAX to retail at $1,299

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-z790-max-motherboards-come-with-10-price-hike-z790-godlike-max-to-retail-at-1299

Feels like spending so much on a EoL platform is a waste

Well, the cooler of the 7900 cards wasn't great but, other than the ones with the broken vapor chambers, it was "just fine". The reference cooler for the 7600 was also enough, so maybe this one will also be just ok.
If it makes the card cheaper, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's able to keep the card cool and it's not too loud.

That MSI motherboard is stupidly expensive, even more so one that's nothing more than an updated design.

Yea but it rarely does make it cheaper is the issue. The reference designs are usually limited and aren't always the cheapest and worst of all is they hand out the reference coolers as giveaways and such. So does Nvidia but Nvidia's Founders Edition coolers perform just as well as top end AIB coolers so when you win one of those, you would actually want to keep it. If I gotten a 7900xtx starfield edition free for example, I'd rather sell it and buy a cooler that won't make my ears hurt.

It's kind of a shame because RDNA 2 reference coolers were pretty good and easily up there with Nvidias founders editions.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:
Pemalite said:

Getting 40fps with FSR2 + Ultra settings, 100% scaling, 1440P with Starfield. Variable Refresh Rate makes it silky smooth.

Not bad for a piece of crap Radeon RX 6600XT with an overclock.

Guess the CPU and Ram is doing the heavy lifting on my rig.

Nice. Pretty good fps for your set up. I'd also try high settings if you want to squeeze a bit more performance and more consistancy in more demanding areas of the game. You get practically the same image quality as Ultra.

Consistency is fine, I don't notice frame drops due to the display matching my framerate.

Rest of my rig is a Ryzen 5950X and 128GB DDR4 3600, only the GPU is average as I don't game like I used to.

WoodenPints said:

Are you actually gaining anything using FSR2 at 100% scaling? Accord to the HUB video they lost 6% performance and recommended to turn it off or use CAS if at 100% scaling.

The one thing I'm impressed with is how good this runs on my Linux build it runs with no issues at all straight ootb with performance about 10% lower than on Windows but it's using 20% less power on my Linux build so maybe I could get the performance back with some tweaks.

Definitely a 5~ fps performance gain with FSR2, nothing I would notice in gameplay due to the solid motion blur.

Did consider using FSR to take me from 1440P to 4k and then super sample it down, but haven't had time to play with things yet.

Either way, impressed with how light the game is on my hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I SWEAR if Kait isn't anymore the main character again for Gears 6, I WILL... be sad.

----------------------

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 04 September 2023

Today is one of those days where I really wish this site had a block button, and a proper one that actually does the job.

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 September 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

-Adonis- said:

I SWEAR if Kait isn't anymore the main character again for Gears 6, I WILL... be sad.

----------------------

I want to know which of the male characters is

Spoiler!
Canon - alive, I really hope Marcus' son is alive

Chazore said:

Today is one of those days where I really wish this site had a block button, and a proper one that actually does the job.

Are you talking about in Articles or in the forum?

BasilZero said:

Are you talking about in Articles or in the forum?

Just in general. I've grown tired of running into the same people who don't want to move, no matter how hard I try to reason with them. That and I'm also tired of how the downvote system is abused into censoring one's say. 

I'd rather just block and move on, and never have to deal with X/Y person again.

I don't mind you guys in here because I still talk to you, but outside of this thread, I just realise it's pointless and tiring. People these days are far, far too vested in a company or a game so much that they warp their personality/life around it and will bat for it at any given chance, even though said game/company aren't human and do not really require defence of a random individual on the internet. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"