By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Riot Of The Blood said:
I still wish Capcom would have put Zero in this game.

He would have been a great character, and I would have mained him. I wanted him in this game more than any other character.

I was playing Mega Man X 4 this weekend (felt nostalgic I guess, wanted to test my PS3 backwards compatibility too) and I kept thinking that Zero would make a kickass character in Brawl, better than Megaman because he has close range attacks. Mega Man would have turned into a projectile spamming freak, Zero with his abitities from Mega Man X 4  would make a very interesting character.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I still wish Capcom would have put Zero in this game.

He would have been a great character, and I would have mained him. I wanted him in this game more than any other character.

I was playing Mega Man X 4 this weekend (felt nostalgic I guess, wanted to test my PS3 backwards compatibility too) and I kept thinking that Zero would make a kickass character in Brawl, better than Megaman because he has close range attacks. Mega Man would have turned into a projectile spamming freak, Zero with his abitities from Mega Man X 4  would make a very interesting character.

We had this discussion and I actually wrote out my idea for X in the original Brawl thread.

My idea would be to have X's Down+B teleport him out and Zero in (like Zelda/Shiek).  X would be faster and more projectile oriented while Zero would be slower and more close-combat oriented.

IvoYarido said:
brute said:
i really hope nintendo releases a brawl channel

What good would that do? Brawl has no coding for downloadable content, nor coding for anything in the Wii Menu aside from its animation. Having a Brawl channel would just be something its not compatible with. It wouldn't work unless the entire Brawl Code was included within it.

Dare I also mention, that since Brawl wasn't made exactly by Nintendo, and the team that made it has already disbanded that the chance of Nintendo themselves making something extra for it is highly unlikely.

Brawl isn't going to get diddly for Downloadable Content.

Been playing around with CPUs on SC4. They're all pretty retarded save for one... The Apprentice's fighting style is just insane. He's harder to beat then the games boss character Algol. I swear he hits you once, and your finished. He just blasts you whereever you are with something. If he can't reach you then he'll just force pull you so he can as well X.x I'm not exactly sure of the ban needs for SC, but he seems like a ban worthy character to me :x

Edit: Been reading around online. Yoda is apparently completely broken (lol360). He can't be grabbed at all due to his size and apparently only low blows and sweeping verticals to mid can hit him. Then to make him more absurd he's incredibly fast. Just for emphasis: Yoda can't even grab Yoda. lol...

Edit: Well, SC4 just made me angry. I was looking forward to seeing what Ashlotte was all about. She was an original looking addition to the cast. Well... She's a clone of Astaroth. An EXACT clone as far as I can tell. The only difference, is she has less range... I want to stab someone >.<

How are Sophitia and Seung Mina?  ^_^

chriscox1121 said:
i don't like ditto's. i don't think they necessarily mean you are a better player when someone beats you with your main. I don't think it works that way. i think it is better measured when you play against a certain set of people and then you can calculate wins and losses and then determine who is better.

I never had many dittos because nobody here plays Peach but two days ago I got to play a Red Peach ditto on Allisbrawl. That was a really weird match, way to much Forward-Air going on, at the end of the match I could get hit by his Forward-air at 140% without getting killed.

I never quite know how to behave in a ditto in any game either, I remember Terran vs Terran in Starcraft and that was just a pain.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
chriscox1121 said:
i don't like ditto's. i don't think they necessarily mean you are a better player when someone beats you with your main. I don't think it works that way. i think it is better measured when you play against a certain set of people and then you can calculate wins and losses and then determine who is better.

I never had many dittos because nobody here plays Peach but two days ago I got to play a Red Peach ditto on Allisbrawl. That was a really weird match, way to much Forward-Air going on, at the end of the match I could get hit by his Forward-air at 140% without getting killed.

I never quite know how to behave in a ditto in any game either, I remember Terran vs Terran in Starcraft and that was just a pain.

*ahem*

Around the Network
IvoYarido said:

Been playing around with CPUs on SC4. They're all pretty retarded save for one... The Apprentice's fighting style is just insane. He's harder to beat then the games boss character Algol. I swear he hits you once, and your finished. He just blasts you whereever you are with something. If he can't reach you then he'll just force pull you so he can as well X.x I'm not exactly sure of the ban needs for SC, but he seems like a ban worthy character to me :x

This reminds me of Jinpachi in Tekken 5! Damn that guy was so frustrating to fight! Super fast unblockable attacks, a projectile that's really hard to evade and takes away more than half your life. Thank God he wasn't playable!

Signature goes here!

Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
chriscox1121 said:

*ahem*

OK, OK, almost nobody plays her and nobody else mains her.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Hehe.  ^_^

What did you think of the X idea at the end of the last page?

Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Hehe.  ^_^

What did you think of the X idea at the end of the last page?

Sounds great and the warping actually fits the Mega Man setting since both X and Zero teleport from stage to stage. Now, we only gotta kidnap Sakurai and force him to make Brawl 2.

Signature goes here!

I'm not too sure I like that idea, WoW.

First off, I prefer the Zero series Zero. I would want him in instead, because his character design is much cooler looking. I don't think Zero should be slower than X, niether. Zero's gameplay has always been much faster than X's. He swings his sword with lighting speed. If they kep Zero true to his game, I could see him playing like a faster Marth.

I think X's down b should allow him to switch to his armor or either an alternate power (Fire, Ice, ect).

It would be better to have the two as seperate characters.

Zero's alternate colors could switch him from the X version and Zero version, like how Wario is.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!