By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much bashing this console era?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The Moonwalker ad was the best. Or at least the best of the "Nintendon't" ones.

lol looking at those commercials today make me wonder: who would want a piece of shit system like that?

cant beleive i actually thought those graphics were good.

Around the Network

Yup. And there were a bunch more of those too. It's not like we came from some golden age of civility.

There's probably about the same amount of console bashing as last gen, people just noticed it now because of a fad known as the internet.

To the original poster: i feel the same... i'm interested in console sales, i'm interested in good videogames in general, only on Nintendo consoles these days, that's true, even if i respect all the other excellent games out there... but i find the console war and most of the fanboys "arguments" tiring and uninteresting...

The only solution i've found is to read only the positive, constructive, interesting threads on this site, the threads about potential future good games, or including some fine analysis of the market, great news and rumors, some cool personnal impressions, funny predictions, totally out-of-topic fun, etc...

And even if in one of these threads, i read a comment of a PS3/360 fanboy who's trolling and trying to piss off Nintendo lovers in a very stupid way, then i promised myself to ignore him from now, cos none of these fools is worth my time and my thoughts... they're just pointless, and they should only talk about the games and the console(s) they like and they know...

But really, it's a question of age for me: i'm nearly 40, how could i care about what a 15 year old brainless fanboy has to say when he's acting like a troll? I have better things to do in my life, and i'm enjoying this site and my Nintendo consoles just the same, don't need to care about what he has to say... it's nothing, really, don't even pay attention... there are many cool and interesting people on this site anyway, just try to find them, and to join the discussion when they're around, and you'll have some great time down here...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Million said:
Well there wasn''t as much competition as there is now , with no clear winner everyone has the opportunity to go crazy.

there is definitely a clear winner

wii is selling more in 2008 than ps3 will have sold ltd and than 360 will have sold ltd as of 12/31/08

however, there is no clear winner between ps3 and 360 just like it was uncertain whether it would be xbox or gc taking 2nd last gen

back in the day we had REAL console wars: snes vs genesis, n64 vs playstation

last gen and this gen it's just a cakewalk for the one console that gets the casual gamers

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp