By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

These new consoles not only offer better value. They down right destroy what is available in pc market. I use my pc for lot other than than games. That is the only way i can justify it. Otherwise i would get a cheapo laptop or mac mini type thing along with ps5/xbone x.

Can't in good conscious recommend pc gaming to someone unless they need other utilities it offers at current moment.

As Yuri said, "Personally I think it's a disgrace to have a company like AMD charge the price of an entire console for a GPU that will perform worse than the said console."

This is just sad and pathetic. Not just AMD but entire pc space.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

These new consoles not only offer better value. They down right destroy what is available in pc market. I use my pc for lot other than than games. That is the only way i can justify it. Otherwise i would get a cheapo laptop or mac mini type thing along with ps5/xbone x.

Can't in good conscious recommend pc gaming to someone unless they need other utilities it offers at current moment.

As Yuri said, "Personally I think it's a disgrace to have a company like AMD charge the price of an entire console for a GPU that will perform worse than the said console."

This is just sad and pathetic. Not just AMD but entire pc space.

Just as a side note, a 3060 Ti has an MSRP of $400 and is faster than a Series X in Raster and a 3060 (non Ti) which has MSRP of $329 is able to keep up with a PS5/Series X in some games when heavy Ray Tracing is involved according to Digital Foundry. It's why I singled out AMD because Nvidia, while still not as good of a value as the consoles... Are giving you really good performance for the money and have GPUs that beat the consoles at a similar price point. AMD on the other hand is taking the super greedy route and giving you GPUs that will lose to consoles at the console price point and their APUs are gimped very hard for the price AMD is asking.

Overall I do agree though. PC gaming has become a thing for those with money to spend. It's why I am so excited about the Steam Deck. A budget PC that offers excellent value in todays market.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

3060ti founders edition. Paper launch yea. True.

green_sky said:

Yea but same goes for consoles. You think you can find a PS5 in stock?

Nvidia is selling Founders Editions cards at MSRP at bestbuy. You gotta wait 20 hours in line when bestbuy restocks but it is being sold. Same goes for consoles. Those are also out of stock and are very hard to get. Maybe excluding the Series S which no one wants.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The whole price problem is also the result of the chip shortage that's causing a lot of troubles in other industries as well. Even car manufacturers are having problems getting chips and producing less cars because of that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yes but I expect that from AIBs, not AMD or Nvidia. Why? Because if Nvidia is able to sell 3060 Ti at MSRP during all this... So can AMD.

The difference is AMD couldn't care less about budget gamers now that they have competitive products at the high end. You can see this in how they gimp their products. 6600XT is priced high? Fair enough but why do they gotta have PCI-E x8 instead of x16 to gimp it even harder in certain systems? Why do they gotta lock 5600G and 5700G APUs to PCI-E gen 3 when Intel is able to sell 11400 at $182 while giving you PCI-E Gen 4?

Chip shortage is a factor to a certain degree yes but in reality, a lot of it has to do with AMD's new direction now that they have become competitive. And the new direction isn't a good one. While I am not saying they should be a charity, some of their decisions have been 110% nonsense.

Now Nvidia has also made some bad GPUs like the 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti but those are flanked by good GPUs like a 3070 or a 3080. AMD is not giving that option.

Captain_Yuri said:
green_sky said:

Nvidia is selling Founders Editions cards at MSRP at bestbuy. You gotta wait 20 hours in line when bestbuy restocks but it is being sold. Same goes for consoles. Those are also out of stock and are very hard to get. Maybe excluding the Series S which no one wants.

Since we are in same country. Have had many opportunities to buy PS5 and Series X from BestBuy, Costco. They sell out but doable. 

Edit: Again am not trying to argue with you. I really appreciate all your input and what is good value stuff you post in this thread. Just saying pc side has been the worst i could ever imagine. Sure everything else is bad too. Car prices (waiting period for new ones), used ones going up like crazy, housing in canada (lul), everyday utilities. Yet Bank of Canada says inflation is 3.1%. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 03 August 2021

green_sky said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Since we are in same country. Have had many opportunities to buy PS5 and Series X from BestBuy, Costco. They sell out but doable. 

I haven't but granted, I am not exactly looking for a PS5 or GPUs as I have both. But my friends that have been trying to get a PS5 still haven't been able to.

Regardless, I am not saying Nvidia is making as many 3060 Tis as Sony is making PS5s. But for most people, I'd say it's still not very easy to get either of them as compared to before where you can go to amazon or bestbuy or wherever and get a GPU or Console of your choosing. Eventually both will settle down and when they do, the point I was originally trying to make will stand.

Captain_Yuri said:

The funny thing is, Jensen and Lisa are technically family so it wouldn't surprise me if they were to get together during a family dinner and discuss some back seat price fixing.

Personally I think it's a disgrace to have a company like AMD charge the price of an entire console for a GPU that will perform worse than the said console. I could but wrong but I don't think I seen that in the history of PC gaming where a console that costs about the same as a PC GPU performs better than the said GPU. Especially when the GPU comes out almost a year after the console!

I actually expect both of them to meet up now and then and actually pull that off, because in this current climate, why not? (from a strictly business pov).

I think AMD's getting a bit too high on it's own success in areas Nvidia isn't bothering much with, and now they think they can just charge through the teeth. Not a good look for a long term underdog. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

^ Given that both of them are pretty smart and that price fixing between competing companis is illegal, I doubt they're stupid enough do it.

Anyway, Videocardz has found some more info regarding the 3dfx Interactive tweet from last week:

“Jansen Products” claims to have acquired assets of 3dfx Interactive
https://videocardz.com/newz/jansen-products-claims-to-have-acquired-assets-of-3dfx-interactive
Jensen Products, a new investment company in San Franciso, claims to have acquired the assets of 3dfx Interactive. 

The company released a short statement that would cut the speculation ahead of the announcements that were planned for tomorrow. Jensen Products claims to have acquired the assets of the 3dfx Interactive on July 23rd and is now in a process of trademarking the name. If all that is true, it is truly bizarre to see an announcement of a brand’s return, before the name is even trademarked.

(...)

The statement claims that the company plans to produce graphic cards and other products such as smartphones and smart TVs. Without a doubt, this company will not produce its own graphics processors.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.