By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who has Better exclusives? MS or Sony.

What system has the better exclusive line up?

Sony 59 52.21%

Microsoft 54 47.79%

Total:113

Pricing and DRM aside, which line up are most excited for both for launch and just overall. For the sake of time I've excluded indie exclusives (sony has way too many at 16). Also I'm merely talking Next-Gen exclusives (i.e games can also be on PC+360/PS3 ala Titan). CS* means console exclusive.

XBox One

-Ryse (launch title- CS*)
-Forza 5 (launch title CS*)
-Kinect Sports Rivals (launch title CS*)
-Killer Instinct (launch title CS*)
-Dead Rising 3 (launch title CS*)
-Project Spark (CS*)
-Quantum Break (CS*)
-Halo (CS*)
-Crimson Dragon (CS*)
-Sunset overdrive (CS*)
-Titan Fall
-Black tusk game (CS*)

PS4

-Knack (launch title CS*) 
-Killzone 
(launch title CS*)
-Drive Club 
(launch title CS*)
-Planetside 2-  (launch title)
-
Warframe (Launch Title)
-DC Universe (Launch title)
-Infamous Second Son (launch Window CS*)
-FInal Fantasy XIV 
 (launch Window)
-The Order 1886 (CS*)

So off the bat, its clear Microsoft are winning in the shear amount, especially considering many of the PS4s titles are late PC ports whereas the 9 of the Xboxs Ones are true exclusives only found on the sytem, the PS4 only has 5 in comparison. The PS4's line up however is far more tangible, many of the games will be available at launch (more launch titles than xbox) and we've seen plenty of gameplay. Games like Halo, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are merely concepts at this point.

Right now I'm leaning towards Sony because there launch line up is more meaty, neither systems have must buys for me t launch but I'm tempted by knack and some of the free to play titles on PS4. Because of how much content they're delivering  to the PS3 this fall, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I know they'e got studios hard at work on 2014 titles. (media molecule, Tarsia studios, Naughty dog team 2, Santamonica team 2, 2nd Geurilla Games title, London/soho team.) 

What about you? If theres an indie title that you're pushing you in a certain direction please mention it! :)

Around the Network

This entirely depends on whether or not FFXV and KHIII are Exclusive to the PS4.

If they are MULTIPLAT...atm i would probably give it to Xbox One (note that we didnt see any of Sony's major First party studio games, where as we saw almost all of Microsoft's)

If they are Exclusive to the PS4...Then Sony wins by default.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

InFamous Second Son wins the whole thing for me, sorry. MS has great Quantity but I'm not feeling the Quality from them (not saying there isn't any but...)

Incidentally, Sony has announced a few PS4 games outside of E3 both before and after.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

kowenicki said:
which are exclusives and which are console exclusives?

Updated in the OP :)

That´s quite subjective.Personally, I´m very tired of FPS games, so Halo, Killzone, TitanFall and Sunset Overdrive do nothing for me, and though I love cars in real life, I get bored with sim racers very easily, I prefer the more arcadey racers, I´m not sure where Drive Club fits here.

Anyway, as of now I prefer the PS4 lineup, very interested in Knack and Infamous (and possibly Drive Club, if it isn´t a sim racer)...oh, and The Order, maybe, need to see what kind of game it is.

On the X1, only Quantum Break has my attention, though I don´t even know what kind of game it is.

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
This entirely depends on whether or not FFXV and KHIII are Exclusive to the PS4.

If they are MULTIPLAT...atm i would probably give it to Xbox One (note that we didnt see any of Sony's major First party studio games, where as we saw almost all of Microsoft's)

If they are Exclusive to the PS4...Then Sony wins by default.

If they exclusive I'm sony would have boasted. For now lets just consider them multiplatform. Same with Microsoft and next gen MSG5.

My thread has a better breakdown. But its funny how we live in opposite world now.......MS finally has an upper hand on exclusives, but its k cause Sony has better policies, despite now a online multiplayer paywall introduced.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There aren't enough details about many of the XO games, to be honest. Quantum Break looks really interesting but I don't know enough to say I want it. Who even knows about the Black Tusk game? Sony's The Order game is in the same boat, though.

Based on what we know right this minute, I'd pick the PS4 content, as I KNOW I want to play Killzone, Knack, inFamous, DriveClub, and possibly Planetside 2.

Also, isn't that Max game an XO exclusive? That's probably the one I like the best. Titan Fall looks interesting but I really don't like mecha, in games or elsewhere, so I'd take Destiny over that--both of which I'd play on PC, anyway.

I don't know Project Spark.

sales2099 said:
My thread has a better breakdown. But its funny how we live in opposite world now.......MS finally has an upper hand on exclusives, but its k cause Sony has better policies, despite now a online multiplayer paywall introduced.

We don't know enough yet. Sony has 20 first party exclusives first year, probably 30 with TP. Both have plenty more to reveal so quality is up in the air, but I'm pretty sure Sony's won by numbers.

Andrespetmonkey said:
sales2099 said:

We don't know enough yet. Sony has 20 first party exclusives first year, probably 30 with TP. Both have plenty more to reveal so quality is up in the air, but I'm pretty sure Sony's won by numbers.

Except MS has more right now that we know of. Until that number changes, MS is winning in number.

Also its worth noting that the 15 X1 exclusives dont take into account 3rd party XBLA and retail exclusives, which we know MS is pushing harder then Sony on this

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.