By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Raja will paper launch it one day before Lovelace launches and hype it as a 4090 killer after you SLI 4 Arc GPUs together and bench it on the one indie game that no one will ever play.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Lovelace is turning out to be stronger than expected

Which probably will mean it will be more expensive as well.

Ngl, I just read PCGamer's article on it a few mins ago and lul'd, mainly because of the editor trying to use the news as a means to big up AMD.

Using words like "worrying" and Concerned, as if AMD's got some gigaton bitchslap ready to dish out lol. We've seen this song and dance for years now, and if AMD truly aren't going to bring that A game, then PCgamer's going to look like your typical fanboy twitter hype account (which I already see them as anyway). 

Hardcore AMD guys never learn. I'm just imagining Hardware Unboxed skewered results conveniently leaving so much and a tiny section of Ray tracing performance because Nvidia completely smokes them on that front lol.

Saying that I'm expecting AMD to come closer to Nvidia this time round

hinch said:

Hardcore AMD guys never learn. I'm just imagining Hardware Unboxed skewered results conveniently leaving so much and a tiny section of Ray tracing performance because Nvidia completely smokes them on that front lol.

Saying that I'm expecting AMD to come closer to Nvidia this time round

I'm almost convinced half the staff at PCgamer are secret AMD fanboys, at least that's what their article history keeps telling me, and Yuri's pov confirmation.

I do sorta expect AMD to come close, but I'm absolutely not expecting them to overcome Nvidia, since Nvidia got their head start by a year or two, and well, intel is stuck with Raja, so there's that =P.

Just wish PCgamer stopped being such a garbage site, it's a mix of uber casual articles, staff that hype up AMD, hype up EGS shit and generally resubmit articles that date back 5-6 years and even retweeting them on twitter (meaning they hardly have new news to talk about). 

I used to frequently visit the site years ago for news, modding and how-to's, but now I only visit it for lul worthy articles. Shit's fallen so hard. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 29 April 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Tom's hardware got hold of the Sapphire Rapids 52-core Xeon Platinum 8470 and tested it against a... Threadripper 3990X.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/sapphire-rapids-xeon-8470-beats-threadripper-3990x

The result, which TH describes as "demolishing the Threadripper", is under closer scrutiny pretty bad for Intel.

The only really good result of SR was CPU-Z, where the 52-core chip beat the old Threadripper by a whopping 70%. But The V-Ray and Cinebench results are much worse, beating the old AMD CPU by just 3% (V-Ray), 6% (R23) and 17% (R20), while the Threadripper even won out the Cinebench R15 comparison by 12%.

So, why are these numbers disastrous? Well, for one, they're against Zen 2, not the current Zen 3 and definitely not against Sapphire Rapids main competitor, which will be Zen 4. The margins are very small, so against the current Epyc Topmodel, Sapphire Rapids can at best keep up in most tasks while both are trading barbs in some applications. Zen 4 should make minced meat of Sapphire Rapids, even just the 64-core chips and not the 96-core high-end models. Finally, the SR chip is at a 350W TDP, so it really should beat a 3 year old CPU with a TDP 70W lower than his own. That it only manages to barely do so is damning in it's own right.

I agree that it's not a great showing for Saphire Rapids, specially since a better comparison would have been against one of the Epyc CPUs, but those are Zen3 based and would make Intel look worse.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

AMD Navi31 flagship RDNA3 GPU could hit 92 TFLOPS of FP32 performance, four times more than Navi21

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi31-flagship-rdna3-gpu-could-hit-92-tflops-of-fp32-performance-four-times-more-than-navi21

Lovelace vs RDNA 3 will certainly be interesting. If Lovelace was just an Ampere refresh with a node shrink, I would think RDNA 3 would have gotten the Raster crown by a good margin. But it will be interesting with all the improvements that Lovelace has been getting such as node parity, 96mb of L2 cache and removing some of the more core bottlenecks that Ampere has. Still having 3 times the core count of Navi 21 and 4 times the TF is nothing to scoff at. The biggest question is whether or this will be a "Zen 1" moment or "Zen 3" moment.

Intel Arc Pro A40M spotted, the upcoming mobile workstation GPU has been confirmed by Dell

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-pro-a40m-spotted-mobile-workstation-gpu-confirmed-by-dell/

XPS 13 Plus - Cleaner And Faster Than A MacBook!

Even Apple wasn't courageous enough to remove the headphone jack from their laptops... Dells excuse is there's not enough space... But when Dave looked inside... There's space... Outside of that though, it is a pretty unique looking laptop. It doesn't have a trackpad cutout like you would find in other laptops but has interesting haptics that you can't find anywhere else. They also got rid of the physical function/escape/delete key and made them capacitive. They claim it's to improve cooling but the Intel CPU is hitting 100C under load but granted at a lower noise level than previous year.

Faster than a Macbook 13 M1? Yes! $1300 with no headphone jack? Also yes...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'd be surprised if neither AMD nor Nvidia manage to launch a GPU with such high clocks this gen, so I'd go with the other option suggested in the article of having more Stream Processors.

Still, it would be mind blowing if those numbers and the update with the rumored 100 TFlops of Ada are true... even if *obligatori disclaimer in case Pemalite reads this* TFlops doesn't correspond with performance.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That is very likely the result of a doubling of FP32 units like Ampere.

This should result in a significant drop in the 'Teraflop per watt' performance vs. RDNA2, much like the RTX 3080 might have 2.8 times as many Teraflops but perform 1.6 times better on average (only ~57% of total scaling).

Edit - but even without the doubling that'd be 46 Teraflops for ~ 600 W, so yeah. The thing's massive.

haxxiy said:

This should result in a significant drop in the 'Teraflop per watt' performance vs. RDNA2, much like the RTX 3080 might have 2.8 times as many Teraflops but perform 1.6 times better on average (only ~57% of total scaling).

Edit - but even without the doubling that'd be 46 Teraflops for ~ 600 W, so yeah. The thing's massive.

Good thing it's split in two .

haxxiy said:

According to Greymon55, Navi 31 will be around 450 to 500W. Subject to change ofc :P