By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Head Tracking Wii in Fatal Frame 4?

It would be great to have a game to use that kind of technology.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Around the Network

wow, pretty cool, but you can imagine how graphically demanding this will be.

Now, you need to bring this to PS3 with PSeyes, I'd buy this game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

This would be too much physical activity. It would get annoying I think. Though it was pretty cool.

kingofwale said:

We all KNOW you are a PS3 fanboy, stop trolling it every single post. Jeez.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

>We all KNOW you are a PS3 fanboy, stop trolling it every single post. Jeez.

because I pointed out this is also possible with PSeye? and I'd buy a game with the ability if it comes out on PS3?

Wow, even for a Wii fanboy, you are way too defensive.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@ kingofwale - I'm not tryingto be defensive, I wasn't only refering to this post. You've just made similiar comments in almost every thread I see you post in.

On subject, whichever company does this first = win :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
kingofwale said:

Head tracking? Graphically demanding?

All you have to do is move the camera around in a 3D space relative to how the head moves. Shouldn't increase graphical load on any game that's already in 3D. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@ Lingyis & BCrayfish
Thanks for making me (us) aware of this. That was very interesting.

I think that if some one got the information to one of the bigger game sites they could pass it on during one of their interviews with Miyamoto or SUDA 51. Both of those guys like new concepts enough to utilize the tech.

As we (or maybe just me) saw on N-Europe.com Site, this week, Nintendo is always (trying) thinking of new things to do with the Wii-mote.

This idea seems to be far better than any of thos patents. Far better than the Zapper, the Steering Wheel, and all of those Golf or fishing rod shells.

I think that the guy from that video should be working for Nintendo. Nintendo said we would have many periphials for the Wii this at least would be a periphial that is actually useful.

kingofwale said:

because I pointed out this is also possible with PSeye? and I'd buy a game with the ability if it comes out on PS3?

no, you know exactly what u did

u made a comment insinuating the wii can't handle it graphically so it should be on the ps3 instead

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
kingofwale said:

You were being called a PS3 fanboy because you falsely said wii can't handle a camera related issue because of graphics. 

What is it nowadays with people that assume every single thing can be done only with high graphics??  Head tracking is purely a camera issue, there's no graphics needed at all.  Next thing they're gonna say is that games can't save progress unless it has uber realistic graphics or that you can't have orchestral music without l33t graphics.