By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Super Bowl XLII Discussion!

Erik Aston said:

And one of the best games I've ever seen, period. Last three minutes especially were insane. An all-time great upset.

K seriously that was one of the shittiest games ever! Yes the last 3 minutes were insane but the rest of the game sucked.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
The win reminded me of Burress' Super Bowl prediction and Tom Brady chuckling over it. It just goes to show a person that even what seems like a sure thing can sometimes have a surprising outcome.

http://www.ktvu.com/superbowl/15183873/detail.html

Brady Responds To Burress' Game Prediction
Giants WR Says New York Will Defeat Patriots 23-17

POSTED: 6:44 am PST January 31, 2008

PHOENIX -- Tom Brady doesn't think much of Plaxico Burress as a prognosticator.

"The New England Patriots quarterback chuckled while discussing Burress' prediction Tuesday of a 23-17 Super Bowl win for the Giants Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Brady was surprised the Giants receiver thought the Giants would hold the Pats to 17 points, which would be a season-low for New England. The NFL Most Valuable Player said he wished Burress had predicted a 45-42 score and given the Patriots a little credit for scoring more points.

The Patriots set a league record with 589 points, including 38 in their win over the Giants in the regular-season finale."

I thought of exactly the same thing.  And the Pats ended up scoring less than 17 points, which is just poetic.  Brady looked incredibly unhappy for the entire game, even during their last scoring drive when the Patriots finally got into a rhythm.

cool48 said:
Erik Aston said:

And one of the best games I've ever seen, period. Last three minutes especially were insane. An all-time great upset.

K seriously that was one of the shittiest games ever! Yes the last 3 minutes were insane but the rest of the game sucked.

In the scope of a potential 19-0 season, and given how the Patriots had the best offense EVER, and given how improbable the Giants playoff run has been, and how big of underdogs they were, the first three quarters were absolutely edge-of-your-seat. A big score does not a good game make.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
cool48 said:
Erik Aston said:

In the scope of a potential 19-0 season, and given how the Patriots had the best offense EVER, and given how improbable the Giants playoff run has been, and how big of underdogs they were, the first three quarters were absolutely edge-of-your-seat. A big score does not a good game make.

True story.  That game could have easily gone to each team at any point in the game, but it was kept so close that it was truly great.

The defenses of both teams (particularly the Giants) were amazing.

cool48 said:
Erik Aston said:

There is nothing more exciting than a defensive football game. It's especially interesting since the Pats set the points record this year, along with Moss and Brady's records, and the high scoring nature of their last game together.

It will without a doubt go down as one of the best Super Bowls ever. Simply classic. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Erik Aston said:
cool48 said:
Erik Aston said:

True story. That game could have easily gone to each team at any point in the game, but it was kept so close that it was truly great.

The defenses of both teams (particularly the Giants) were amazing.

Exactly.  It's not the final score that makes the game interesting, it's the way it unfolds.  Especially with the way some important penalties and calls were made in the midgame, this one was a real nail-biter through and through.  It gradually built the tension and reached a stunning climax during the last two scoring drives.

Best football game ever. So happy giants won. /flameshield

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Best football game ever. So happy giants won. /flameshield

QFT,

Folks who don't get it either don't grasp the strategy of the game or are Patriot fans/Anti-Giant fans.

This game had some epic battles at the line of scrimmage and if you're only watching the ball I can understand why someone would think it was boring.  But if you understand the battles that occur between the recievers and the cornerbacks, the games being played between the defensive backs and the quarterback, and the trench warfare going on at the line of scrimmage then this game can be described with only one word...EPIC.

Probably the best superbowl ever, and definitely the best I've ever watched live...well "semi-live " (<3 TiVo). 

To Each Man, Responsibility
rocketpig said:
ikilledkenny said:
This ruined my day. On every other day, the Patriots dominated, but they could not pull it off when it mattered most.

The Patriots dominated? Was I watching a different game where Brady was knocked down over 15 times?

It's hard to win when you have four to five guys rushing you and you develop eyes in the back of your head in fear of getting knocked. I guarantee that the Giants studied a whole lot of San Diego footage over the past two weeks to understand how to get under Brady's skin.

He was saying in every other game they dominated....which of course is also false but they did dominate a lot of their games...just not all of them or even all of them except this one.

To Each Man, Responsibility

All I have to say is thank you pat fans and people who didn't give the Giants a fan. I walk away today with 1500$ in my pocket. I bet against a 10 point spread in the Patriots favor and on the Giants win. Thanks to everybody who bet on the pats my 400$ bet yielded 1100$ more after paying the fees and such..