By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134

1PM on Saturday EST is fine for me (I'm in UK, so 6PM GMT is good for me). Will give me enough time to get to know the game!

Add me on NNID: BigAl79

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cornishguilt said:
This game is enticing enough to draw me into getting a Wii U today, I'm powerless to resist Mario and his karting. Looking forward to the tournaments!

Congrats on your purchase mate! I did similarly a few weeks ago!

Oh, and since you live in a more unique time zone, tell us what time would be good for you!

Thanks!

The timezone thing is a tricky one. Probably the best time for me is 18:00 EST or after for me on weekends. As for weekdays, 09:00 EST would be possible for me too. I understand if these are tricky times for you guys though.

Add me on 3DS/ Wii U

3DS Friend Code: 0232-9757-7553

Wii U: WiiCornishguilt

Sign me up. I can be free pretty much any time Saturday.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Is there gonna be any rules regulating voice chat, like if we can even use it and if so what things can and cannot be said on there?

Cornishguilt said:

Thanks!

The timezone thing is a tricky one. Probably the best time for me is 18:00 EST or after for me on weekends. As for weekdays, 09:00 EST would be possible for me too. I understand if these are tricky times for you guys though.

Cool so my suggested time of 7-8pm EST would work for ya! <(^_^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:

Is there gonna be any rules regulating voice chat, like if we can even use it and if so what things can and cannot be said on there?

Cornishguilt said:

Thanks!

Cool so my suggested time of 7-8pm EST would work for ya! <(^_^<)

True, that would be great for me. It would be morning here, so once I've had my morning coffee, I'll be ready to race, ha!

Add me on 3DS/ Wii U

3DS Friend Code: 0232-9757-7553

Wii U: WiiCornishguilt

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Was voice chat confirmed sometime? If yes, did they say if there was a mute option?

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Was voice chat confirmed sometime? If yes, did they say if there was a mute option?

All I know is it can only be used when playing with friends and only while waiting in the lobby, not during the races themselves.

Do we need to become friends with NintendoPie if he's hosting the tournaments? How do I do so?

RCTjunkie said:
Do we need to become friends with NintendoPie if he's hosting the tournaments? How do I do so?

I swear, I had already set up my license before seeing yours! xD

And yeah I imagine he'll either send us invites or he'll post his NNID so we can send them to him.

Einsam_Delphin said:

All I know is it can only be used when playing with friends and only while waiting in the lobby, not during the races themselves.

Oh yes, I remember now. 

In this case, I'm sure people will be okay with it. If a mute option is available then I'll be all for having people be able to use the mic.