By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Looking for some D&D based movies

valen200 said:
there is some sort of animated movie about Dragonlance that just came out.

Hmm, I found it on Netflix but I'm a little worried about it. 

The reviews don't seem that great but that isn't what bothers me.  What bothers me is that it's only 90 minutes.  It seems like it would be difficult to just squish the first book in 90 minutes but it looks like this thing is trying to put all three books in 90 minutes.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
valen200 said:

Hmm, I found it on Netflix but I'm a little worried about it.

The reviews don't seem that great but that isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that it's only 90 minutes. It seems like it would be difficult to just squish the first book in 90 minutes but it looks like this thing is trying to put all three books in 90 minutes.

Well, I haven't bought - have a discount- and am a D and D player as well. An animated movie kinda scares me becuse I amnot sure how well that would turn out. Oh, Scourge of Worlds is kinda neat. It is a Cg movie that is more of a Choose your own adventure book. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

twesterm said:

So I was looking through some movies and I came across Mazes and Monsters and decided I would actually give that movie a go. Thinking some more, I decided I wanted some other D&D based movies.

Anyone have some suggestions? They really don't have to be good as I often enjoy bad movies too, though don't even think about mentioning the Dungeons and Dragons movie (seen it and it pisses me off).

No... Oh wait. you already know to avoid the D&D movie... hit reply before i read though whole thing... nobody needs to see either D&D movie.

Hah you'd be better off getting the D&D cartoon on DVD. I don't particularly like it... but it's not so bad you want to hurt yourself. It's funny in a kiddy way.

Have a friend who swears by it who is way more into the D&D stuff then i am... hence why i mention it. 

valen200 said:

That animated movie is horrible :(

I know you're asking for movies but what about AD&D games? Have you already played Baldur's Gate 2?

Around the Network

Yes, that one is great.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Legend11 said:
I know you're asking for movies but what about AD&D games? Have you already played Baldur's Gate 2?

I played it a long time ago but lost it and someone at work actually gave me their copy a few weeks ago and I've been playing it off and on since I've been on an older game kick.  Still love it.  ^^