By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Attack of the Clones: League of Legends’ One For All gets Mirror Mode

Riot is made up of lovely people who like to listen to the community, and the latest change to League of Legends is completely based on player demand. Mirror Mode lets all 10 players play as the same champion in One For All, bringing with it all the chaos you’d expect. 

Read and Comment

Dota 2’s Compendium turns your International bets into treasures and boosts

As The International’s gears start to spin and the year’s biggest Dota 2 tournament kicks off, Valve have revealed this year’s Compendium; a betting book that turns your accurate predictions of International winners into points, and points into prizes. 

On offer are Immortal items, a Battle Point Booster, and an awesome exclusive courrier pet. Not only that, but every Compendium purchased helps achieve stretch goals, which in Kickstarter-style tradition unlock some great in-game bonuses. 

Read and Comment

A Game of Dice ‘n’ Cards: Armello brings the tabletop to the desktop

There’s no denying the appeal of traditional tabletop games. Their focus on core systems makes them brilliantly balanced and exceptionally intricate, bolstered by the fun of their social demands. League of Geeks, a small outfit in Melbourne, Australia, is looking to bring an authentic tabletop game to the PC, whilst also wrapping it up in computer game wizardry. The result is something beautiful: Armello. 

Read and Comment

Spare a few more coin: Kingdom Come developer returns to crowd-funding for better voice actors

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a pretty interesting RPG. Set in the 15th century, it blends the harshness of The Witcher with the period realism of Chivalry. It was Kickstarted earlier this year with a neat sum of over £1million, but developer Warhorse Studios are returning to the crowd again to secure additional funding to expand the horizons of the game. 

They’re currently looking to top their funding up to the $2,000,000 point in order to hire good quality voice actors to ensure maximum immersion (and hopefully an authentic selection of ye olde accents).

Read and Comment

Kyoto Wild looks like the Bushido Blade-style brawler I've been waiting for half my life

Bushido Blade is the only fighting I've ever really loved: an outlier in a genre of ridiculous costumes and complicated Super-EX-Ultra meters that dared to strip everything back to the basics. There were no health bars; your opponent's limbs could be permanently buggered just by striking their arms or legs; they could even be killed in a single hit if you were able to strike them in the right spot. Stages took place not in single-screen arenas but in massive multi-screen locations - if you found yourself on a losing streak, or you were just a bit of a coward, you could simply run away until you were in a more advantageous location. It's style of fighting game that lamentably slipped by the wayside - but isometric brawler Kyoto Wild looks like it might be bringing it back. It's a four-player, weapons-based fighting game featuring an open, Feudal Japan town setting and one-hit kills. Yes please.

Studio Pixel's Kero Blaster, and its soundtrack, out now

Studio Pixel's Cave Story was a pillar of the formative indie scene - and now a follow-up of sorts has emerged in the form of his sidescrolling platform shooter Kero Blaster, which releases today. It's a momentous, nostalgic and slightly melancholy occasion - how much has changed in the world of independently created games in just six or seven years. I can't say if Kero Blaster is any good or not yet - its free prologue Pink Hour was too brief and too difficult to really get to grips with - but a recent trailer hit all the right notes, so I'm hopeful that the old Pixel magic is there.

Mod of the Week: Monstrous Megapack, for Dungeons of Dredmor

Gaslamp Games recently delayed the release of Clockwork Empires by a few months, but perhaps we can kill the time with another romp through their 2011 roguelike, Dungeons of Dredmor. With the random level generation and robust character customization, every game of Dredmor already feels different, but that's no reason not to add hundreds more differences. The recently updated Monstrous Megapack adds over a hundred items and artifacts, scores of new rooms and dungeon features, plus several new breeds of baddies, boogies, and bosses.

Interview with Tripwire's John Gibson: "Microsoft's done their best to kill gaming on PC for as long as I can remember"

In April, I spent an entire day at Tripwire Interactive's office in Atlanta, Georgia getting the first look at Killing Floor 2. We talked about KF2's new gore system (enemies burst apart dynamically in 19 places), blood system (every drop of blood stays on the map for an entire match), and new guns, which live up to Tripwire's reputation for accuracy.

