By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

@Shea : Very nice duels and this time I didn't get crushed! I think we won about half and half (maybe, MAY-BE you got one or two over me). I'm finally getting used to fighting Luigi. He's so mean to Peach when he gets in the air!

I've been trying to cut back on the Forward and Up Smashes and to increase the Forward and Up tilts, it's proven very effective! Up tilt has much more reach than Smash and Forward tilt sends people up which leads to tons of fun stuff!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
@Shea : Very nice duels and this time I didn't get crushed! I think we won about half and half (maybe, MAY-BE you got one or two over me). I'm finally getting used to fighting Luigi. He's so mean to Peach when he gets in the air!

I've been trying to cut back on the Forward and Up Smashes and to increase the Forward and Up tilts, it's proven very effective! Up tilt has much more reach than Smash and Forward tilt sends people up which leads to tons of fun stuff!

I think we are even also.  You were better than usual.  My Luigi was the only character that had a chance.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

If its like SC3, don't even bother with it for competitive reasons. Casuals win by button mashing, while characters have a pretty decent spread between combo kings and heavy hitters.

If you want to kill yourself over Brawls defensive system, SC3's will make you break down into tears and outright torture yourself to death.

SC4 is looking like SC3 so far but theres been very little gameplay footage. So far it just looks pretty.

Theres some good gameplay footage on IGN (Woo Amy!) but the biggest thing thats bother me about the series is the fights almost always are only 20-30 seconds long. Might just be me, but I prefer drawn out fights to the short and sweet =/

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Nintendo should remake melee and put online in it.

I did the coolest thing today in that game. I got my cousins Roy with an uthrow, utilt juggle, then ken combo. I was like... Yeah! It was awesome.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

IvoYarido said:
If its like SC3, don't even bother with it for competitive reasons. Casuals win by button mashing, while characters have a pretty decent spread between combo kings and heavy hitters.

If you want to kill yourself over Brawls defensive system, SC3's will make you break down into tears and outright torture yourself to death.

SC4 is looking like SC3 so far but theres been very little gameplay footage. So far it just looks pretty.

Theres some good gameplay footage on IGN (Woo Amy!) but the biggest thing thats bother me about the series is the fights almost always are only 20-30 seconds long. Might just be me, but I prefer drawn out fights to the short and sweet =/

Have you ever played a Soul Calibur game or are you just reciting what you've read?

Around the Network
shizzlee said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I think we are even also. You were better than usual. My Luigi was the only character that had a chance.

Thanks Shea! You were tough as nails as usual but you're right things seemed to flow more easily today and Luigi did give me a hard time!

Signature goes here!

I've played it, albeit not long. I know experienced players actually combo and use tactics, but thats where the broken defensive system kicked in and ruined it. =/ I enjoyed SC2 while it was popular.

Biggest problem with the series... version exclusive characters. I want Yoda for my PS3 ; ;

IvoYarido said:
I've played it, albeit not long. I know experienced players actually combo and use tactics, but thats where the broken defensive system kicked in and ruined it. =/ I enjoyed SC2 while it was popular.

Biggest problem with the series... version exclusive characters. I want Yoda for my PS3 ; ;

Eh, I don't really care about the exclusive characters.  Star Wars is a snorefest IMO.  As long as Sophitia and Seung Mina are in the new one I'll be happy.

That was close 73%

They are. I'm excited for Amy =P

I think Amy in this version was an actual designed character instead of a character creater made character. In the gameplay footage I've seen of her she seems pretty quick and a good comboer. She moves pretty cool too.