By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here will be boycotting Xbone?

I'm not a Playstation fanboy.  I had all 3 consoles last gen, and also had the original Xbox and PS2.  I've sold my 360 and vow I will never buy an Xbox One. 

Is anyone else with me? 

We as gamers have to stand up for what we believe in.  If M$ wants to take away used games, force DRM on us, and force an internet connection then we need to voice our displeasure with our wallets.  I understand some people are fiercely loyal to M$, and that is OK, but at some point we need to say enough is enough. 

Who here vows to boycott Xbox One for the entirety of the next-gen?  If you reply, it will also be helpful to know if you had an Xbox 360 so we can show that this thread doesn't apply merely to Playstation fanboys.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

Maybe. Definitely won't be getting one anytime soon that's for sure. Maybe when I can find a good deal sometime in the next 4-5 years on black friday or something.

it looks like its PS4-pc for me. i was hoping nintendo would show something that would interest me in getting a WiiU, but they didnt. xbox one? no freaking way

I'm not me and about 4 other friends. Day one

I wouldn't say I'm boycotting the device as I was initially open to the purchase, but so far I haven't seen anything that wants me want to have the X1. Introspectively, I'm not sure what it is about the PS4 that makes me want one other than it being a "next gen console"... The social sharing features don't particularly interest me, but some of the new games/exclusives look amazing!

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

I won't buy the XBONE anytime soon. None of the exclusive games they showed interest me at all. And their policies suck big time. I'll be rocking it hard on the PS4/Wii U for the next 10 years.

But maybe I'll get one 6-7 years from now just to add it in my collection.

Deyon said:
I won't buy it anytime soon. None of the exclusive games they showed interest me at all. I'll be rocking it hard on the PS4/Wii U for the next 10 years.

But maybe I'll get one in 6-7 years from now just to add it in my collection.

Oh silly deyon.  We both know that isn't gonna happen. :-p

i was never geting a xbox 1 so i guess iam boycotting it lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

The future of gaming will be all digital console where we can no longer buy or sell our games.

Essentially, Steam.

All MS is trying to do is kill the retail disk based game and move everyone onto the digital platform, this is their 'vision for the future.'

An online check, something that irks me the most about this console, is a necessary move for them to enforce their anti used policies and devaluation of the retail disk copy. In order to justify this connectivity they will be pushing their infinite 'powah of teh cloud' BS.

The less and less useful and convenient your disk based games becomes, the more incentive you have to jump the gun to digital only games.

EDIT: I will not be buying any next gen system til a few years, so I still have some time to wait and see how both systems pan out.

coolguy said:

I love you, coolguy.