By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

hinch said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Uncharted Collection PC leaks and includes all five games

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/uncharted-collection-pc-leaks-and-includes-all-five-games/

ResetEra post shows an apparently leaked image of a social post announcing a new Uncharted Collection being released for Steam and Epic Games Store. The ad shows that every Uncharted console game - including the spin-off Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - will be included in the package. 

Edit: Apparently fake :/

https://www.everyeye.it/notizie/uncharted-collection-pc-annuncio-arrivo-leak-avvistato-537993.html  <-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-uncharted-collection-for-pc-leaked.480100/page-8#post-72457789

It was too good to be true. Too bad.

Thanks for sharing the new, Rhonin.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Linus did a video that had some interesting behaviours from Windows 11.

He compares performance differences between Windows 10 and Windows 11 and they are more or less the same... Until you run into a game that is very CPU bound like Counter Strike. Then with a 5950x + 3080, you lose performance:

The reason seems to be the new scheduler in windows 11 likes to spread the load more through a lot more cores vs Windows 10 only spreads it through a few cores. And because of that, there is a performance penalty when the CPUs need to communicate through the infinity fabric as Windows 11 isn't CCD aware. So in it's current form, you will see a performance difference in CPU bound games when you compare monolitch like Intel's Rocket Lake and prior + single CCD like 5800x or lower vs dual CCD or more like 5900x and 5950x. I'll be interested to see how Alder Lake S performs as that has it's own Interconnect but I think Ryzen is gonna need some scheduler updates for the higher tier CPUs.

Hackers found a new way to store viruses in GPU memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/hackers-found-a-new-way-to-store-viruses-in-gpu-memory

Sapphire, PowerColor and XFX send large shipment of Radeon graphics cards to cryptomining hardware retailer

https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-powercolor-and-xfx-send-large-shipment-of-radeon-graphics-cards-to-cryptomining-hardware-retailer

As Nvidia tries to lessen mining on gaming GPUs through LHR, AMD warms them with open arms.

TeamGroup Teases CARDEA Liquid II Water Cooled SSD & Next-Gen DDR5 Gaming Memory, Full Unveil on 23rd September

https://wccftech.com/teamgroup-teases-cardea-liquid-ii-water-cooled-ssd-next-gen-ddr5-gaming-memory-full-unveil-on-23rd-september/

Intel confirms it has not downgraded SSD components after launch

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/pffm7q/intel_confirms_it_has_not_downgraded_ssd/

Not that there are that popular to begin with in the SSD space

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 September 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

He compares performance differences between Windows 10 and Windows 11 and they are more or less the same... Until you run into a game that is very CPU bound like Counter Strike. Then with a 5950x + 3080, you lose performance:

The reason seems to be the new scheduler in windows 11 likes to spread the load more through a lot more cores vs Windows 10 only spreads it through a few cores. And because of that, there is a performance penalty when the CPUs need to communicate through the infinity fabric as Windows 11 isn't CCD aware. So in it's current form, you will see a performance difference in CPU bound games when you compare monolitch like Intel's Rocket Lake and prior + single CCD like 5800x or lower vs dual CCD or more like 5900x and 5950x. I'll be interested to see how Alder Lake S performs as that has it's own Interconnect but I think Ryzen is gonna need some scheduler updates for the higher tier CPUs.

That's unexpected, and a prove that some improvement in one field can become the opposite for other tasks.

But yeah, all the three companies involved in this, MSoft, AMD and Intel, will have to work (mostly) together to get this sorted out. 

Captain_Yuri said:

Sapphire, PowerColor and XFX send large shipment of Radeon graphics cards to cryptomining hardware retailer

https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-powercolor-and-xfx-send-large-shipment-of-radeon-graphics-cards-to-cryptomining-hardware-retailer

As Nvidia tries to lessen mining on gaming GPUs through LHR, AMD warms them with open arms.

C'mon! This is not about AMD or Nvidia as we've seen the same thing in the parst with Nvidia only brands. This is about AIBs that prefer the quick and easy money from cryptos over the one from gamers.

And we should be taking names for the next time we are in the search for a new GPU... albeit I'm not sure if there's any AIB name not on the list at this point .

