By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

The news, part two:

The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting trailer reveals more ways for sims to express themselves
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-sims-4-nifty-knitting-trailer-reveals-more-ways-for-sims-to-express-themselves/
EA's shown off the first have released the first official trailer for the The Sims 4's next add-on, a stuff pack entitled The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting.
Nifty Knitting is the second add-on to The Sims 4 to have had its theme, name, and contents voted on by the player community, following on from 2018's Laundry Day stuff pack. As the name suggests, the main focus of the pack will be the knitting skill—a brand new addition to The Sims franchise which will allow Sims to craft their own clothing designs and decorative items, as well as sell them on Plopsy (The Sims' rather unflatteringly named version of Etsy) for extra simoleons.

Hearthstone goes to wizard school with the Scholomance Academy expansion
https://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-goes-to-wizard-school-with-the-scholomance-academy-expansion/
The next Hearthstone expansion is themed around the magical education provided by the Scholomance Academy, where Kel'Thuzad is a frankly questionable choice of headmaster. As the former servant of the Lich King and final boss of the Curse of Naxxramas adventure, Kel is best known for raising the dead, not as an educator of Azeroth's most impressionable minds.

QuakeCon At Home will feature an around-the-clock 'Global Super Stream'
https://www.pcgamer.com/quakecon-at-home-set-to-include-streams-tournaments-and-surprises/
Bethesda announced today that QuakeCon at Home will kick off at 11 am CST on August 7 with the awesomely named QuakeCon Digital Welcome Global Super Stream, featuring influencer streams, Bethesda community teams, and more, all running around the clock. The QuakeCon Twitch Team will also bring the global Quake community together online for the first time ever, playing and sharing games to raise money for charities including COVID-19 Direct Relief, UNICEF, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, and The Trevor Project.

Get a new legendary skin and more in the Overwatch: Sigma's Maestro Challenge event
https://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-new-legendary-skin-and-more-in-the-overwatch-sigmas-maestro-challenge-event/
A new Overwatch event called Sigma's Maestro Challenge is now underway, giving players a chance to earn limited rewards including a player icon, legendary emote, six new sprays, and a brand new legendary skin.

Red Dead Online players are dressing up as clowns to protest a lack of updates
https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-online-players-are-dressing-up-as-clowns-to-protest-a-lack-of-updates/
It's been seven months since the release of Moonshiners, the last update to Rockstar's Wild West multiplayer adventure Red Dead Online, and the players are starting to get a little antsy. And so, as noted by PCGamesN, they've taken to the game's virtual spaces to express their displeasure in a slightly unusual way.

Cyberpunk 2077 concept art shows the 'crowded megabuildings' of Santo Domingo
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-concept-art-shows-the-crowded-megabuildings-of-santo-domingo/
The latest handful of Cyberpunk 2077 concept art images focuses on Santo Domingo, and it's the polar opposite of last week's glimpse of the Westbrook region. While the latter is a verdant expanse of foliage, fields and strange modern architecture, Santo Domingo is where the (far) less advantaged citizens of Night City reside.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's tacky Border War skin has been renamed
https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfares-tacky-border-war-skin-has-been-renamed/
Even in a sometimes jingoistic series like Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and Warzone's Border War skin seemed massively tasteless, and after plenty of criticism Infinity Ward has acquiesced and renamed it.

CD Projekt Red tribute shows Kojima as a Cyberpunk 2077 character
https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-red-tribute-shows-kojima-as-a-cyberpunk-2077-character/
Hideo Kojima is always a very stylish boy, but his Cyberpunk 2077 doppelganger might have him beat. To congratulate him and the Kojima Productions team on the PC launch of Death Stranding, CD Projekt Red went and turned him into a Cyberpunk 2077 character.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea I am gonna pick those cards up essentially as soon as they get announced. With a 30 day return policy that is just in case Nvidia actually does goof up... The last mining craze completely destroyed reasonable GPU pricing and those that were able to pick the GPUs up before it began essentially won the generation. Hell it gave Nvidia the will to raise their prices to this degree with the 2000 series.

I feel like I'm going to have to do the same. I wasn't caught off when I got my 1080-ti, but I know I don't want to be with the 3000 series, because I've already skipped out 1 gen of cards so far, and I don't wanna skip another (DLSS is just too good now to pass up, and I like GFN/GFE).

It almost feels like this is just well timed for them to sell these cards, right when a new mining craze starts, which would coincidentally support them raising their prices. They'll try to feign the "we're trying hard to keep up with stock guys, really!" excuse they pulled last time. We know they can actually keep up with output, but we know they really just want another excuse to go with inflated prices.

This is why I really want AMD/Intel to step up their games, because even if Nvidia tries to take advantage of the craze, the other two could try to appeal more to actual legit customers (not scumbag fucks not giving a shit about ruining a PC games industry) and force Nvidia to sway back to paying attention to customers (I don't trust them to not look at Miners as a source of extra income).  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Pemalite said:
hinch said:

True we've been let down a lot from the red camp.. but we've seen a glimpses of RDNA 2 in action. In January we've seen an unknown AMD card 17% faster than 2080Ti in OpenVR spotted on there. Given time to mature to drivers on what seems top be a possible engineering sample, it would most likely have lower clock speeds as well. Then you have the 36 CU Xbox Series X GPU offering similar performance to RTX 2080 in Gears 5 (from Digital Foundry) its not too far fetched to believe some of the rumours.

