By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

KingKazuma34 said:
Anyone else here hype for ArcheAge or Black Desert???

Black Desert does look cool, but I have never been into MMOs and I doubt I will start any time soon.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Upgrading my wifes PC while she's out ;D

Had two lay around from previous builds and picked up another two from a local store on the cheap, wonder if she'll notice.

lucidium said:

Upgrading my wifes PC while she's out ;D

Had two lay around from previous builds and picked up another two from a local store on the cheap, wonder if she'll notice.

I'll be your wife.
Then I would sell them off and get Radeons. :P Shame no 8-way crossfire, haha.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I'll be your wife.
Then I would sell them off and get Radeons. :P Shame no 8-way crossfire, haha.

That would be a short marriage.

lol

Eve trailer draws MMO, Valkyrie, and Legion together with pretty CGI

Comments2

Separate to making one of the best MMOs around, CCP have a knack for awesome trailers. With each expansion they’d release a video which drew attention to new features while also being full of pretty explosions and spaceships.

The Prophecy is no different, it shows CCP’s new focus on Eve as a universe, one where Eve: Online, Valkyrie, Legion, and Dust 514 all exist coherently. And it looks bloody marvellous.

Read and Comment

Bohemia are offering €500,000 of prizes in Make Arma Not War modding contest

Comments1

Bohemia are bringing all the Arma modders out of the woodwork with the offer of lovely, lovely money. For this year’s Make Arma Not War contest the studio has poured €500,000 into the prize pot. The winner of the Total Modification category alone will take home €200,000.

Read and Comment

Guild Wars 2 is 50% off till 11 May

Comment

To celebrate... it being May(?), Arenanet have slashed Guild Wars 2’s price by half. Instead of £35 for the basic version of the game it is just £17.50. And, if Deluxe is your thing, that release is £25, cheaper, then, that the basic build when it’s normally at full price.

This sale doesn’t last long, you have until 11 May.

Read and Comment

Infinity Ward set to absorb Neversoft to create “super-studio”

Comments7

Infinity Ward and Neversoft worked closely during the development of Call of Duty: Ghosts. “Through that process, it became clear that the two studios have very complementary skill sets,” Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg wrote in an internal memo obtained by Giant Bomb. “Between these two excellent studios, it seemed like a single 'super-studio' could emerge."

That’s what Activision have decided to do, merge the two studios, retiring the Neversoft name.

Read and Comment

Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 release set for 15 May. Comes with 400bn star systems and 200 cubic light years of space

Comments3

Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 is almost upon us and, with it, the skybox drops away. Currently, Elite takes place in a skydome that’s only one light year across. In Alpha 4 that skydome becomes 100,000 light years across. The release date has been set for 15 May.

“Alpha 4 genuinely contains over 400 billion star systems,” Frontier write in their newsletter. “And they are all moving correctly; spinning, orbiting each other in an incredible astronomical ballet. We are also modelling interstellar molecular clouds, and though some of the detail in these (particularly for nebulae) will come after Alpha 4, wherever you are, the ‘night sky’ is accurate.”

Mother of goodness, this game is impressive.

Read and Comment

GRID: Autosport – PC System Requirements Revealed

Codemasters has revealed the PC system specs for its upcoming racer, GRID: Autosport. According to the Codies, PC gamers will at least need a dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 15GB of free HDD space. GRID: Autosport will not support Windows XP or DX9. We should note that the PC is the lead platform for GRID: Autosport, meaning that the Codies may be able to further optimize its engine and offer us an amazing product. Kudos to our reader ‘John Vanitsidis’ for informing us. Enjoy! Continue reading

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – Brand New In-Engine Screenshots Released

A fan page dedicated to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, CoDMP247, has unveiled some new screenshots for Activision’s upcoming next-gen COD title. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place 2052 and players take the role of private Mitchell. The game is currently planned for a November 4th release and mainly targets next-gen platforms. Enjoy! Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

I'm not sugesting that they should move to another manufacturer, I'm just saying that TSMC should be more serious and professional and have the things done when they claim they will be.

As for my 5850, I'm really considering getting a new card now as things will go for the worst once the summer ends (real life problems and all that). And I'm currently leaning towards an R9 290, obviously with an aftermarket cooler.

A Radeon R9 290 would be a dramatic upgrade.
You would probably be looking at a 3x performance increase in games and should last you many years. :)

I would personally go for the ASUS Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II OC or MSI Twin Frozr, mostly due to the back plate which prevents the GPU's PCB from "warping" over time.

The Asus is more expensive than the similar offerings from the competition, and gets too close to the prices of a 780 to consider it, and I haven't seen the Twin Frozr.

As my 5850 is a Saphire one and that has served me well, I was considering the Saphire Tri-X

But it may be a bit too long for my case

Otherwise there's the MSI "R9 290 Gaming" (maybe it's the Twin Frozr renamed?) that is shorted and has a backplate

@lucidum and picking 2x780Ti for the cheap: I wonder what you do understand "for the cheap"

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Otherwise there's the MSI "R9 290 Gaming" (maybe it's the Twin Frozr renamed?) that is shorted and has a backplate

@lucidum and picking 2x780Ti for the cheap: I wonder what you do understand "for the cheap"

Look on the MSI's fan. ;)

I tend to avoid Sapphires due to the warranty being 2 years, I would personally opt for a Gigabyte instead.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

Otherwise there's the MSI "R9 290 Gaming" (maybe it's the Twin Frozr renamed?) that is shortedr and has a backplate

I tend to avoid Sapphires due to the warranty being 2 years, I would personally opt for a Gigabyte instead.

**Homer Simpson's "d'oh"**

Gigabyte's Windforce is also an option, and slightly cheaper than both Saphire and MSI ...

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

Otherwise there's the MSI "R9 290 Gaming" (maybe it's the Twin Frozr renamed?) that is shortedr and has a backplate

Gigabyte's Windforce is also an option, and slightly cheaper than both Saphire and MSI ...

If only slight cheaper, then get the MSI for slightly more. :P

Backplate, better voltage delivery/regulation and usually better overclocking, all worth it IMHO to get more out of it in the long run.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

If only slight cheaper, then get the MSI for slightly more. :P

Backplate, better voltage delivery/regulation and usually better overclocking, all worth it IMHO to get more out of it in the long run.

Gigabyte_369 €, Saphire_379 €, MSI_ 395 €. The Asus is +420€ so it's a no-go

Not that I'm going to buy it just now, but I'll keep an eye on them just in case I find an offer I can't refuse ^.^