By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

And we didn't even have to pay $1000

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I posted it in the Most Wanted thread but I forgot to put it here: if anyone likes the Ace Combat franchise or wants to give it a try, Projext Wingman is almost a carbon copy (in a good way) and it has a demo with 3 missions and 3 planes.

It's available from itch.io: https://rb-d2.itch.io/wingman

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Looking for a new notebook. Trying to juggle screen size, weight, price and performance. It's terrible. Not that I actually need performance. Price and weight are the most important things right now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Looking for a new notebook. Trying to juggle screen size, weight, price and performance. It's terrible. Not that I actually need performance. Price and weight are the most important things right now.

The Asus G14 is currently one of the Value leaders right now if you don't need a webcam while being very portable + great battery life and performance. It can get pretty expensive but there is a range of options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zephyrus-G14-Ryzen-9-GeForce-RTX-2060-Max-Q-Laptop-Review-Kicking-Core-i9-to-the-Curb.457817.0.html#toc-case-a-miniature-zephyrus

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

The Asus G14 is currently one of the Value leaders right now if you don't need a webcam while being very portable + great battery life and performance. It can get pretty expensive but there is a range of options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zephyrus-G14-Ryzen-9-GeForce-RTX-2060-Max-Q-Laptop-Review-Kicking-Core-i9-to-the-Curb.457817.0.html#toc-case-a-miniature-zephyrus

It's not supposed to be a gaming notebook. Anything with a discrete GPU or more than 1.3kg is absolute overkill. I'm looking into the million different Surface things right now but they just seem to be more expensive than they should be.

I need a notebook I can take with me on trips that can play videos. I could just get something super cheap but I have a bad feeling that I'll pay for it with frustration. The best thing would be a tablet, but I'm feeling really iffy about not having a fully fledged Windows with me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It's not supposed to be a gaming notebook. Anything with a discrete GPU or more than 1.3kg is absolute overkill. I'm looking into the million different Surface things right now but they just seem to be more expensive than they should be.

I need a notebook I can take with me on trips that can play videos. I could just get something super cheap but I have a bad feeling that I'll pay for it with frustration. The best thing would be a tablet, but I'm feeling really iffy about not having a fully fledged Windows with me.

I was going to say get a chromebook but yes that doesn't do windows normally

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Acer Swift 3 from Amazon - $649

• AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4. 1GHz) with Radeon Graphics | 8GB LPDDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
  • 14" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16: 9 aspect ratio)
  • Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax | HD Webcam (1280 x 720) | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader
  • 1 - USB Type-C port USB 3. 2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C & USB Charging, 1- USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (featuring power-off charging), 1 - USB 2. 0 port & 1 - HDMI port
  • Just 0. 63" thin and 2. 65 lbs (1.2kg) and up to 11. 5 hours of battery life!

Last edited by hinch - on 15 June 2020

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

While the Asus G14 is a gaming notebook, it is very portable at 1.6kg with a 10 hour battery life and good speakers. You can put it in silent mode and it won't make any sound since it turns off the fans completely and it also has 1440p screen option as well as a 1660Ti option. It also has USB-C charging. So I'd certainly consider it since it's not the normal gaming laptop with a 2 hour battery that weighs a lot.

But other than that, you would have to go with the more portable but less value for money options. Something like a Dell XPS 13 or the Surface pro but Windows + Tablet interface doesn't really mix and I owned a Surface Pro before returning it. If you want to get a Surface, get a keyboard. Also if you do think about XPS 13, make sure you get the newer model cause the olders one have shit speakers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9300-Laptop-Review-Smaller-but-slower-CPU.458539.0.html#toc-processor-intel-ice-lake-core-i5

PC Specs, First Screenshots Revealed For Star Wars: Squadrons

https://wccftech.com/pc-specs-first-screenshots-revealed-for-star-wars-squadrons/

Minimum (non-VR)

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel I5-7600
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11
Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard Drive Space: 30GB

Recommended (non-VR) / Minimum (VR)

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
Memory: 16GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 480 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1060 or Equivalent
Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended (VR)

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
Memory: 16GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 570 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1070 or Equivalent

I expect most will go for the classics, the X-Wing and the Tie Fighter.

Requirements are a bit high for a PS4/X1 port, but at least it doesn't ask for a lot of storage.

Last edited by JEMC - on 15 June 2020

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.