By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Elden Ring: Global Release Timings revealed

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-global-release-timings

Damn forgot Elden Ring comes this Friday lol. Shame I won't be able to preload it and play early :( Also have to get on with Horizon FW before it gets on the backburner.

9 minutes gameplay of Soul Hackers 2

Guess I'll be playing this on the Deck. I swear, if Valve doesn't email me this week regarding my Steam Deck pre-order, I shall install EGS out of spite.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Elden Ring of Soul Hackers? Oh nevermind I'm a numpty.. yeah would be a awesome game to play on a portable.

Heh that'll teach them! I think you should be okay. Iirc you managed to preorder in super early so you'll be fine. Shenanigans aside, I'd be awfully tempted to try install win 10/11 as soon as I get one. For emulators if anything and maybe EGS and other games/platforms that won't be on Linux lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 21 February 2022

hinch said:

Elden Ring of Soul Hackers? Oh nevermind I'm a numpty.. yeah would be a awesome game to play on a portable.

Heh that'll teach them! I think you should be okay. Iirc you managed to preorder in super early so you'll be fine. Shenanigans aside, I'd be awfully tempted to try install win 10/11 as soon as I get one. For emulators if anything and maybe EGS and other games/platforms that won't be on Linux lol.

Windows is what I am most curious about with the Steam Deck. There are a number of functions on the Steam Deck that will certainly need drivers. For example, the capacities analog sticks that you need to press down in order to use the Gyro for aiming. I am curious as to how Valve will handle it. Are they going to provide drivers for all the functions on Windows or is it mainly just going to work as long as it's a game on Steam or something else?

It will be interesting to see though. I will initially be using the built in OS just to see how it goes but I might Switch to Windows 11.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Same. Yeah the experience obviously won't be as streamlined. Plus you won't get the optimisations and features from Valve's custom Steam OS. I'd assume they'd have everything running and Windows drivers at launch though it might be a little more complex than that. I'm hoping it'll be all recognized and at worst you'd have to install some Xinput drivers for the controller or something or maybe on their API recognizing it on Big Picture mode. Not too long to go until we see if and how its all possible.

Yup, will see how it goes. And that's a good bet, there is plenty of games and stuff to do when you get yours anyways. Heck you might not even need or want to depending on how nice the experience is on Steam OS. And I'm sure there will be a dedicated community of developers making stuff for Steam OS (or Linux).

Yeah, I don't really see Valve putting out all the stops to make sure the Windows experience is the same as Steam OS, on a device that's built by Valve for Steam store. They'll likely support for some features and maybe a few drivers, but I just don't see them putting in double the effort to make both OS's 100% the same/compatible on their device, when we kinda get the hint in the room, that Valve really want this device to push their OS (which Steam machines failed at doing).

If I was Valve and was trying to push my own Linux distro to tempt users away from Windows, I'd honestly just focus on pushing my own space, instead of someone else's.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Nvidia may spend $10 billion on components for RTX 4000 including 5nm capacity from TSMC, according to pcgamesn.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/RTX-4000-5nm-10-billion

These are going to expensive, aren't they..

as if that isn't the same for every previous series

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Under normal circumstances, yeah.. though looking at how fucked the GPU market is right now and with rising costs.. yeah. Going to have to sell a kidney for one of these :P

At least Mr Jensen can afford a few more Ferrari's.

Bethesda launcher to close and migrating to Steam. Can MS buy Ubisoft so we don't have to deal with Ubisoft Connect.