By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

I tried playing Toon Link but he doesn't have enough range for my tastes.

I like spacing a lot, LOL. I've been watching Ken's melee Marth and it's been helping my Marth a lot.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

ok...so does anyone here knows what a prat fall is? i've been puzzled with this since i got the game. I'm looking @ you ivo.

chriscox1121 said:
ok...so does anyone here knows what a prat fall is? i've been puzzled with this since i got the game. I'm looking @ you ivo.

When you hit the ground after being hit, you can press shield and quickly stand up.  If you don't do that you flop onto the ground and lay still.  That's a pratfall.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I tried playing Toon Link but he doesn't have enough range for my tastes. 

That's what killed me in in that first match.  I'm really not used to having so little range.  That's one reason I like big Link.  His sword has decent reach.  Every time I tried to swing at you in the first match I came up short.  In the 2nd match I had a better of idea how far Toon Link's attacks hit so I was able to fare a bit better.

I still have trouble seeing the reach of his aerials though.  Plus his speed means that I often wind up closer to my opponent than I'd like.  That's part of the reason I walked off during the lag before we got disconnected.  Not only could I not stop in time due to lag, but I didn't know when to stop running with him to end where I wanted.

I need a lot of practice on spacing if I want my TL to get better.

Toon Link has more range then he seems to have. I think his aerials have more range then Lucario in the air, minus D-air and maybe B-air. On the ground his range is better, but he's slower their as well.

Toon Links dash attack is horrible. Dashing Up-smash is a better alternative to it >.> Less lag and harder to punish.

I finally got a decent online match in from SC4, so I'm going to upload it now. Its my Create and Character based on Amy against a clueless Kilik. No impressive combos, I tried to do a few though and they either failed or didn't get started right. My characters pants break off halfway though >.> So I had to finish the match in my undies X.x

Pratfall is when you fail a ground tech and don't rebound off the ground. WoW got it right.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Around the Network

I'm not even sure how to go about spacing with him. He has a sword and all, but what attacks are go for him to space with? I think his ftilt is decent... His aerials are probably his best bet.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Toon Links an aerial fighter. His ground game is almost all for KOes. Occasionally Jab works, its got pretty good range for a jab but its easily punished if you miss a hit. B-air is his all purpose damage dealer along with projectiles. Toon Link should only approach if he absolutely has to or when he's ready to KO. His F-smash can shield poke on a depleted shield on the second hit. His Down Smash can actually insta gimp someone if they smash DI it badly. F-tilts fairly slow, its a KO shot more then anything else.

IvoYarido said:

Toon Link has more range then he seems to have. I think his aerials have more range then Lucario in the air, minus D-air and maybe B-air. On the ground his range is better, but he's slower their as well.

Toon Links dash attack is horrible. Dashing Up-smash is a better alternative to it >.> Less lag and harder to punish.

I finally got a decent online match in from SC4, so I'm going to upload it now. Its my Create and Character based on Amy against a clueless Kilik. No impressive combos, I tried to do a few though and they either failed or didn't get started right. My characters pants break off halfway though >.> So I had to finish the match in my undies X.x

Pratfall is when you fail a ground tech and don't rebound off the ground. WoW got it right.

That's what I think too.  I used TL a little on Sunday and I got to the point where I could actually tag Lucario's dair with TL's up smash before he could hit me so I know the range of the up smash pretty well at this point.  It's the bair/fair that I need to figure out.  Especially the fact that fair spins making timing a bit tricky.

TL's dash is somewhat bad but it hits at 35 degree angle.  If I tag someone with it and their back is to a ledge, it can be pretty hard to come back from.

This was my first real attempt at using Toon Link (second attempt at Wario).  As a side note, Wario is freaking hard to use.  I get closer to winning with him and winning a bit more often but I still can't find that "sweet spot."  Wario is easily the hardest character in the game for me to use.

Edit:  Spiking Shea of the bottom of a Skyworld platform with TL's fair was epic.  I thought I was done for against her Luigi before I managed that one.

hello everyone, i plan on smashing with some of you guys in the near future. i'm new to the site

TL's dash trips, it doesn't have knockback until very high percentages.