By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

HUB made a pretty comprehensive list. 2/3 of Nvidia sponsored titles get FSR support while only 1/4 AMD sponsored titles get DLSS, most of which are Sony titles who likely have a lot more leeway. AMD also continues to dodge the question and in this case, they said they simply have no response. What's interesting is the large gap in the amount of sponsored titles Nvidia has vs AMD. In their list, Nvidia has sponsored 33 games while AMD has 20 games. The list only includes post FSR 1 and not games before like FFXV. So Nvidia certainly sponsors a lot more titles and if it comes down to a bribing war where Nvidia starts including a clause that blocks FSR, Radeon users will stand to lose a lot more because they can't use DLSS while Nvidia users can use FSR.

Finally a way for Mac users to play windows games. The is a tool called Whisky that interfaces with Mac Porting Toolkit and effectively allows Mac users to play any 64 bit Windows games. The performance however is not very good. M1 Max performs around somewhere between 1060 and 2060 class. That laptop costs around $3000+ USD. So a 4060 or 7600 should roflstomp it. Still pretty good first step and should be great for many smaller titles like Age of Empires.

AMD Ryzen 5 7500F to launch this week, the first AM5 CPU without integrated RDNA2 graphics

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-5-7500f-to-launch-this-week-the-first-am5-cpu-without-integrated-rdna2-graphics

European retailers slash prices of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060, now 6% cheaper in less than a week

https://videocardz.com/newz/european-retailers-slash-prices-of-nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-now-6-cheaper-in-less-than-a-week

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
green_sky said:

The Sims 5 will be 'free-to-enter' according to EA job posting
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-sims-5-will-be-free-to-enter-according-to-ea-job-posting/
If you'd put money on The Sims 5 being free-to-play at launch, you can cash out your winnings now and go put them in a secure location so you can buy all the inevitable DLC in its wake. According to an EA job posting spotted by Sims Community, the next Sims will be a "free-to-enter game."

Free to enter hahahahah. What the.

This isn't going to work the way they think it will lol.

The base game is mostly cheap, has been for most Sims games, but it's the fact that they spam extra content and charge peice by peice, that is the franchise's main issue.

Making the base game F2P just means they are going to charge even more for cut content and "packs", which means you'll now be spending even more than what you will on Sims 4. 

I swear this is going to end up like Sim City, but worse.

I wish someone would do a City Skylines and come out with their own Sims game and just do better, forcing EA to knock off the £1000+ price tag to Sims games. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

European retailers slash prices of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060, now 6% cheaper in less than a week

https://videocardz.com/newz/european-retailers-slash-prices-of-nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-now-6-cheaper-in-less-than-a-week

After reading that, I went to check the ones I usually visit.

In one store there are a couple of cards, the Inno3D GeForce RTX 4060 X2 Twin and Inno3D GeForce RTX 4060 Compact available for 299.95€.

It's a good start, but it still needs to go down in price a fair bit before it becomes an attractive option.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The games for Humble Choice July have been revealed.

• The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition
  • Temtem
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Roadwarden
  • Kraken Academy!!
  • Merchant of the Skies
  • Ozymandias: Bronze Age Empire Sim
  • Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

Some good titles in there.

Thanks for sharing.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Meanwhile in Finland: The lowest price for an RTX 4060 is 339.90 €, but you're of course free to pay even more (up to 499 €, it seems). Absolute madness. I will probably finally have to relent and get a new PC (for Cities: Skylines II, if nothing else), and while price and availability are finally there, value is not. Might end up getting a used GPU at this rate and upgrading later, but I suppose I'll wait and see how the situation with the RTX 4060 evolves first.

That's... possibly a great Humble Choice for me personally. That's three games I know I'm interested in, and perhaps the others have pleasant surprises as well. Does anyone know if The Outer Worlds also includes the original? I hear Spacer's Choice Edition has some serious technical issues, so I'm not exactly very interested in it (would be a non-issue if it included the original as well, and would also probably cost no extra for the publisher).

If Lovelace is anything like Turing, the Super refreshes will be properly priced for their performance. But at some point, you just gotta bite the bullet and go with Nvidia or Radeon depending on your needs and price point.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

There are also some overpriced 4060 over here, but most of them are placeholders for products that aren't available yet or have sold out. No one is his right mind will pay that much for a 4060.

Have you checked how much a 3060Ti costs? They don't cost a lot more over here and, while you'll miss DLSS3, it's still a better performing card and, thanks to the bigger memory bandwidth, you won't run into problems with the 8GB of VRAM as soon as with a 4060.

JEMC said:

Have you checked how much a 3060Ti costs? They don't cost a lot more over here and, while you'll miss DLSS3, it's still a better performing card and, thanks to the bigger memory bandwidth, you won't run into problems with the 8GB of VRAM as soon as with a 4060.

Starting from 339.90 €, so it's the same. I could probably get a used one for a fairly reasonable price, but then again, it might have been mined to death... or not, hard to tell beforehand. In the long run, I'm kind of thinking I might get more bang for my bucks, er, euros, with DLSS3 instead of with more memory bandwidth, but it seems like a really bad choice to have to make. Luckily I'm in no rush, and hopefully the situations clears up, even if just a little bit, after a while.

Captain_Yuri said:

If Lovelace is anything like Turing, the Super refreshes will be properly priced for their performance. But at some point, you just gotta bite the bullet and go with Nvidia or Radeon depending on your needs and price point.

Should we really be expecting Super refreshes though? Did we get something like that last gen, or am I just forgetting something? But yeah, looks like I will soon be biting a bullet, whichever bullet that's going to be... I've been getting some blue screens as well, and it sounds like it might be a hardware issue (or not, since there's several different causes listed as always, but sounds more worrying than usually), so patience might not be sufficient at this point anymore.