By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mark Cerny Interview His take on cloud and drm before MS cloud and drm

So I was watching an interview of Mark Cerny from nov.  and to me this guy is a gaming god and from my gaming history was the reason I really got into gaming. So he actually says something about cloud and sorta mentions drm as in "the petty idea that you need to own things your selves" . Watch from 1:06:40 for cloud and 1:10:30 for his take on drm.

Around the Network

hes awesome

loved it when he said Playstation 3 and you could tell he almost said Playstation 4

Saw parts of it. Good interview.

Completely off-topic but I really like your signature :)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

PlaystaionGamer said:
hes awesome

loved it when he said Playstation 3 and you could tell he almost said Playstation 4

He is!!! Hes one of the few developers that I actually like when they speak. He says things so softly and genuinely. Mark needs to talk more and Blezinski, Jaffe, and Blow need to shut up a bit more. He has done a lot for the gaming industry and he imo is the one that will lead Sony into next gen domination. Plus Kaz is Sony's ceo and Playstation is one of Sony's pillars so Sony will spend and invest big into psn infastructure so cloud computing will come to ps4 when the time is right (even though idk it will do much) and i believe that next gen psn online services will be on par with live's since + is being required now.

Around the Network

What a legend. Very interesting video. I had no idea he worked on Sonic.

Watch the whole thing, He's such a character! Glad he's still making games even if Knack isn't blowing my mind right now.

So happy Mark Cerny has an important role on PS4.

It seems to me that Kaz did a great job in getting Cerny and Shuhei involved at a high level in the industry. They are obviously passionate about it.

And i really hate it when people say that all companies are just out to make money...there are people at these companies that are genuinely passionate about what they do..and looking at the role Cerny is playing at Playstation its obvious Sony is serious about there new outlook on the gaming industry.

I think this is a positive for us gamers

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Also kinda cool that both Naughty Dog and Insomniac games worked on Crash Bandicoot...

It has shown in their games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Also kinda cool that both Naughty Dog and Insomniac games worked on Crash Bandicoot...

It has shown in their games.

It seems to me that when insomniac was next door to naughty dog they did great things but without them not soo much. Insomniac should have sold themselves to sony. Then the PS trio would be back together. Sony S.I.N. Studios sounds cool :D