I've not been following AMD GPU news up until recently but logically they are shooting for high end this time and with 72-80 CU's I can see more competitive GPU from them this time round. If we go by the increased power efficiency, higher clocks and improved IPC, its certainly possible we can get a 40% perf boost over a current gen..

It honestly doesn't make sense for them to launch another mid range card only when the new consoles are out in a few months. With Navi 2X, I can see them going all in. When they have a product that's not only as competitive but potentially disruptive, its time to strike while the iron is hot.

Could be looking at a die-size north of 500mm2 though... She isn't going to be cheap considering it's on 7nm and that big.

The RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Super are 545mm2... But that is built at a very cheap and mature 12nm process which is a refined 16nm process which is an enhanced 20nm process with Finfet. nVidia could afford to make them big.

Not to mention nVidia priced them high anyway.

Also the 2080Ti is 2 years old at this point, Ampere is rumored to offer a 20% IPC uplift per SM and 4x the RT performance of Turing as well... Plus a 25% increase in SM counts alone.

That could mean that Big Navi @ 545mm2 is competing against nVidia's 3070 @267mm2, maybe the 3080 in a best case scenario at 367mm2, nVidia could apply some serious cost advantages.

Mind you, all these numbers could be way off, just what I have been seeing floating around the enthusiast hardware circles... Either way a "high-end" GPU dropping in 2020 competing with a "high-end" GPU released 2 years ago doesn't really rock my world, not sure what anyone else thinks?

It's worth keeping in mind that, according to the leak/rumor that hunch posted a couple days ago, Big Navi would be build around two clusters of 36CUs. That could help with better yields and lower costs.

That brings other questions like how they could manage to make that work, with an hybrid X-fire like the old dual GPU cards or with something else.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

More salt worthy rumours

Intel Alder Lake S, P And M Configurations Leaked – 10nm Big And Small Cores With 14nm GPU

https://wccftech.com/intel-alder-lake-s-p-and-m-configurations-leaked-10nm-big-and-small-cores-with-14nm-gpu/

AMD Navi 22 RDNA 2 GPU Spotted, Codenamed Navy Flounder – Could Be A Custom Radeon Pro Design For Apple’s Future Mac

https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-22-rdna2-gpu-radeon-graphics-codenamed-navy-flounder-spotted/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Given how many laptop related news you post, Yuri, I'm surprised you didn't post this one:

Windows PCs Will Have to Switch Over to ARM CPUs Eventually to Match Apple’s Future Offerings, Says Former Mac Chief

https://wccftech.com/windows-pcs-will-have-to-switch-over-to-arm-cpus-eventually-to-match-apples-future-offerings-says-former-mac-chief/

Apple’s move to switch from Intel its own A-series silicon was commented on by former Mac chief Jean-Louis Gassée, who claims that Windows PCs will eventually have to make the switch to ARM CPUs. He also talks about Microsoft having to switch over to newer hardware or be left behind, so here are all the details you should know.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Given how many laptop related news you post, Yuri, I'm surprised you didn't post this one:

Windows PCs Will Have to Switch Over to ARM CPUs Eventually to Match Apple’s Future Offerings, Says Former Mac Chief

https://wccftech.com/windows-pcs-will-have-to-switch-over-to-arm-cpus-eventually-to-match-apples-future-offerings-says-former-mac-chief/

Apple’s move to switch from Intel its own A-series silicon was commented on by former Mac chief Jean-Louis Gassée, who claims that Windows PCs will eventually have to make the switch to ARM CPUs. He also talks about Microsoft having to switch over to newer hardware or be left behind, so here are all the details you should know.

Lol it was such a facepalm article. I read it but I almost thought it was satire.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Lol it was such a facepalm article. I read it but I almost thought it was satire.

I know, but it's always entertaining to see how someone clearly biased can be interviewed like if he could be objective.

Former Apple guy trying to play it off like Apple is gonna be some ultimate leader for the tech industry, one that doesn't give two shits about core PC gaming...lmao, just lmao.

He can jog on, and so can Apple for all I care. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Cryptocurrency Scam Goes Global – Twitter Accounts of Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and a Number of Crypto Exchanges Hacked

https://wccftech.com/cryptocurrency-scam-goes-global-twitter-accounts-of-elon-musk-bill-gates-and-a-number-of-crypto-exchanges-hacked/

Uh Oh, Crypo shitz may actually be happening. Either that or it's the end of Crypto if everyone agrees it has turned into cancer.

Another good review for the LG CX9. I really want to buy it asap but I don't think I can justify it without also getting a new PC. I'm also still skeptical about the input lag. All reviews praise it but I would consider myself extremely sensitive to it since I've played 144fps for the past few years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.