By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Microsoft announce the $299 + $15/month Xbox One with Xbox Live deal?

I really wish it was more competitive price wise. Even just to 449 would help.

Around the Network
thranx said:
I really wish it was more competitive price wise. Even just to 449 would help.

Same, just £350 and I would have no qualms day 1. I think MS know this is just a liiitle bit overpriced.

I really don't see it work for a $299 price model. The 360 model at $99 looks cheap  in comparison to the $250 PS3 and only $15 a month? The $299 price model doesn't look cheap in comparison to the $399 PS4 if you're also on a two year contract.

You're getting ripped off either way, but it's easier for people to get suckered into something when it looks like they're not paying as much.

piggychan said:
I really feel they should release a sku without the kinect 2

have you seen the ps4 eye demo video?  personally sony should have went with their plans and added the eye so developers know that every user has access but instead they dropped  $60 off the price.

xbox devs know that every user has access so they can implement usage into every game and it wont be a waste of time.  even if its just accessing the menus via voice.

kupomogli said:

I really don't see it work for a $299 price model. The 360 model at $99 looks cheap  in comparison to the $250 PS3 and only $15 a month? The $299 price model doesn't look cheap in comparison to the $399 PS4 if you're also on a two year contract.

You're getting ripped off either way, but it's easier for people to get suckered into something when it looks like they're not paying as much.

They could do $199 at $25 a month ($500) for a year or $15 a month for 2 years. ($560)

Around the Network

It really would be in their best interest to do a subscription model like that I believe. It's not necessary for launch, but after that they could very well need one.

Also, there will never be a One model without Kinect.

Seece said:

They could do $199 at $25 a month ($500) for a year or $15 a month for 2 years. ($560)

It'd work to get sales, but Microsoft wouldn't be making a profit at all on the first one, and they'd be losing money on Xbox Live for both.  It'd also put Microsoft at risk.  What happens if after a month or two the people quit paying.  The Xbox One would get locked down, but the cost of the console to actually make a profit would need to be closer to that $500 mark.  If they paid $200 then only paid two months, Microsoft would lose $250 on the console.  The disconnection fee would go on the customers credit if not paid, but Microsoft may only see a small amount of that money when they sell the ownership of that to a collection agency.

Usually people who do  pay plans are the same kinds of people who are usually a month behind with all their bills.  The people who only pay the past due.  Not saying that this is the case for everyone, but most of the people fit under this.  This is why it's such a risk for Microsoft, because as a form of entertainment only, this would be one of the first things to go if they don't have enough to pay for it. 

Seece said:
kupomogli said:

15 for 2 years I think would sell better than 25 for one.