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That's unexpected, and a prove that some improvement in one field can become the opposite for other tasks.

But yeah, all the three companies involved in this, MSoft, AMD and Intel, will have to work (mostly) together to get this sorted out. 

Captain_Yuri said:

C'mon! This is not about AMD or Nvidia as we've seen the same thing in the parst with Nvidia only brands. This is about AIBs that prefer the quick and easy money from cryptos over the one from gamers.

And we should be taking names for the next time we are in the search for a new GPU... albeit I'm not sure if there's any AIB name not on the list at this point .

Yea but AIBs gonna do what AIBs gonna do. AMD should be looking into their own LHR solution instead of not doing anything. Next generation GPUs are probably gonna be even better when it comes to mining. We need both Nvidia and AMD to advancements in LHR technologies.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but AIBs gonna do what AIBs gonna do. AMD should be looking into their own LHR solution instead of not doing anything. Next generation GPUs are probably gonna be even better when it comes to mining. We need both Nvidia and AMD to advancements in LHR technologies.

We can take for granted that Nvidia will do something about crypto with their next cards because they already did it this time, but with AMD I can only be hopeful that they will also do something about it.

Around the Network

What incentive does AMD, Nvidia or AIBs have to not cater to miners. Lip service is fine for gaming crowd. Rest i don't see it.

The incentive is the competition.

What if AMD decides to not do it but Nvidia does, and does it better than this time? Gamers would get Nvidia cards and AMD would lose a lot of marketshare, which has an impact on which techs are adopted by developers, which means that AMD's cards will look even worse in comparison to Nvidia's. And the same is true for Nvidia and Intel, which also has the problem of trying to get a foot in this market.

And the three of them know it, and (hopefully) will try to avoid having to deal with it.

From Nvidia's point of view, they can sell more cards to different audiences instead of having them all fight over the same cards.

As an example, gamers want Ampere and not Turing. Miners want cards that are good at mining but doesn't really need cards to be all that good at gaming. So instead of only making Ampere for mining and gaming, they can make Ampere be gaming focused while Turing be mining focused and thus making more GPUs and selling more. The reason is Ampere is based on Samsung and Turing is based on TSMC. Nvidia knows Ampere will sell no matter what and they can't make more Ampere GPUs because Samsung is at full capacity on their 8nm node. So instead, they try to limit Ampere's mining performance while creating a new line of GPUs called CMP which is mostly based on Turing thus producing more GPUs and making more money.

This can also apply to next generation. Lovelace will go back to TSMC where Ampere based CMP cards can be on Samsung.

green_sky said:

What incentive does AMD, Nvidia or AIBs have to not cater to miners. Lip service is fine for gaming crowd. Rest i don't see it.

Yeah, its win win situation for them. Miners are evergreen rn and they'll continue to buy up so long as mining is profitable. This keeps AiB's happy since it keeps prices high and shipment costs low. Sad truth is that consumers are not a priority for these companies. I mean why not supply big orders from firms are buying up in bulk instead of going into the effort of dealing with multiple supply chains.

Consumers will spend more since stock is so scarce as there is no other choice than to pay out at inflated prices or buy whole PC's from system integrator's. Basically a perfect storm for AiB's and GPU manufacturers.

I doubt AMD or Nvidia care so long as their chips are sold and they make big profit. In addition those who cannot obtain a GPU is still a potential customer. So next year I bet you'll still see people wanting RTX 3XXX/RX 6XXX cards even though the next generation cards will launch. I just hope Etherium moving to proof of stake will put a stop to this madness.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 September 2021

This is interesting. South Korea lets developers bypass Apple and Google's app stores fees.

https://www.gsmarena.com/south_korea_lets_developers_bypass_apple_and_google_app_stores_fees-news-50757.php

Other Topic: Yea, am not that optimistic about gpu prices and market in the short term. You might see some thing happening in 2023-2024 ish. Mind you am not that knowledgeable about hardware side of gpus. Just what am i see and read when looking at stock market and financial perspective of AMD/Nvidia. Nvidia just keeps going even after stock split, like Tesla. Although makes more sense than Tesla stock.