By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - E3 2013: Latin American Conference

Yesterday Sony did the same E3 Conference toward Latin America... I didn't posted before due all the AMAZING NEWS, GAMEPLAY VIDEOS and RUMOS about Gran Turismo 6.

So yesterda was the GT day at E3 with the world focused in GT6.

But that didn't stopped to happen others smallers events but high importants at E3 like this E3 Conference focused in Latin America.

I will try to list everything that happened at the conference...

• Mark Stanley, LA General Manager, started the conference mentioning the recently started manufacturing of the PS3 in Brazil that reduced the price of the console to attendee all the Latin American. Stanley thanked all Latin America PlayStation fans for their support and reveled that last year PS3 sold over 1 million units in the entrie region.
  • After, Rossanna Aranibar-Schach - LA Marketing Manager -, talked about the social networks and the massive grow of their Facebook, Twitter, site and official blog. Over 10 million fans in Facebook tuned to be the biggest game community of Latin America. A lot of new actios over the social networks will be made focusing in the FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) and more detail will be reveled at Brasil Game Show (Oct 26-29).
  • Killzone: Mercenary for Vita was showed and the game will be localized to Brasilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish.
  • BEYOND: Two Souls and Puppeteer totally in Brasilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish... October launch for both.
  • Gran Turismo 6 Special Edition Bundle with Blue 250GB PS3 announced for Brazil and Latin American... the game will be out in Brazilian Protuguese and Latin American Spanish.
  • The new and cheaper "Favoritos" label (like Greatest Hits) announced to Brazil and Latin American at half of the full priced games.

• New PS3 bundles announced for Brazil and Latin American...

• At the end, Mark Cerny, the Hand of the God (aka Kaz), showed PlayStaiton 4 running Knack. He announced Brazil will receive the console at the same day than US and that they want to sell it below R$1000 (~$460).

ethomaz's note: PS4 is already in preorder here in some retails at R$1850 (~$860)... I don't know if official or not.

At the end that is weird because even the name of the conference was "Latin America" at the end they talked only about Brazil... well or I missed something and just watched the Brasilian parts lol lol lol

Around the Network

Still no release date.
So weird to see everyone trying to dry hump the brazilian market.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think the official PS3 user base in Brazil today is over 2 million consoles.

About the PS4 official price Jack Tretton said we will be surprised because it will be way below what we are accustomed... I put below R$1000 in OP but it said close to R$800... to make a comparison today the PS3 is sold here at R$1099.

Well Tretton said they will try... so I don't have any hope about these prices.

http://blogs.ne10.uol.com.br/mundobit/2013/06/13/sony-espera-vender-ps4-no-brasil-por-cerca-de-r-800/

Haaaa I want to congrats the team behind the PlayStation Blog BR that are sharing the E3 news sometimes even before the US team... the site have a lot of articles, videos and interviews... some even not published in the US version.

http://blog.br.playstation.com/

Around the Network
ethomaz's note: PS4 is already in preorder here in the retail at R$1850 (~$860).

I was expecting R$ 1500.

If PS4 had BC, I would sell my PS3 to help buying the PS4.  I think I might visit Paraguai during holiday.

ooh, the design of the "FAVORITOS" label is great, much better than the lame "Platinum" we have in Germany...

Nothing about the price in Mexico??

KHlover said:
ooh, the design of the "FAVORITOS" label is great, much better than the lame "Platinum" we have in Germany...

I think the Journey cover match so good with the gold Favoritos label... I don't know if others games will fit.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Nothing about the price in Mexico??

That is a good point... the conference is more focused about Brazil I don't know why... and I just watched the Brasil parts too... so can you see if any Mexican site shared information about? I will add to OP.

Here the Mexican (or at least LA) PlayStation Blog site: http://blog.latam.playstation.com/2013/06/12/playstation-latinoamerica-en-el-e3/

Even in this site they just talked about... Brazil... weird.

At least the "Favoritos" is for all the Latin America.