I also spent a good deal of time talking to Tripwire president John Gibson about PC gaming at large—his thoughts on SteamOS and the Steam Controller, Epic's Unreal Engine 4, and Battlefield 4's ongoing issues. As always, he had strong opinions about the present problems and future possibilities of PC gaming. His boldest prediction: almost every PC game will end up on Linux eventually, and PC gaming will thrive as a result.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution In Unreal Engine 4: Map Available For Download, New Footage Emerges [UPDATE]

Modder’s ‘Disting’ recreation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution in Unreal Engine 4 is one of the best recreations we’ve seen these past months. Surely Bioshock and Zelda look great in Unreal Engine 4, but this Deus Ex: Human Revolution map sports some of the best visuals we’ve seen to date. Thankfully, there is a way to download this map yourselves, although there is a slight catch to it. Continue reading

CRYENGINE – Real-Time Short Film Released, Stunning Environmental Screenshots Unleashed

CNCPT has released an amazing short film that was rendered in real-time in CRYENGINE and looks great. While the animations are not as good as those found in Assassin’s Creed or Battlefield 4, the visuals that are being displayed are top notch. In addition, you can find below some environmental screenshots captured by modders ‘Ultimarage’ and “Maximum-Dev”. Enjoy! Continue reading

CRYENGINE-powered “Heathen” Revealed – First Screenshots + Environmental Video

Frog Factory and Crytek today revealed a new game powered by CRYENGINE, Heathen. Heathen will be a Multiplayer/Cooperative FPS with small teams of 4 or 5 players. Frog Factory unveiled the first screenshots from it, as well as a test video showing off the game’s environments. Continue reading

Unreal Tournament – Original Unreal/Unreal Tournament Music Composers To Return

Unreal Tournament fans, get ready for amazing news. The original composers of Unreal and Unreal Tournament will return to Epic’s upcoming remake. Michiel van den Bos has posted a new thread on Epic’s forum, expressing his desire to return and compose the music for this new UT title. And as you may have guessed, the development team is more than happy to have both Michiel and Alexander involved in this project. Continue reading

CRYENGINE – Realtime Screenspace “Killzone Ray-Tracing” Reflections Showcased

YouTube’s member ’18T220′ has released a new video for CRYENGINE, showcasing some real-time screenspace reflections. These reflections are similar to those found in the latest Killzone title that Guerrilla Games refers to as ‘ray-tracing reflections’. Obviously some of you will focus on the underwhelming environment and will miss the whole point of the video, so before that happens, yes. The environment looks a bit flat and the TOD that was used is not up to what we’ve been used to. But that’s irrelevant as the video focuses on reflections which are top notch indeed. Enjoy! Continue reading

Miscreated – CRYENGINE-powered Post-apocalyptic, Survival MP Game Inspired By Rust & DayZ

Entrada Interactive has launched a Greenlight campaign on Steam for its brutal post-apocalyptic, survival-based Multiplayer Online game using CRYENGINE, Miscreated. Miscreated feels like an alternative version of Rust and DayZ. Not that this is a bad thing but with H1Z1 just around the corner, Entrada Interactive will have to offer something more than just a new DayZ game. Continue reading

Crossing the Line – New First Person Shooter Coming To PS4, Xbox One & PC, Powered By CRYENGINE

Zomboko Entertainment is currently working on a new first person shooter for current-gen consoles and PC, that will be powered by Crytek’s CRYENGINE. Zomboko Entertainment aims to keep the game cinematic and realistic for a deeper immersion, and has released the first screenshots for it. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

since it's winning in the poll I went back to the old way for now

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Someone trolling or is Red Dead Redemption coming to PC?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Software&Name=Red+dead+redemption&ModelOrVersion=&Vendor=Rockstar+Games&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&LastSearchTerm=red%2Bdead%2Bredemption&BreadcrumbPath=red+dead+redemption&TempOsid=Windows+8.1

credit to Lazaro on Neogaffor spotting it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817207

@TheVoxelman on twitter

^I would have loved Red Dead Redemption on PC... like 2 years ago. Launching it now makes me feel like if someone have slapped my face.

What's the point of launching it now? And if they are doing it now, does it mean that GTA V will also take 2 or 3 years to come to PC?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
^I would have loved Red Dead Redemption on PC... like 2 years ago. Launching it now makes me feel like if someone have slapped my face.

What's the point of launching it now? And if they are doing it now, does it mean that GTA V will also take 2 or 3 years to come to PC?

