By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

And here I thought it was gonna be a slow boring Monday.

Could you give us some summary of it? I'm not really keen to watch an over 40 minutes "rant" video, if that's part of what this is.

The general theme is

1) That LTT is willing to sacrifice accuracy in order to make a schedule and showed multiple example where video have what should of been easily catchable mistakes make it into video even when they know before hand.  Proof of final claim is they will make notes in the video that the data wrong when such major mistakes really should be reshot before release.

2) Concerns that some of LTT business connections Framework, Noctua, new CEO use to have a important position at CORSAIR can lead to the perceptions of bias when LTT seem to go easy on some of those companies.

3) Then a segment on one troubling incident with a water cooler from BulletLabs which they reviews not following Bullet Labs instructions for installation and installing it on a GPU bulletLabs said it was not intended for.  Linus response paraphrase was

"well even if it we tested it on the right product and it had amazing temperature the conclusion would still be it a bad product so no point on us spending money to test it correctly."

Even worse after telling BulletLabs they would return the prototype as BulletLabs is a small company and don't have money to make multiple prototype Linus instead auction it off at a charity event at LTX. 

Since the release of the video Linus did respond to this accusation and basically admitted it was true that they auction off the porotype but blame it on miss communication and that he will be writing a check to BulletLabs to compensate for lost of the prototype (Linus claim that he had already agree to compensate BulletLabs before Game Nexus video came out but no way to verify that). 

Last edited by Cyran - on 14 August 2023

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Could you give us some summary of it? I'm not really keen to watch an over 40 minutes "rant" video, if that's part of what this is.

From Gaf but I'd seriously watch it. There's some "holy fuck, that is fucked up" moments:

• LTT Insults Gamer Nexus and Hardware Unboxed over their testing methodologies.
  • Hardware Unboxed hits back. Gamer Nexus takes the high road.
  • LTT doubles down forcing Gamer Jesus to go full biblical on their ass.
  • Exposes shady practices like Linus reviewing merchandise he himself has invested $200k in.
  • Exposes shockingly inaccurate data in CPU, GPU and CPU Cooler benchmarks that are off by up to 300%.
  • Exposes Linux for saying that he purposefully puts out videos with incorrect data because fixing it would cost another $500.
  • LTT employees themselves say that they are burnt out on making 25 videos a week.
  • LTT is now run by a seasoned industry CEO. Worth $100 million and has 120 employees.
  • LTT reviews a prototype GPU cooler for 3090 using a 4090 then botches the install and proceeds to trash the cooler despite inaccurate testing methodology.
  • The developer of the prototype cooler points out that this was poorly tested and that they were never contacted with the bizarre findings by LTT.
  • LTT then auctions off the prototype despite the developer requesting it back months ago. This was the only working prototype which means the work has now stalled.
  • LTT's most recent review of a mouse was somehow even worse with them trashing a mouse they werent even given for review. All because they forgot to remove a plastic tape at the bottom of the mouse causing it to lag.
  • LTT has a habit of issuing half hearted corrections instead of taking down videos and then not pinning the comments so people watch videos that have clear errors.
  • Gamer Jesus sides with the developers of the mouse and GPU cooler for being wronged by LTT and points out that small developers' entire life work is ruined because Linux didnt want to spend an extra $400 to fix a video.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

^Reading stuff like that makes me really want to be able to block certain YouTube channels. It's not the first time I've this wish, but here we are again. If only YouTube wasn't such a terrible piece of software.

YouTube drama is always a shit-slinging contest of "no, u."

In the end, it boils down to someone's word against someone else's word.

I already dropped off Linus's content some years ago, but man, after seeing that vid....Linus needs to stop digging his heels in like that, especially in the face of two other respected venues like GN and HU.

Like I get it, it's his own company, but c'mon man, allowing those pot-shots to go through like that was incredibly bad, and then letting your staff make some of the boldest claims that got debunked by GN in the span of a single vid is also a big nono.

I hate seeing youtubers get this big and let fame/fortune go to their heads, that they feel like they are the best and can't possibly fuck up, then refuse to own up to it until multiple folks on the net from the same venues as him, have to call him out on his goofs. 

Edit actually, you know what?, after reading your summary, I feel like GN should just full on scorched earth Linus, because I feel like he's due being knocked down a few pegs, if not the whole server tower.

Last edited by Chazore - on 14 August 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Well, it also links to an Intel patent about the subject.

Another thing is if something like this will happen sooner rather than later.

Intel and AMD patent everything, doesn't mean it's a workable product.
Many tech companies actually offer their employees a reward if they can get something patented, even if it's not going to be used.

As for thread "partitioning" with the rentable scheme., if it was possible and that easy, it would have been done decades ago... There are many reasons why that is not the case and why it hasn't been done.

Plus, it doesn't exclude the need for Hyper-Threading to keep the entire pipeline busy working.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

haxxiy said:

YouTube drama is always a shit-slinging contest of "no, u."

In the end, it boils down to someone's word against someone else's word.

But in this case, Linus boasted about "getting the facts straight and ppl acknowledging them", and yet GN pointed out how wrong he was with his own findings which turned out to be true, thus fact.

So really it's Linus bullshit and borked data vs GN's actual data and sources, along with a dev who got fucked over, because Linus was too lazy to shell out another 400.

Linus needs to just take the L and course correct before shit gets worse (believe me, it will with this kind of information, and a dev who's been fucked over, it will spread over time). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I already dropped off Linus's content some years ago, but man, after seeing that vid....Linus needs to stop digging his heels in like that, especially in the face of two other respected venues like GN and HU.

Like I get it, it's his own company, but c'mon man, allowing those pot-shots to go through like that was incredibly bad, and then letting your staff make some of the boldest claims that got debunked by GN in the span of a single vid is also a big nono.

I hate seeing youtubers get this big and let fame/fortune go to their heads, that they feel like they are the best and can't possibly fuck up, then refuse to own up to it until multiple folks on the net from the same venues as him, have to call him out on his goofs. 

Edit actually, you know what?, after reading your summary, I feel like GN should just full on scorched earth Linus, because I feel like he's due being knocked down a few pegs, if not the whole server tower.

Yea it is nuts how crazy it is. Even the summary doesn't do it justice because the actual video is insane. Like GN usually rambles on and stuff but this time, it was on point. Like I know it's 44 minutes but it really feels like 10 minutes because Steves reporting on this has been nuts. Linus is acting real scummy and doing real harm to startups.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Never considered Linus anything but a shill, so not surprised one bit.

Cyran said:
JEMC said:

The general theme is

*snip*

&

JEMC said:

From Gaf but I'd seriously watch it. There's some "holy fuck, that is fucked up" moments:

*snip*

Thank you both for your comments.

I agree with some of the points raised, the way they handled that prototype cooler was shameful, but other complains feel a bit like... nitpicking.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.