By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo producing more GC controllers for NA SSBB release?

Because I refuse to use a third party Gamecube controller, and I'm having a heck of a time finding wavebirds/wired firstparty controllers even used..... Is Nintendo stocking up for the release date?

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Around the Network

Maybe..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they sell 'em on the official nintendo site?

Gamecube controller + Wii console = Gamecube

O yes that's right, I went there.

Wavebirds are no longer in production if my memory serves me correctly. Also, Gamecube controllers are in VERY short supply. I found 2 at a gamestop about a month ago and bought them.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Aj_habfan said:

Wait, does that mean a PS3 controller + PS3 = PS2?

And is a PS2 and a PS2 controller just a PSOne 1.5? 

Just throwing that out there.

Around the Network
Stever89 said:
Aj_habfan said:

Wait, does that mean a PS3 controller + PS3 = PS2?

And is a PS2 and a PS2 controller just a PSOne 1.5? 

Just throwing that out there.

Wow, that was pretty weak, and didn't really capaitalize on the large oppurtunity I gave you. But nice effort, you have potential young one.

But do you think Nintendo will produce a supply that they will release specifically on March 9th in time for Brawl? I would think they would, seeing as they were/are selling them by the bucketful in Japan now.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Aj_habfan said:

It almost sounds like you're mocking the Wii for its power or lack of it, but then I found I looked in this thread and found this:

Aj_habfan said:
Since when do does something have to on the breaking edge to be enjoyable?

And on topic, I have the funny feeling they aren't going to produce more Gamecube controllers.  I can't remember where but I read that they had stopped producing them and I doubt they're going to start back up. 

Nice pick up, I wasn't actually trying to make a point, I just found it funny because lots of people complain the Wii is gamecube with a new controller, and now for this people want the gamecube controller for their Wii, so it would just be a gamecube.

Aj_habfan said:
Nice pick up, I wasn't actually trying to make a point, I just found it funny because lots of people complain the Wii is gamecube with a new controller, and now for this people want the gamecube controller for their Wii, so it would just be a gamecube.

I don't really see how using a standard controller for an older console on a new console makes that new console really just an old one? That's why I pointed out that if that is the case, then isn't the PS3 just a PS2? The PS3 and PS2 controllers are very similar, one has rumble, one has motion sensing abilities. Both will have rumble sooner or later. I just don't follow the logic. And weren't the PS2 and PS1 controllers similar?

I mean obviously using a GC controller would eliminate probably the greatest feature of the Wii, but still, that does not make the Wii a GC.

If you weren't trying to make a point, why bother bringing it up?