By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much bashing this console era?

I just want to know why everyone cares so much if the Wii outsold the 360.  Or the PS3 the 360.  Who cares?  They're all already successful consoles!  Why does everyone have to bicker and fight about "their" console!?  Seriously?  Who cares.

Around the Network

I doesn't seem too much worse than past generations to me.

superwrxsti said:
I just want to know why everyone cares so much if the Wii outsold the 360. Or the PS3 the 360. Who cares? They're all already successful consoles! Why does everyone have to bicker and fight about "their" console!? Seriously? Who cares.

Why do you say that? What's your measure of success?

because the nintendo fanboys havent had much to cheer about for a good 10 years.

...myself included

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

fkusumot said:
superwrxsti said:
I just want to know why everyone cares so much if the Wii outsold the 360. Or the PS3 the 360. Who cares? They're all already successful consoles! Why does everyone have to bicker and fight about "their" console!? Seriously? Who cares.

I'd say that selling 8 million units (PS3/360 2007 sales) of anything is a success... And obviously the Wii is successful.  They all have strengths and weaknesses.  They're all successful then, I'd say. 

Around the Network
superwrxsti said:
fkusumot said:
superwrxsti said:

I'd say that selling 8 million units (PS3/360 2007 sales) of anything is a success... And obviously the Wii is successful. They all have strengths and weaknesses. They're all successful then, I'd say.

By that standard the Dreamcast, Game Gear and the Game Cube were all a success. You set the bar pretty low there.

Okay. But, we're not talking lifetime sales here... We're talking about a single years sales, sir. Regardless of my opinion on success, that wasn't the point of the thread. I just want to know why people are such assholes about everything videogame these days. Almost makes me want to ditch the internet for anything other than online gaming.

it does seem on full on. Well within my friends group its worse than last gen

fkusumot said:
superwrxsti said:
fkusumot said:
superwrxsti said:

I'd say that selling 8 million units (PS3/360 2007 sales) of anything is a success... And obviously the Wii is successful. They all have strengths and weaknesses. They're all successful then, I'd say.

By that standard the Dreamcast, Game Gear and the Game Cube were all a success. You set the bar pretty low there.

Gamecube?  I'd call it successful.  Nintendo made loads on the GC, because they didn't go into the red during the R&D and launch phases.

superwrxsti said:
Okay. But, we're not talking lifetime sales here... We're talking about a single years sales, sir. Regardless of my opinion on success, that wasn't the point of the thread. I just want to know why people are such assholes about everything videogame these days. Almost makes me want to ditch the internet for anything other than online gaming.

Ah, a single years sales. Then by your definition they are all successful. If one of them sells less than 8 million in a year then I guess it will no longer be successful or maybe you have a different definition for this year? But seriously, this site is driven by the sales numbers. If nobody cared what the numbers where then this site probably wouldn't exist.