By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo producing more GC controllers for NA SSBB release?

What don't you get?

People say it is a gamecube with a new controller, therefore using a Gamecube controller instead of the Wii one would make it a gamecube.

It's not technically true, it's only used by some anti-Wii people.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
What don't you get?

People say it is a gamecube with a new controller, therefore using a Gamecube controller instead of the Wii one would make it a gamecube.

It's not technically true, it's only used by some anti-Wii people.

Ok. I get ya. I just couldn't tell how serious you were being. I just get tired of having to point out all the problems with so many anti-this and anti-that statements, that I just jump right into anything that doesn't completely make sense. That and I like the extra posts I get. It's kinda why I argue with CrazzyMan...

Yea, my fault for bringing up in first place...

I see wireless 3rd party controllers all the time at Gamestop/EB Games/Best Buy. I haven't tried one of them. I have a wavebird. I don't think Nintendo is going to make anymore.

Is there some sort of problem with 3rd-party controllers? I see them at Circuit City and Best Buy all the time.

Around the Network

tried ebay?

Source 

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Why would Nintendo produce more gamecube controllers? Wouldn't they rather people buy the classic controllers instead?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Thats true stof, but Sakurai himself said he prefered the gamecube controller setup. And it would really suck if he was advocating a controller option that Nintendo isn't going to support.

And I've had a bad history with third party controllers, they just always seem to break down within a week or so.....

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Lucky me! I still have 2 Wave birds and 4 gamecube controllers somewhere :D

Anyways I agree with Stof. The classic controller should be a fine substitute for the gamecube controller. It only has 1 small difference and it's that the the d-pad and analog stick have switched places. I don't see a problem there.

Edit: no my controllers aren't for sale! 

Aj_habfan said:
Gamecube controller + Wii console = Gamecube

O yes that's right, I went there.

Gamecube Control + Smash Bros > *

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me