Red Dead Redemption: Definitive Edition, PC/PS4/XBOne

in other news

Intel "Devil's Canyon" to Usher in 5 GHz-on-air Overclocking Era

Even as Intel launched its first Core "Haswell" Refresh socket LGA1150 chips, it left out two enthusiast-grade parts from the mix, the Core i7-4790K and the Core i5-4690K. Don't be misled into thinking that they're just multiplier-unlocked variants of the i7-4790 and i5-4690 launched today. There's a reason the two have be designated a separate internal codename altogether. Called "Devil's Canyon," the chips are made from high-performing dies binned out from the foundry, and placed on extra-durable packages with contact points that are designed for higher voltages, and a superior thermal interface material between the die and the integrated heatspreader (IHS).

Better packaging (mind the pun) isn't the only thing that sets the i7-4790K and the i5-4690K apart form their non-K counterparts, they're are also clocked higher. The i7-4790K ships with an out of the box clock speed of 4.00 GHz (the first Intel processor to do so), with a Turbo Boost frequency of 4.40 GHz. The Core i5-4670K, on the other hand, ships with a clock speed of 3.50 GHz, with Turbo Boost frequency of 3.90 GHz. The TDP of both chips is rated at 88 Watts, a wee bit higher than the 84 Watts the non-K chips are rated at. Expreview believes that the two could usher in a new era in CPU overclocking without breaking the bank over HEDT chips, and could be capable of running at clock speeds of 5.00 GHz, on air-cooling. Intel is expected to launch the two chips to crowds at Computex 2014, followed by a market release in mid-June.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

And while I am here I might as well do the rounds

DICE to unveil footage of Battlefield 4's riot shield-focused Dragon's Teeth DLC this week

Comments2

DICE will pull the sheet from Battlefield 4’s fourth expansion this week. “Dragon’s Teeth!”, we’ll exclaim as they reveal all-new two-handed ballistic shields. Because we certainly didn’t hear about them two months ago. No sir.

Read and Comment

EA won't keep Battlefield 2, 1942 and Crysis multiplayer running - GameRanger will

Comment

We’re starting to miss Gamespy like an overthrown despot - sure, it was uncompromising and made life difficult. But at least things were stable then.

EA’s Origin team said last month that they were working on “transitioning” the old Battlefield games to a new home - but this weekend listed Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942 among the “fan favourites” now headed for permanent shutdown if the publishers can’t overcome “significant technical hurdles”.

And so EA turn in hope to the community - and to third-party services like GameRanger.

Read and Comment

Bungie and friends scramble to replace Halo's multiplayer lobby ahead of Gamespy shutdown

Comment

With Gamespy’s end date looming, the gamut of early noughties multiplayer shooting is threatened with sudden termination. While EA struggle to find a way to save Battlefield 2, however, a Bungie-backed squad of Halo fiddlers has assembled to ensure the studio's opus sees the next month.

Read and Comment

Sanctum 2 pulled in 95% of its revenue on PC - devs thankful for "visibility" of Steam sales

Comment

You’ll remember Coffee Stain Studios lately topped Steam’s charts with Goat Simulator - but before that they made similarly profitable waves with first-person tower defence game Sanctum 2. Unfortunately, they didn’t manage the same on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

“In retrospect the console ports were a bad idea,” says Coffee Stain’s Johannes Aspeby. We’ve made about 95 percent of our revenue from PC, so having a day 1 port is not something we want to do again.” 

Read and Comment

Peerless Vampire Killers: Van Helsing II

By Adam Smith on May 12th, 2014 at 11:00 am.

The latest trailer for The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing II plays out like an advertisement for a monster hunting seminar. An encouraging pitchman takes budding slayers through their development options, suggesting that some might want to try out a spot of thaumaturgy while ensuring that their pet chimera is cleverly utilised and well-fed. The benefits of companionship are outlined, as are new crafting and enchantment systems. Dedicated Drac-dusters may be slightly irked when the host recommends they abandon their solitary lifestyles in order to brush up on their people skills so that they can command and train armies – the world’s at war now and the stakes are higher than ever.

Read the rest of this entry »

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
JEMC said:

Red Dead Redemption: Definitive Edition, PC/PS4/XBOne

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Just right now, I feel like this buddy

Someone has to post the gifs :P

Yep, I feel like a dumb.

I've been these last days worried about my "problem with my case and the 290 (not really worried, but it was bugging me) when the answer was so simple!

A simple pair of 3.5 to 5.25 bay adaptors and the problem is solved! And dirt cheap!

Oh, I feel so dumb, and so relieved!

