By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:

After looking at the DF and some images, I'm honestly having a hard time trying to see the big differences with texture detail and SSR. Shadows are easy and obviously night/day, as are LoD's and no ghosting, but texture detail and SSR still look muddy to me, even in the 3 side by side vids/shots. 

True in most instances and without looking for faults or side by sides they aren't that different apart from shadow quality and IQ. I'd mostly boil the extra detail to native resolution or ai upscale vs checkerboard resolutions. We kinda have to keep in mind this was a PS4 game initially and ported over to run on DX. And with Sony not having much experience with PC, they've got an external developer on this port. Think their name is 'Jetpack Interactive'. Tbh I think they've done a pretty good job of it imo.

Granted, there are hitches here and there, you can see that there was at least some effort done with this, with a load of options that many devs just flat out ignore or lazily just release without much care or attention. *coughSquareEnixcough*

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea pretty much. If Sony continues to make ports like Days Gone and God of War, then I am pretty excited about their future PC iterations. Especially considering how Halo Infinite, a game made by Microsoft, ran like arse while God of War, a game made by Sony, runs pretty well and has DLSS and etc.

It will be interesting to see how these two publishers continue with their future ports cause we may one day have a "console war" on with these publishers on PC lol.

Yup its surely promising. There's some games I'm anticipating for PC like the Uncharted collection.. as that is the one I'm mostly looking forward to. But yeah seeing efforts like this bodes well for future ports from Sony. I want to see Xbox Studios step up their games as its not much excuse in not offering top tier stuff and bells and whistles (DLSS, FSR, Reflex Low Latency etc etc) seeing at their ecosystems API's are based on DX. Like for Starfield (a game I want to play) it'll be great if it performs well and had DLSS and more.

And for once I want to see see this lol. If more competition leads to better ports I'm all for it.

Last edited by hinch - on 14 January 2022

Around the Network

I'm curious, does GoW PC look better than GoW:Rags PS5?

Dulfite said:

No. God of War PC is just an enhanced port of the PS4 version. GoW Rags will have visuals that won't be possible on PS4 or GoW PC port. Perhaps with mods, you can enhanced GoW PC to look similar to Rags but it's unlikely it will get to that point.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

^ You didn't get the memo? It's because it's from Sony, and everything Sony does is perfect.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:
Dulfite said:

No. God of War PC is just an enhanced port of the PS4 version. GoW Rags will have visuals that won't be possible on PS4 or GoW PC port. Perhaps with mods, you can enhanced GoW PC to look similar to Rags but it's unlikely it will get to that point.

hmmn, that's got me thinking, what about those reshade RT filters that Nvidia has recently collaborated with?, do you think those could be supported and used for GoW PC?. 

If possible, I imagine they could improve visual looks by a small margin, but I know the perf impact will likely be 10-20% (ultra shadows and SSR alone give a hit between that margin). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Its the game us PC gamers have been waiting for so long. best game on PC, we never had anything come close to this master of a game before hand (sarcasm btw just going by the way the article turned out on the main page). It is really a great game but how Sony fans can think this is the best game on PC has me puzzled..

Eh let them fight lol. Overzealous fans will always find a way to try one up over another like a pointless circus act. Its not any worse than other fanboys claiming their *insert brand/game* are the best and act like their stance is an objective opinion. Lets try leave that out of this thread tho :P

In other news Intel's upcoming Raptor Lake rumored to have 55% more cache over Alder Lake with 68MB cache.

https://wccftech.com/intel-13th-gen-raptor-lake-cpus-could-feature-up-to-55-more-cache-over-alder-lake-for-enhanced-gaming-performance/

I have a feeling this ones going to be a big jump in terms of gaming performance. Even when compared from Rocket Lake to Alder Lake. Its going to be a interesting fight with AMD readying Zen 3D and 4 this year. Looks like both companies are pushing cache as the way forward.

Last edited by hinch - on 15 January 2022

Really enjoying gow so far. Never played a game in the series before. Loving the father/son dynamic!

BasilZero said:
zero129 said:

Its the game us PC gamers have been waiting for so long. best game on PC, we never had anything come close to this master of a game before hand (sarcasm btw just going by the way the article turned out on the main page). It is really a great game but how Sony fans can think this is the best game on PC has me puzzled..

Honestly I would have preferred God of War Saga (God of War 1, 2, 3, Ghost of Sparta, Chains of Olympus)

I dont care about Ascension (cause its terrible, played/finished it few years back when I did a God of War marathon) and I still need to play my copy of God of War on PS4 lol.

I'll get the PC version sometime in the future when its like $20 - thats how much I got Horizon for last month (which ironically is more expensive than what I paid for the PS4 version - which was $10 lol).

I'll get Days Gone on PC too in the future, will probably get it before I get it on PS4. I should have bought it when it was $14 back in July 2020...maybe it'll go on sale again, dont really want to spend $20 on the PS4 ver cause it doesnt really look like a game that is worth that much.

Personally I rather hope/want the collection games to be on PC in the future (Jak and Daxter collection, Ratchet and Clank Collection, Resistance Trilogy, Killzone collection, Sly Collection, God of War Saga and InFamous Collection).

Got most of them but they are stuck on the PS3.

Yeah its annoying that you can't get the older games without looking at PS3 or even emulators. You can get God of War 3 Remastered on PS4; which can be found for peanuts these days. The others are annoyingly stuck on a dead platforms.

Iirc they are available playable on PS Now and you could sign up on PS Now for a month. And there's usually offers every once in a while that offers the service for a $/£.

Hopefully they'll look to port other older games to PC as that'll be ideal.

Oh nice, I think I remember that pack on release. I think I have 1+2 and the PSP games on physical. They were pretty good though its been years since I've played the original trilogy. The thing that I do miss is the pick and play action and combos in those games.

I still have GoW 3 remaster still in cellophane.. kinda want to play it but I want to start from beginning. And the kicker is I have the all the games on PS3 but I cba to dig it out, plug it in and set it up lol. Plus I still have a backlog of current games I'm still playing through.

I'm not too sure about that PSNow offers. I did do one free month last year though didn't get around to playing much on it. Hopefully it'll come back again. I tried some of the cloud gaming streaming - Killzone 3 and it was a horrible smeary and laggy mess. Heavenly blade I played the demo on PS3 (ages ago) and that was enough for me lol.

That reminds me I have to play Metal Slug X on Steam. Bought it ages ago and its still untouched!

Last edited by hinch - on 15 January 2022

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

hmmn, that's got me thinking, what about those reshade RT filters that Nvidia has recently collaborated with?, do you think those could be supported and used for GoW PC?. 

If possible, I imagine they could improve visual looks by a small margin, but I know the perf impact will likely be 10-20% (ultra shadows and SSR alone give a hit between that margin). 

Maybe but we would have to see how those filters really work as many of these can look good or awful depending on the game.

God of War is kind of interesting from a technical perspective as it relies more heavily on art direction and optimization than one would initially imagine. From the DF video for example, majority of the reflections in the game use the very old cube maps instead of screen space reflections. And the trees and such don't even emit any shadows in certain sections on ps4 but on PC, you can obviously change that.

Those would be pretty standard checkboxes for yearly releases like Asscreed or Call of Duty but it's not to say God of War doesn't look generally better than those games. It's just you wouldn't think a game like God of War would use something like Cube maps as often as it does but clearly, the developers were putting all the additional resources towards other things to make it look as good as it does.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850