By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Activision Blizzard CEO Wants to Make the Company One of the Best, Most Inclusive Places to Work Anywhere

https://wccftech.com/activision-blizzard-ceo-wants-to-make-the-company-one-of-the-best-most-inclusive-places-to-work-anywhere/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

So instead of trying to improve the company and getting good games out. They're cancelling their own content and now hiring based on criteria/s for good PR. Lets see how that works out for them.. lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 21 September 2021

Captain_Yuri said:

Activision Blizzard CEO Wants to Make the Company One of the Best, Most Inclusive Places to Work Anywhere

https://wccftech.com/activision-blizzard-ceo-wants-to-make-the-company-one-of-the-best-most-inclusive-places-to-work-anywhere/

Going by the recent changes to WoW's paintings and other shit, sounds like instead of actually addressing and fixing their core issues, they decide they want to go full woke...how not surprising.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hinch said:

So instead of trying to improve the company and getting good games out. They're cancelling their own content and now hiring based on criteria/s for good PR. Lets see how that works out for them.. lol.

We're going to see a load of photos of forced smiling gals with the butch haircuts in the near future, just wait n' see.

This is turning into such a shit-show tbh. Don't hire woke people with their own stupid agendas, just treat the employees you already have with respect, instead of driving them out and hiring idiots who will just drag the company down. Diligaf about their PR image, that's useless and doesn't translate to good games and writing (especially when you look at the Saints Row Reboot staff). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 21 September 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

hinch said:

It's nothing but a smokescreen, trying to get some good press to cover all the shit that's coming from the company.

In any case, since Blizzard is doing less and less stuff and Activision only does CoD, it would be surprising to see some changes to their games... unless WW2 soldiers start having purple hair and fight the nazis for only having men in their army.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
hinch said:

It's nothing but a smokescreen, trying to get some good press to cover all the shit that's coming from the company.

In any case, since Blizzard is doing less and less stuff and Activision only does CoD, it would be surprising to see some changes to their games... unless WW2 soldiers start having purple hair and fight the nazis for only having men in their army.

Isn't CoD already doing that with their female soldiers?. I swear they were taking the same sort of approach as BFV with one of their previous games. 

@Chazore 

Yeah they'll have some diverse new recruits to show how much they 'care'. When this is like more like putting on a good face after all the shit slung at them - and Bobby Kotick as the head honcho in particular.

Its a shame its the direction we're going in. The forced diversity take at corporate level always comes as false and pretentious. Like I can't seriously look at something like this and think its for the good of the company and customers. Like, at all. Not that I'm against hiring anyone but (ironically) moves like this are discriminatory in its own right and not that any self respecting company would say, never mind use as a PR piece.

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

Isn't CoD already doing that with their female soldiers?. I swear they were taking the same sort of approach as BFV with one of their previous games. 

I haven't played any CoD in ages so I can't really answer, but I think it was Battlefield who put female soldiers with modern hairstyles in BF 1.

hinch said:

Yeah they'll have some diverse new recruits to show how much they 'care'. When this is like more like putting on a good face after all the shit slung at them - and Bobby Kotick as the head honcho in particular.

Its a shame its the direction we're going in. The forced diversity take at corporate level always comes as false and pretentious. Like I can't seriously look at something like this and think its for the good of the company and customers. Like, at all. Not that I'm against hiring anyone but (ironically) moves like this are discriminatory in its own right and not that any self respecting company would say, never mind use as a PR piece.

Sadly, this forced diversity is everywhere and has already caused some incredible facepalm situations, and it won't go anywhere soon.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics Card Specs & Launch Date Leaked, 8 GB Memory & 13th October Launch

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6600-graphics-card-specs-launch-date-leaked-8-gb-memory-13th-october-launch/

"The AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card is expected to feature the Navi 23 XL GPU which is going to feature 28 Compute Units or 1792 stream processors. The card will also rock 32 MB Infinity Cache & will feature up to 8 GB GDDR6 memory capacity running across a 128-bit wide bus interface."

"AMD Radeon RX 6600 series will be positioned as a premium 1080p gaming solution. The AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT launched at a pricing of $379 US so we can expect a price of around $299-$329 US for the non-XT variant"

These low end cards continue to make me cringe. If I was in highschool right now, PC gaming would be out of reach. Then again, I suppose that's the beauty of Steam Deck.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:

@Chazore 

I just straight up hate it, because at the same time, management is taking advantage of the people who don't give two shits about the games/lore, but are willing to make use of those hired staff for PR image, but those hired likely won't care they are being used, because they want to push their own agendas. Meanwhile I just want some good games and good writing, but with this new direction (coupled with that leaked info a month ago), I don't think we're even going to get any of that. 

JEMC said:
Chazore said:

I haven't played any CoD in ages so I can't really answer, but I think it was Battlefield who put female soldiers with modern hairstyles in BF 1.

hinch said:

Sadly, this forced diversity is everywhere and has already caused some incredible facepalm situations, and it won't go anywhere soon.

I think it'll simmer in time, I mean it's only been a thing for around 3-4 years, but it thankfully hasn't taken over the entire industry (even though it's taking the indie side by storm).

I just want the old guard from corps removed, the ones that know they can take advantage of those with the agendas, because whenever those types are put in power, things flare  and fuck up rather quickly (like Saints Row's twitter being "brave" with their pushback statements).