Darksiders "is not dead", says series designer; new owner Nordic "seems very committed"

Comment

It’s one thing to say that Darksiders isn’t dead - another to understand what bringing it back to life would mean. When THQ imploded, Darksiders wasn’t just killed but torn into pieces. Its staff at Vigil were scattered to the winds - aside from a small team assembled around co-founder David Adams, who Crytek sheltered from the storm. And the name was sold at auction to Nordic Games in faraway Austria.

But series director Joe Madureira is oddly convinced that Darksiders will return - pieced back together, like Osiris, and given new life.

Read and Comment

Crowdfunding games is "much more difficult now than it was even a year ago", says Gollop

Comments3

In the end, Chaos Reborn was Kickstarted, and comfortably. But nobody would have bet their highest-ranking XCOM soldier on it a couple of days before. Even after the public endorsement of Ken Levine, a date with TotalBiscuit and a high-profile slot on noted videogames website PCGamesN, Gollop wasn’t convinced he’d hit his modest goal.

The reason? Kickstarter isn’t the goodwill factory it was when Double Fine Adventure was funded.

“Your goal has to be quite low or you're not going to reach it,” says Gollop.

Read and Comment

How to become emperor: The Elder Scrolls Online's first king spills his secrets

Comments3

The Elder Scrolls Online’s centrepiece is its PvP, which makes a huge, open battleground of Oblivion’s Cyrodiil. And right in the middle of that, in the White Gold Tower in the nucleus of the Imperial City, sits an emperor thousands of other players have put there.

How does one do it? Become emperor? Not through poison, persuasion or gunpowder plot, says the Elder Scrolls Online’s first king.

“The best advice I can give to anyone who aspires to be emperor is to join a group or a guild.”

Read and Comment

Hands on with Habitat: a PC game version of Gravity, directed by Charlie Chaplin

Comment

It took all of six seconds before my astronaut engineers began screaming for their lives.

Read and Comment

The Dota 2 International Qualifiers have kicked off; watch the American qualifier now

Comments1

The Dota 2 International Qualifiers have just kicked off this evening, starting with the American qualifier, which will end on May 15th, with the South East Asian qualifier starting the next day. 

The qualifier streams are split between European and American hubs filled with casters and pro-players watching and providing commentary. Match specific streams are also available so you can catch the matches you want to watch. 

Read and Comment

Treasures unearthed: new Diablo 3 legendaries revealed

Comment

A Chinese Diablo III database site has managed to unearth a whole trove of legendary items that are currently not present in the game. Speculation says that these could be the ladder specific legendaries that will arrive in patch 2.1. That aside, I can actually verify myself that some of these legendaries were present within the Reaper of Souls closed beta. You can take a peek at each and every one below the break.

Read and Comment

Don't close your eyes: GOG.com's Spring Insomnia Sale begins today

Comments1

GOG.com doesn’t want you to sleep. At least not until it’s emptied its digital warehouse. The Spring Insomnia Sale will be throwing up all manner of titles from classics to new games for up to 90 percent off. There will even be a few free games, for those lucky enough to spot them. 

But each promotion will only last for as long as it’s in stock. The more people that buy it, the quicker it will vanish, unveiling the next game on sale. 

Read and Comment

It belongs in a museum: Wargaming rescues and conserves one of a kind World War II bomber

Comment

After developing World of Warplanes, it undoubtedly comes as no surprise to anyone that Wargaming is a bit of a fan of military aircraft. But it goes beyond recreating the aircraft for gaming. 

In 2013, The Royal Air Force Museum and Wargaming teamed up to conserve and partially restore the last known Dornier Do 17 light bomber, used in World War II by Germany. Restored parts of the plane, cleaned and preserved by teams of staff and volunteers, have been displayed in the museum.

Come next year, the plane itself will be displayed in the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, Shropshire, here in Blighty. 

Read and Comment

Blood for the Blood God: Mount & Blade gets Warhammered

Comments1

It’s been a while since I had the itch to reinstall Mount & Blade: Warband, though it was once an itch that never ceased. It looks like it’s back, because I can’t think of many things I’d rather do than play Warsword Conquest right bloody now. It’s a Warhammer total conversion mod, and that’s why. 

Ride around the world as a skeleton ne’er do well, joining factions on a whim and split when your purse starts to feel a bit light. Or live the adventurous life of a murderous, boar-loving orc and ex-blood bowl player, pillaging and getting up to no good. 

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Someone else posting GIFs?

Now for some manly GIF action

@TheVoxelman on twitter