By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Bill Belichick is an Ass Thread

zerosaurus said:

Oh and this was the best Super Bowl ever, not so much for the outcome, but because the officiating was clean, the action was thrilling, it was anybody's game throughout, the hits were clean, and nothing noteworthy of controversy (except for Belichick's 1s departure, something Randy Moss rubbed onto him).

BTW me Miami fan, I'll admit it during our awesome 1-15 season.

Oh and "Stain" gets my commerical nod.

I'm a Miami fan myself, and I'm proud of our one win(cus nobody wants to be the team with a winless season).  But I only considered the Pats to be 12-0 at the end of the regular season(I mean you can't count 2 wins against a 1-15 team, nor should you count 2 wins against a 3-13 team which had two of its wins against said 1-15 team).  Joking aside, a perfect season is rather amazing, but it still pales to winning the Super Bowl.

Oh and even as a Miami fan I agree with rocketpig and consider the'85 Bears to be the best team ever.

Around the Network

As a Steelers fan, I'll take the '78 Steelers. Four Super Bowl victories in six years, moreover, is a real record. But the '85 Bears did go on an amazing run, the '72 Dolphins were fantastic, and there's an argument to be made for the late 80s/early 90s 49ers. All of those teams were better than this year's Patriots.

I should clarify. My opinion is the '85 Bears were the best team of a single year. The '74-'79 Steelers which were largely the same team is the best multi-year team.

Even if the Pats had won, I would put them behind all of the teams Desroko listed. And while the franchise is doing amazing these last few years, many of the players have changed, so I can't consider it as a multi-year team. That's both a pro and a con for free agency.

Linkzmax said:
zerosaurus said:

Oh and this was the best Super Bowl ever, not so much for the outcome, but because the officiating was clean, the action was thrilling, it was anybody's game throughout, the hits were clean, and nothing noteworthy of controversy (except for Belichick's 1s departure, something Randy Moss rubbed onto him).

BTW me Miami fan, I'll admit it during our awesome 1-15 season.

Oh and "Stain" gets my commerical nod.

I'm a Miami fan myself, and I'm proud of our one win(cus nobody wants to be the team with a winless season).  But I only considered the Pats to be 12-0 at the end of the regular season(I mean you can't count 2 wins against a 1-15 team, nor should you count 2 wins against a 3-13 team which had two of its wins against said 1-15 team).  Joking aside, a perfect season is rather amazing, but it still pales to winning the Super Bowl.

Oh and even as a Miami fan I agree with rocketpig and consider the'85 Bears to be the best team ever.

If you count that against the Patriots, I highly suggest that you never ever look up the strength of schedule of the 72 Dolphins. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Linkzmax said:
I should clarify. My opinion is the '85 Bears were the best team of a single year. The '74-'79 Steelers which were largely the same team is the best multi-year team.

Even if the Pats had won, I would put them behind all of the teams Desroko listed. And while the franchise is doing amazing these last few years, many of the players have changed, so I can't consider it as a multi-year team. That's both a pro and a con for free agency.

I don't know if I would pick the late 70s Steelers or the late 80s Niners for best dynasty ever (in Superbowl history, if we go back further, Lombardi's Pack takes it), but it's a close call. Both teams were amazing but since I have no hatred of the Steelers, I would probably pick them. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
blaydcor said:
bchery21 said:
blaydcor said:
bchery21 said:
too bad he's a football genius.......
apparently not genius enough to go 19-0

hey, a coach can only coach....players gotta play

Or maybe he only had such a good record because of his players skill

or God was reminding everyone that only he is perfect?!....u hate Bill, i get it

bchery21 said:
blaydcor said:
bchery21 said:
blaydcor said:
bchery21 said:
too bad he's a football genius.......
apparently not genius enough to go 19-0

hey, a coach can only coach....players gotta play

Or maybe he only had such a good record because of his players skill

or God was reminding everyone that only he is perfect?!....u hate Bill, i get it

Well, look at the name of the thread, dude. Besides, he is arrogant, clearly immature, and in many games, continued to pound on points just to disgrace the other team and chase records. No football honor whatsoever. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

rocketpig said:

Erik, Crystal Falls? No shit?

God, been there too many times to count. Most of my extended family still lives in Iron River. My dad just moved back there after 25 years away.

Yep. I spent a couple weeks up there every year growing up. My uncle just moved back up there in the last couple of years.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

zerosaurus said:

Good point.

As to where the game ranks in recent playoff history... Each of the last three years have had a classic playoff game... The Steelers over the Colts in the divisional round 2 years ago... The Colts over the Pats in the championship last year... And the Superbowl this year of course. Of those three, I take this Superbowl, just because it was the Superbowl.

But there's actually been a lot of really great Superbowls recently. 4 of the last 7 Superbowls were decided by 3 points (all involving the Pats). 2 years before that, there was the Rams-Titans game and the tackle. I don't recall the details of all of those to say which was the best, but I can say I enjoyed this year's more than any one since the Packers won.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

As a hard-core Giants fan, I was really glad to see the Giants stick it to the Pats last night. If the Pats had won, they would have become the Barry Bonds of american football (did they really go 19-0??)  But seriously, cheat against the JETS???!!! maybe against the Colts or the Cowboys....
rocketpig said:
fkusumot said:

So if Belichick was a video game console, which one would he be?

Don't answer. It's a trap.

The PS2 because it offers the EyeToy.

best post ever. period

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it