By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Price Cut Confirmed - Japan

NJ5 said:
Japan clearly has a console of choice already, I don't think there's nothing else Sony/MS can do there except pray for future games to boost sales. Even then it will probably be too little too late.

MS is mainly trying to increase its brand recognition there, in order to stand a chance during the next generation.

How can you put Sony and Microsoft in the same class in Japan. The ps3 is a clear second choice and has greatly improved from last year. Given the wii is outperforming the competition but I find it funny how dismissive you are of the ps3 despite its obvious improvement

Around the Network

In Japan xbox 360 is just waiting for its coffin to be nailed, i dont really see the point in it there anymore. This withstanding, i do say that Lost Odyssey is the perfect game for that market, i just received the english language asian version, and oh my, old school rpg bliss. However this hasnt even helped the sales one bit, unlike blue dragon, which had pushed the numbers a bit.

Honestly, price cut or no, it wont make any difference. It would in the other two main markets, but quite frankly, in Japan youd have to be selling it at newspaper stands along with the daily paper...

Clearly the Xbox 360 will reach 1 million gamers in Japan. It's just Japanese software is needed to continue it's life there. And American games are making some what grasp in Japan too.

$175US is a nice price and the Japanese should jump on to this price. It might not do much but if Microsoft can lure more Japanese content on the Xbox 360 well hardware should see a nice jump in the next couple of months.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

Yeah but somehow i really doubt that will happen...they will eventually touch up 1 m users, but even that isnt very good of an install base to be able to base launches on the console...big up for persistence though