By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hipocricy of Mayimoto.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
inforcer2 said:
for those who take this so seriously
http://flixn.com/play/loxnra/
when did gaming get so serious where nothingca be taken as a joke

Because Miyamoto isn't joke fodder for an asshole like Jaffe, and we, as Nintendo fans, feel Jaffe should keep Miyamoto's fuckin' name out of his mouth.

And we, as Sony fans, feel you should keep Miyamoto's cock out of your mouth.

Around the Network

Man, what the hell happened here? This topic is a train wreck. It was from the get go. It's like a train wrecked, then continued to plow through a city on it's side.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
inforcer2 said:

Because Miyamoto isn't joke fodder for an asshole like Jaffe, and we, as Nintendo fans, feel Jaffe should keep Miyamoto's fuckin' name out of his mouth.

If Miyamoto wants to be in the public eye, he's going to have to take some criticism. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Edit: If someone makes a funny joke about Miyamoto, then he is in fact joke fodder.

Anyhow, talk about a mountain out of a mole hill. The interviewer asked a bullshit question, and Jaffe delfated it. What's the big deal? Doesn't seem to me like he was taking a shot at anyone.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
Wow people jumping to defend their almighty from a joke that meant no harm.

This is almost as bad as whenever some said that insomniac said that SMG copied R&C.

Your constantly at odds with me on opinions, and being pro Jaffe, I deduce you are Sony fan?

^^ Wish I could delete my own posts, lol.

Why do you take things so personally?  Jaffe does not equal Sony and liking Jaffe doesn't mean you hate Nintendo and love Sony.

Would you call me a Sony fanboy because I respect Jaffe as a good game designer and a funny fellow? 

This thread is fantastic for the number of times "Miyamoto" and "hypocritical" have been misspelled. As for the actual content, uhh, who really cares about this stuff?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:

This is almost as bad as whenever some said that insomniac said that SMG copied R&C.

Your constantly at odds with me on opinions, and being pro Jaffe, I deduce you are Sony fan?

Why do you take things so personally? Jaffe does not equal Sony and liking Jaffe doesn't mean you hate Nintendo and love Sony.

Would you call me a Sony fanboy because I respect Jaffe as a good game designer and a funny fellow?

Man, I can't help it, I just hate Jaffe. I really do.

I'll go into it.

I always liked Twisted Metal: Black, so when God of War came out, and I heard it was so great, I picked it up.

I certainly don't call anyone a fanboy for liking his games, or his humor.

However, I just couldn't get into God of War, and I'm not making this up. I realize the game is fantastic, lol, but I just didn't think it was, well, very stylish. I felt the gameplay was crude and lacked the variety and style of the DMC and Ninja Gaiden series. So, TM, great, GoW, not a big fan. The jumping just messes it up for me.

Anyway, so, that said, it's obvious that I don't respect the man as much as most people do, from a design standpoint. This is a silly opinion, yes, but I can't help that I have it.

So, when I read Jaffe's blog for the first time, I'm like, oh, cool, a real developer blog about the industry.

So I read it, and it has the crap about how the DS is worse than the PSP. I'm no retard. I have both systems, and I can see that no sane person could judge the PSP's actual library superior to the DS's library, its like saying the Wii has a better game selection than the 360 at this point. It would be nice, but it's just not true.

This kinda pisses me off a little, but I let it slide. I do a quick wikipedia on Jaffe and find out that he's basically worked for sony for a long time, but has recently left to do his own projects, which are basically on the sony systems, probably exclusively.

He's kinda like the developer of Brawl. Freelance, but basically a 2nd party with strong ties to the company.

That's cool, so he prefers Sony because of his long history.

So I read his next blog. It's all about how he's playing Galaxy, but doesn't see what the big deal is so far. Maybe he will.

Then, he comes out and says some PSP game is better than a DS game, and Rachet and Clank is better than Galaxy, but makes it seem like he's some unbiased observer.

Now, it's obvious to the outsider that Jaffe has a little bit of a sony fanboy leant. This isn't debatable to me, you can disagree, but please don't try to tell me he doesn't, the man could be a Sony PR agent, tbh.

