By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console will have the first head-track game be on? and in what Genre.

in the simpliest term, Headtracking brings the real 3D to the game genre. What console do you think it will come out first?

Nintendo? With IR build-in on Wiimote,

Sony? With PSeye that can do 60fps, perfect for fast movement.

or Microsoft? The software company that has experience with coding more than any of the company.

And what Genre will the game be in?

Survival Horror? the ability to look around the world in 3-D?

Sports game? imagine batting and seeing the baseball coming at you in 3-D

Shooter? realistic tatical shooter when you can see your troops in 3-d around you, better positioning.

RPG? Adventure? Imagine Endless Ocean in 3D.

What do you think? 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I hope nintendo does it first since I have the Wii but regardless what console its on it would be awesome.
It's most likely to be on the aswell since the IR-camera in the Wii remote.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

>It's most likely to be on the aswell since the IR-camera in the Wii remote.

I have a Wii (well, my cousin who lives in my house does), so here's my question, how good is the IR-Camera on Wii really is? because I've heard and seen lagging with some software on Wii before.

does it do 30fps or 60?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

It would feel wrong if Nintendo wouldn't come with it first. So I expect Nintendo.

kingofwale said:
>It's most likely to be on the aswell since the IR-camera in the Wii remote.

I have a Wii (well, my cousin who lives in my house does), so here's my question, how good is the IR-Camera on Wii really is? because I've heard and seen lagging with some software on Wii before.

does it do 30fps or 60?

wii does 100/second...it's far better suited for motion tracking than the pseye

for instance, you could do a game where 1 person sits in front of tv, one to the left and one to the right...with head-tracking, each person would see different info on the screen, so could get confidential mission objectives, or trivia answer or pictionary card, etc

or an active puzzle game where you need to move around to see the different angles of the room or whatever in order to figure out how to solve the puzzle

a light gun game where you can duck for cover, maybe a really good paintball game

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

>wii does 100/second...it's far better suited for motion tracking than the pseye

I just looked around, yes, it's confirmed 100hz. wow, that is impressive.

I think we have to agree, doesn't matter what console fanboy you are, that headtracking will be great for any console out there. Hopefully it will be a normal standard for games in the future.

selnor
Episode 2:

I would GUESS if it is done it will be done by Nintendo, but it would probably be an on rails shooter. Maybe something to go with the zapper.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

i think it may first be done on wiiware

i'm half-serious about starting a company to create a wiiware game using head tracking

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I would love a horror game in an open world where you have to go from neighbourhood to neighbourhood searching for survivers. That'd be awesome trying to looking around corners with Headtracking.

Also, Am i the only person who thinks headtracking will look much better with a HUGE TV?

selnor
Episode 2:

Given Microsoft's research into the field (http://research.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?qu=head+tracking&id=all), Microsoft would definitely have a head start (there are papers there that date back 10 years). However, I just can't see Microsoft jumping on such technology.

As for what type of game first. Some form of minigame collection most likely. This will allow for a decent testbed as different games can utilise it in different ways. After this, who knows.