The issue is, he's not JUST up-playing the sony products, he's passive-agressively flaming Sony's biggest rival, Nintendo. What's worse, he's attempting to make his opinion seem unbiased and relevant, in an attempt to give it more creedance, and since he's a developer of a famous games, it DOES give him more creedance, than that of the average fanboy. The press loves him, because he's one of the few publishers who will give them the time of day, and again, their anti-Nintendo biased goals(believe in them or not) are furthered with every word that comes out of Jaffe's mouth, which, since he has become "independant" involve much less of the pro-sony talk, and much more of the anti-nintendo talk.

The final straw against him for me, was when that stupid ass interviewer quotes Miyamoto out of context(who has more than likely never heard of Jaffe or Twisted Metal) in an attemt to get a good new controversial anti-Nintendo line out of him, and of course, he delivers with a zinger of epic proportions. All the sites(kotaku especially) LOVED it and prominantly displayed it.

This pissed off Nintendo fans, to no end, who feel that Miyamoto is, of course, the best developer of all time(which can be backed up with facts, but I digress), and Jaffe is a flavor of the month, who stumbled onto a great franchise, but hasn't quite proven himself as the struggling artist he likes to picture himself as.

So, Jaffe apologized to the Nintendo fans, in his own way, realizing that insulting Miyamoto might have stepped over the line, considering it's quite obvious that unlike myself, or himself, Miyamoto would likely not have insulted him in retort. "Here's my fucking Wii remote," he says, paraphrased.

It'll do for now, but I still hate the bastard, and won't buy any of his games, I dont' give a shit if he develops Twisted Metal on the Wii. I actually like sony, PS3, microsoft, and 360, and many of their great developers, but I hate Jaffe, I think he's a fanboy in disguise, one of the biggest assholes in the industry, and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Then again, maybe I'm taking things too seriously.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

phil said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
inforcer2 said:

If Miyamoto wants to be in the public eye, he's going to have to take some criticism. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Edit: If someone makes a funny joke about Miyamoto, then he is in fact joke fodder.

Anyhow, talk about a mountain out of a mole hill. The interviewer asked a bullshit question, and Jaffe delfated it. What's the big deal? Doesn't seem to me like he was taking a shot at anyone.

Because Miyamoto got into game developement to become famous.

I don't think he was taking a shot, I said as much in my next post, as I mostly blame the interviewer. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Played_Out said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
inforcer2 said:

And we, as Sony fans, feel you should keep Miyamoto's cock out of your mouth.

At Nintendo, there are people who actually care about the games the companies produce, and not simply the botttom line of the outsourced "first party" projects. This might sound idealistic too you, but it's policy over at the big N.

If Jaffe was working for Nintendo, and had a mouth like that about a Sony developer, he'd be out the fucking door, before he could count the steps they threw him down.

Feel free to keep your trollish arguments out of the personal arena, and into, I dunno, actual perspective and argument.

I never understood how anyone could be a "Sony fanboy". I mean, what part of the Sony corp has ever "done you right?"

599 US dollars, or Ridge Racer?

Maybe you just respect all those legendary Sony developers, like...Jaffe. A real stand up guy.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

twesterm said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:

Why do you take things so personally? Jaffe does not equal Sony and liking Jaffe doesn't mean you hate Nintendo and love Sony.

I hate to keep triple posting, like this.

However, when I got people on this forum, trolling and calling me a cocksucker, it's kinda hard not to take it personally.

If I seem a little on edge, it's because I do feel strongly about my hatred for Jaffe, not just because of this incident, and I'm having a hard time communicating what I'm trying to say, exactly.

In this case, the interviewer was wrong, however, Jaffe still isn't worth a red cent in my book, because he's a slimey arrogant prick with no respect, imho. I wish everyone else would get over my harsh feelings for the man, because I have a long time ago. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

However, when I got people on this forum, trolling and calling me a cocksucker, it's kinda hard not to take it personally.

You're new to this whole "internet" thing aren't you?